• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apron or No Apron for Big Fair: Deciding on My PC Shirt Outfit

In summary, if you do not wear an apron, you can still wear a PC shirt and be just as successful. If you do wear an apron, it does not make you look any fatter.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I am doing a big fair this weekend and I will be wearing a PC shirt. It is the button up one with the collar and 3/4 sleeves, a little more dressy. Should I still wear the apron? I hate wearing the apron, and just put up with it at shows. It just seems so big! Do you think it will draw more people to the booth? If you think it will make a difference, I will wear it.

I don't wear mine at booths as long as I am dressed up and in something that has PC on it!

When I did booths before I got any other PC shirts, I wore my apron. I loved having the pocket to put recipe cards, mini catalogs etc in. The last booth I did, I had plenty of room and was behind a table so I didn't need the pockets in the apron and wore my sparkle PC shirt. I think as long as you are wearing something that says PC your fine.

I don't usually wear my apron at fairs and booths. I often don't wear it at shows.

I don't wear my apron at booths and fairs, but I do make sure to wear a PC shirt. And I never sit or stand behind my table.

At shows, I do wear my apron, but only when I remember to put it on. LOL

I don't tend to bring my apron. If I do, I wear the pink one (maybe even folded mostly for the pocket usage). I wear a name tag and a nice PC shirt. It's not too hard to figure out that I'm the consultant.

DebbieJ said:
I don't wear my apron at booths and fairs, but I do make sure to wear a PC shirt. And I never sit or stand behind my table.

At shows, I do wear my apron, but only when I remember to put it on. LOL

I do have to say on this, I didn't have a choice at my last booth. They put us behind the table because it was in a conference room and the only room to stand was behind the table because the walkway was so narrow. I think I heard them discussing a different option next year. I did stand the whole time though while everyone else sat on their chairs...

What's an apron?

Haven't worn one in years (I think it makes me look fatter). I think a nice PC shirt will be perfect.

If you don't want to wear the apron, then "just say no"!! :0)

Seriously, the excitement in your voice and the smile on your face is all you need to attract attention! Just make sure your display is beautiful and inviting, and it should be just fabulous!!

Lots of luck!
Paula

No apron! I think you will look more approachable and not so "stiff" without an apron on ! :balloon:

Wearing an apron would be fine if you're cooking... so long as you've got a PC shirt on (so you can be identified not just by your booth) you should be fine.

I never wear my apron! It bugs me and doesn't look too flattering.

I wear a PC shirt and no apron to all my shows/fairs- very unflattering

I wear my apron, I find it handy for pens, recipe cards, business cards, etc.

i tried my apron on once and it made me look aweful, i never put it on again. if they had one that was more flattering i would wear it. lol

ginamkiely said:
i tried my apron on once and it made me look aweful, i never put it on again. if they had one that was more flattering i would wear it. lol
I wish they would come out with a half apron...you know, just from your waist down to your knees? Many times at my shows, I will fold mine down and wear it like that. I like to have my towel handy (run it through the tie string) and have my pockets for door prize slips and I always keep a brown scraper in there for my stoneware talk.

KellyTheChef said:
I wish they would come out with a half apron...you know, just from your waist down to your knees? Many times at my shows, I will fold mine down and wear it like that. I like to have my towel handy (run it through the tie string) and have my pockets for door prize slips and I always keep a brown scraper in there for my stoneware talk.
I love this idea! I have 3 aprons & I never wear any of them! :D

i might have to try that one kelly, thanks for the tip. i would like to have my cards and pens handy while i'm doing a show, not a bad idea. now i want the dots apron. lol

My director gives her Future Directors red aprons. They fit way better than the denim ones, plus it's red!! I have worn that at the last two fairs/expos that I have done along with a white 3/4 sleeve PC blouse.

The denim one is down in the laundry, never to be near my kit again!!

Related to Apron or No Apron for Big Fair: Deciding on My PC Shirt Outfit

1. Should I wear an apron while cooking?

Yes, we highly recommend wearing an apron while cooking to protect your clothes from spills and stains.

2. What are the benefits of wearing an apron?

Wearing an apron not only protects your clothes, but it also keeps your hands free to handle food and tools, and it prevents burns from hot liquids or oils.

3. Can I wear any apron while cooking?

While any apron will provide some protection, we suggest using an apron specifically designed for cooking as they are made with durable, stain-resistant materials and have features like pockets for convenience.

4. How do I clean my apron?

The cleaning instructions for your apron will depend on the material it is made of. Most aprons can be machine washed on a gentle cycle and air-dried, but always check the care label for specific instructions.

5. Can I personalize my apron?

Yes, many of our aprons come with the option to add personalization, such as your name or a fun cooking-related phrase. This makes for a great gift or a fun way to show off your personality in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLauraW
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
kailyon
Replies
Views
ChefMary412