• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Figuring Out the Knives in My Knife Block

I have seen similar knives at the state fair for a set of 4 that were more expensive. In summary, the conversation is discussing a knife block that holds 14 knives and 2 kitchen shears. They are trying to figure out what specific knives are included and how many of each. They also discuss the option of putting other knives in the block and how many open slots are available. One person mentions emailing the test kitchens to get an official count and another person mentions a chart that will indicate what sizes fit in each slot. The conversation also touches on the quality and price of the knives.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So I know the knife block holds 14 knives and 2 kitchen shears, but I am trying to figure out what the knives are. Anybody write it down at conference? Thanks for the help!

Here are all the knives, anybody know exact numbers?:

9" Bread - 1
8" Chef's - 1
7" Santoku - 1
5" Santoku - ?
5" Utility - ?
5" Boning - ?
3 1/2" Paring - ?
3" Paring - ?

GourmetGirl said:
So I know the knife block holds 14 knives and 2 kitchen shears, but I am trying to figure out what the knives are. Anybody write it down at conference? Thanks for the help!

9" Bread - 1
8" Chef's - 1
7" Santoku - 1
5" Santoku - ?
5" Utility - ?
5" Boning - ?
3 1/2" Paring - ?
3" Paring - ?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but I believe they have 4 open slots available for your other favs. You could also put the steak knife set in there.

GourmetGirl said:

9" Bread - 1
8" Chef's - 1
7" Santoku - 1
5" Santoku - ?
5" Utility - ?
5" Boning - ?
3 1/2" Paring - ?
3" Paring - ?

I would say all 8 pieces of Forged Cutlery, plus the 6 steak knives.

Here is the best I can tell...3 large ones - Santoku or Chef's
1 bread knife
7 approx. 5" knifes
3 around 3"
2 kitchen shears or scissors

leftymac said:
I would say all 8 pieces of Forged Cutlery, plus the 6 steak knives.

Keith - I thought there were only 4 steak knives in the set?

Looks like there are 7 slots on top, 7 slots below, plus 2 openings for kitchen shears/whatever.

I would put the 7 of the 8 main forged cutlery knives up top, and put the Utility Knife down at the bottom with a set of steak knives (4). That leaves 2 open slots for other smaller sized knives (the big Santoku, Bread Knife and Chef's knife would all be up top). That's how it looked in one of the pictures I saw, anyway. Can't wait to try it out!! :D

I emailed the test kitchens to ask them for an official count - I'll post when I get a response

I think they just wanted to leave extra space for knives that may come out in the future.

There will be a chart on the PIG for the block that indicates what sizes are accommodated by what slots. I didn't write it down during the product intro. Sorry.2 of the 14 slots are for shears - they're the square-ish holes in the lower section.

chefann said:
There will be a chart on the PIG for the block that indicates what sizes are accommodated by what slots. I didn't write it down during the product intro. Sorry.

2 of the 14 slots are for shears - they're the square-ish holes in the lower section.

And we were counting on you.:grumpy:

Pbbhhtt. ;)I was too star-struck, with Jean sitting right in front of John and me. :)

Mine above should be pretty close...

chefann said:
Pbbhhtt. ;)

I was too star-struck, with Jean sitting right in front of John and me. :)

And you think THAT will get you off the hook? :love:

chefann said:
Pbbhhtt. ;)

I was too star-struck, with Jean sitting right in front of John and me. :)

I'm with you, Ann. Jean is my new favorite person in the whole entire world. I just wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home!

cathyskitchen said:
Keith - I thought there were only 4 steak knives in the set?

Looks like there are 7 slots on top, 7 slots below, plus 2 openings for kitchen shears/whatever.

I would put the 7 of the 8 main forged cutlery knives up top, and put the Utility Knife down at the bottom with a set of steak knives (4). That leaves 2 open slots for other smaller sized knives (the big Santoku, Bread Knife and Chef's knife would all be up top). That's how it looked in one of the pictures I saw, anyway. Can't wait to try it out!! :D

You're right, there are only four. Talk about overpriced!

leftymac said:

I figure it has a lifetime warranty and it is one of those items that you always sell at 50% or 60% off. If someone likes them, it's a booking tool to me.

That being said, I don't own them, I have some Henkel ones I got for my wedding that I still love! I use them ALL the time...

I do love my PC forged cutlery though!

leftymac said:

Not when you consider that the 4 knives in the case are very close to the 5" utility knife, which is $32. So that's $128 for the knives alone, and add some for the case.

So I heard back from the test kitchen and here is their response:Dear Alison, Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your
product question. Below are the slot sizes and the Forged Cutlery pieces we recommend for
each slot:1 bread knife slot (ideal for 9" Bread Knife)
1 medium Santoku slot (ideal for 5" Santoku)
3 large slots (ideal for Forged 8" Chef's and 7" Santoku)
6 medium slots (ideal for 5" Utility, 5" Boning, 3 1/2" Paring)
2 kitchen shears slots
3 small slots (ideal for Steak Knife Set, 3" Petite Paring)Sincerely,
Kendra Wolsztyniak
The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens
[email protected]

That's weird that it would only have 3 small slots for steak knives when 4 come in the set :confused:

1. How do I know which knife is best for each task?

Each knife in your knife block is designed for a specific purpose. The chef's knife is ideal for chopping, dicing, and mincing, while the paring knife is great for peeling and precision cutting. The bread knife is perfect for slicing through crusty bread, and the utility knife is versatile for a variety of tasks. The steak knives are designed for cutting through meats at the dinner table.

2. How do I keep my knives sharp?

Properly sharpening your knives is essential for their longevity and effectiveness. We recommend using a honing steel regularly to realign the edges of your knives and a sharpening stone or electric sharpener when necessary. Be sure to follow the instructions for each sharpening tool carefully.

3. Can I put my knives in the dishwasher?

We do not recommend putting your knives in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the blades and handles. Instead, hand wash your knives with warm, soapy water and dry them immediately to prevent rusting.

4. How do I store my knives in the knife block?

To ensure the safety of both yourself and your knives, always store them in the designated slots in the knife block with the blades facing down. This will protect the blades from damage and prevent accidental cuts when reaching for a knife.

5. What do I do if my knife block becomes stained or dirty?

To clean your knife block, use a damp cloth or sponge with mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges as they can damage the wood and finish. Make sure to thoroughly dry the block after cleaning to prevent warping or mold growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Crys Hall
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • gailz2