• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Watching the Next Food Network Star?

In summary, the three finalists are Amy, Rory, and JAG. JAG was not the person that Paul wanted to be the final judge, and he was not a fan of JAG. Amy and Rory had great chemistry on camera, and JAG had some good moments, but Paul felt that Rory was a little weird and her teeth were creepy. Amy was the clear winner, and Paul was happy for her.
DebbieJ
It's down to the final three--JAG, Amy, and Rory.

Who is your pick and why?

I can't stand JAG I hope he is the next to go, I really like Amy, but I also like Rory so I dont know which one I would pick. As long as its not Jag I will be happy.

I have to say Amy. Jag acts like he is on speed and there is just something about Rory I don't think I would watch if she had her own show.

I think Amy has that girl next door feeling to her, maybe becasue she is also a stay at home mom I feel like I can relate to her more and she would have a show that has practical meal ideas instead of some of those shows on food network

I agree, Amy has the girl next door feeling and I would watch her over the other 2.

Jag should havebeen given "dos boot" last week!! I can't stand the way he calls himself The Jag!! I could not watch Rory if she had her own show because well her mouth and miles of gums freaks me out. Amy is awesome, I like her and would like to see her win. Anyone watch Hell's Kitchen or Top Chef? I love both those shows as well!!

One of my guilty pleasures.

I like Amy the best of the three. she is much more camera friendly I think. Rory was also on another reality show that I can't remember the name of, but it was about the town of Vega, TX choosing a new resident -- she had a really competitive side on that show and it was a little unbecoming at times.

I clicked in here without thinking..... I haven't watched last Sunday's episode yet!!!! lol Oh well.... At least now I know Amy is still in it......

My kiddos are watching the show with me, so I've got it recorded (and will record this week) and we'll watch it together when they get home THursday morning!

I really, really LOVE Amy! She is the "Gourmet Next Door", which is how my friends see me (little do they know, I'm stealing all my recipes from Food Network and The Pampered Chef! lol)

The kids really love Jag... but I have a hard time relating to him, I guess......

I'm bummed that Paul is gone (I'm assuming, since he wasn't in the list at the top here.... lol) Between him and Amy, maybe even sharing a show..... wouldn't THAT be a cool show??? lol

OK.... better go do laundry before the heat is too much for me, and then get to packing for CONFERENCE!!!!!!! I leave home at 7am tomorrow......

I'm bummed Paul is gone too, but he really blew it last week. It was a great episode--you'll love it!

I kinda like JAG--I think he would do well. But he needs to slow it down and get a little bit more grounded emotionally.

I really like Amy and I think she's the winner at this point. She bounced back beautifully. She has the food chops and the ease in front of the camera.

Rory could do okay, but she's a bit, um, weird. And those teeth. Ugh.

I like Amy-her food actually looks really yummy! She is the only one left that I would watch!

I agree with the previous post that I could never watch Rory, b/c of those gums and a bit to hiper!!!!

DebbieJ said:
I'm bummed Paul is gone too, but he really blew it last week. It was a great episode--you'll love it!

I kinda like JAG--I think he would do well. But he needs to slow it down and get a little bit more grounded emotionally.

I really like Amy and I think she's the winner at this point. She bounced back beautifully. She has the food chops and the ease in front of the camera.

Rory could do okay, but she's a bit, um, weird. And those teeth. Ugh.
OMG!!! I agree with your ENTIRE POST!!!! Ooooohhhh I'm looking forward to meeting you!!!
I don't mind JAG, only because I've known a few like him, plus I think most of his crap is a front and I think he actually has a lot of heart, you just got to get past the "front". For those that don't like JAG, go to Foodnetwork.com and then check out the show and watch the clip where Paul goes home, I really grew to like JAG and how much emotion he revealed to Paul, he really grew to love Paul like a brother and his saving grace to the final 3 was bittersweet because of it! I could not stand Paul at first!!! Thought he was an arrogant a** but really grew to like him in the last few weeks and was sad to see him go!
My daughter loves Rory, but the rest of my family feels the way you do! I hated her commentary with alton brown, I wanted to smack her! Probably because I love Alton Brown, he's weird too but dang he's smart and funny!
And Amy!!! I am so glad she pulled herself together!!!! Because I labeled her the winner from week 1!!! I personally think it's going to be Amy and JAG in the finals, we'll see! I think the group really likes JAG and I think they are going to push him through and if they get rid of Amy.... I'll feel like I did when they got rid of Melinda Doolittle on American Idol, which was utter disbelief and sadness! I'll still watch though because I LOVE FOOD NETWORK! Also, that show allows me to write off the cable bill!:D

Last edited:
Omg, I love this show! This is my first season watching. I can't wait to find out who wins!

They were on Rachel Ray today. I haven't watched it yet though.

Is there more than one of those chef competitions? I watched one last season that I was simply addicted to and never have figured out when it is on now. I think it was on the Food Network but I didn't think it was called Food Network Star. Can anyone inform and catch me up. I just know I am totally missing it.

The ones that I know about are
Next Food Network Star-Food Network
Hell's Kitchen -Fox
Top Chef- Bravo

DH hates NFNS but loves Top Chef. He keeps comparing the two shows when they're not really the same thing. NFNS is about finding the next STAR, Top Chef is about finding the next big up and coming chef.

They are both fun to watch. I haven't seen Hell's Kitchen.

If you like watching a train wreck, you will love Hell's Kitchen.

I love both Top Chef and NFNS. I record them both on my DVR. The three NFNS finalists were just on Rachael Ray's talkshow. They did pretty well! I guess we'll find out Sunday who wins, right?

We watch Top Chef and Next food network star.

Wesley & I want Jag to win, neither of us can stand Amy or Rory. I liked Paul but Wesley didn't. I wanted Salmon to win but since he is gone....Jag is my favorite out of the 3.

Can't decide who I want to win on Top Chef!

Salmon? Really??? He was AWFUL!!!!!

I think they sent alot of really good people home with some of those silly challenges. They should've worked the camera challenges more to the beginning of the competition. Now that there are so few left they did the camera challenge and the judges were like, "I don't know if we have a star in this group." Well, they should've figured that out wayyy before that point!

For me it is a toss up between Amy and Jag. I think Jag could surprise us with his on-air ability. However, they want this person to be ready to go. He will need some coaching. Amy is cute, but there is something about her that annoys me. Some thing niddling at me. She almost quit, but then her competitive side jumped in and she said, "no I changed my mind." Rory...she is a bit tough to look at. The judges have really liked her food, though.

They got rid of some of my favorites. I think the only reason Paul stayed so long was because that male judge had a crush on him. There were a couple of times where he was blatantly flirting with him.

Chef Kearns said:
They got rid of some of my favorites. I think the only reason Paul stayed so long was because that male judge had a crush on him. There were a couple of times where he was blatantly flirting with him.

That is the exact samething Wesley said!!! Yeah, I like Salmon his personality wasn't there but I liked some of his dishes.

I was sad to see Paul go, I think Amy will win. I have liked some of Rory's dishes a little better but Amy's presentation skills are much better.

Well I happen to live in the town where JAG lives - know him personally and dine at his restaurant often! I can totally agree with where you all are coming from with his forcefull personality and the "marine" in him as far as being a tough guy. I am surprised too that he has lasted this long and almost fell out of my chair on Sunday night when they let Paul go and JAG stayed. I just totally thought he was gone. YAY for him!!!

That being said, of course I am rooting for him, he is a local celebrity right now! He is so laid back at the restaurant here, nothing like on TV - he even comes out of the kitchen if they are not busy to greet the diners. Its a small restaurant and on weekend nights you have to make reservations. He does excellent catering for weddings. He does the best local seafood dishes you have ever put in your mouth!!!! And he has a good heart - like someone mentioned above in the thread, check out the video where he tell Paul goodbye - that's the guy we know!

The way he is on TV makes me wonder if the others are being presented in their true colors. I did not like Amy at first - the way she kept talking about France all the time - and they caught her on that. I think it will come down to her and JAG, with Amy possibly winning but you just never know. He has surprised us thus far. He's a nice guy - he just needs to calm down a little! BUT that can be a good thing too - at least he has personality on camera, something some of the others haven't mastered. He does the best local seafood dishes you have ever put in your mouth!!!!

Here is the link to his restaurant:
http://www.lieusecret.com/

Last edited:
I don't like Rory for some reason. I don't know if it is the way she talks or her "gummy" smile (like someone else mentioned) As much as I like Jag, I think Amy is the one who is going to pull through on this one.

Hi I'mCynthia Lee Borton and The CLB is here to show you........PLEASE. I hate that line I'M Adam Joshua Garcia and the JAG is here to show you!! ROFLMAO. Cynthia for one hates it when people talk about themselves in the 3rd party!! LOL Cynthia is hoping Amy wins. Cynthia just lost interest in her own post!! ROFLMAO!! :)

I love this show and i was bummed that paul was voted off..i thoght for sure Jag was off..this is gonna be interesting...i cannot decide who i want to win, i just love the show!

Amy all the way. :) I was rooting for her from the beginning. I can't stand JAG's attitude and Rory there is something about her. Now that is has been mentioned, that is where I knew her from... picking the citizen show thingy on CMT I think... haha...

Wasn't there a contestant last year who did the whole "Paris in your kitchen" approach?? I have to confess that I'm a little disapointed in the show this year. I think they did let some good people go too early. I liked Salmon too.....I wish he won the Bon Appetit cover instead of Rory and her ribs. (the larger than life gums kinda bug me too!!) But after watching them on Rachael Ray I do think that Amy is going to win.

Does anyone remember Hans from the first season? He lives in Jasper, GA about 15 min north of me. That is where his family business is. Anyway after the show he fought cancer and they have his food articles in a little magazine up here everyonce in awhile. I wanted him to win that year. :(

oh, well. i missed the rachel ray part of the last show! I snoozed through it!! :D Guess I will have to watch a re-run since Wesley already deleted it!

The Rachael Ray episode is tomorrow night.

I saw thought on a commercial last night! Thanks!! I thought I missed it!!!

Man, how I miss Food NetworkBack in the states, Food Network was pretty much the channel choice in the Family (husband, me and 4 yr old son) Now, living in germany, we don't get the Food Network, however we do get episodes from some of the popular shows like "Good Eats" or "Emeril Live" or "30 min meals"...so I'm going through withdrawls pretty much. So you know what my husband gets me for one of my anniversary gifts? Three sets of Food Network Series Shows (Paula Dean, Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay) I was soo excited, like a kid in a candy store. Now if only Iron Chef America was on DVD I'd be happy. But Food Network Star has always been one of my favorite shows.

My two cents...

I like JAG, but I don't think he can win, because he's too much like last year's winner (Guy). Both are "large" guys with HUGH personalities. Guy was completely from the previous year's winners, which was a "couple". Those two totally tanked on their show. Guy, however, has become a bone fide star on the network, and has two shows going.

So, I predict JAG will be eliminated this week by the judges, to avoid having the public pick him as the winner.

Between Rory and Amy, I have to pick Amy, but I actually liked Paul best. I thought his "culinary point of view" was great. Basically, it was "party on on budget". All his dishes cost less than $20 to make, and would wow a crowd. I could see it gaining in popularity like "30 minute meals" has, just because it's a concept that everyone could use.

"Hello, my name is Nicole, and I'm addicted to Reality TV"...

Anyone want to discuss "The Academy", "Top Chef", "Pirate Master", "The Next Best Thing", or "American Inventor"? :)

Have a great day!!!

I agree about JAG being similar to Guy, who I just love by the way. I love his two shows and try to watch them when I can. His personality is awesome. I'd like to see a woman win, and I bet we will see that! I think Rory is pretty spunky and fun and I think once she becomes more and more comfortable, she'd be great. Sometimes she gets flustered. And she's got a BIG smile with huge teeth!!! Has anyone else noticed that?

I like Amy too and she did GREAT in that Iron Chef competition in her commentary to the camera. I guess I like her culinary point of view best....making things a little fancier without it being difficult. It's kinda what PC does with some of these newer recipes, especially the ones in "Cooking for Two or More." I get the same kind of feel with that.

Can't wait for the next show tonight!! Is this the 2nd to last one??

pamperedbecky said:
I agree about JAG being similar to Guy, who I just love by the way. I love his two shows and try to watch them when I can. His personality is awesome. I'd like to see a woman win, and I bet we will see that! I think Rory is pretty spunky and fun and I think once she becomes more and more comfortable, she'd be great. Sometimes she gets flustered. And she's got a BIG smile with huge teeth!!! Has anyone else noticed that?

I like Amy too and she did GREAT in that Iron Chef competition in her commentary to the camera. I guess I like her culinary point of view best....making things a little fancier without it being difficult. It's kinda what PC does with some of these newer recipes, especially the ones in "Cooking for Two or More." I get the same kind of feel with that.

Can't wait for the next show tonight!! Is this the 2nd to last one??

Becky~

I agree with your post! I think Amy will end up winning...I hate to be negative about a physical characteristic, but I don't think I could watch Rory cuz of her gums showing all of the time. Unfortunately, that has to be considered when you are in front of a camera! Jag seems like he would be VERY "difficult" to work with...but after reading that post from someone who knows him through going to his restaurant, maybe a lot of his personality is coming across as VERY rough...way more than he actually is. I can't even imagine the stress they are all going through right now- I would have a stroke!

I LOVE Guy as well- he and Chef Duff from Ace of Cakes are sooooooooo fun to watch! Guy was my favorite from last year.

KellyTheChef said:
Becky~

I hate to be negative about a physical characteristic, but I don't think I could watch Rory cuz of her gums showing all of the time. Unfortunately, that has to be considered when you are in front of a camera!

When I see Rory all I see is the gums!! I'm like they are so big!!! anyway I can't believe her commentary she did horrible!! i can't believe the way she talked to Alton Brown either!!! Wesley about died how she was to Alton (wesley loves Alton and has seen every episode at least 3 times!).

I can't stand JAG and am thinking that Amy is the one... I don't think that JAG would get it anyway because the last two winners (well, three) were men. They need a female winner. I guess we'll see tonight! :)

Wow -- anyone watching this right now???

I am!

Go Amy Go Amy!!!

So I am watching this now...is this final episode airing for the 1st time now or was it already announced?

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I didn't watch it all, but from what I saw, she deserved it.

Woo hoo!!!! It's Amy!!:D I do feel bad for Rory, though!:(

Yeah Amy!!

Amy winning is the definition of poetic justice! Way to go AMY!!!!

KellyTheChef said:
Becky~

I agree with your post! I think Amy will end up winning...I hate to be negative about a physical characteristic, but I don't think I could watch Rory cuz of her gums showing all of the time. Unfortunately, that has to be considered when you are in front of a camera! Jag seems like he would be VERY "difficult" to work with...but after reading that post from someone who knows him through going to his restaurant, maybe a lot of his personality is coming across as VERY rough...way more than he actually is. I can't even imagine the stress they are all going through right now- I would have a stroke!

I LOVE Guy as well- he and Chef Duff from Ace of Cakes are sooooooooo fun to watch! Guy was my favorite from last year.

Guy was my fav too! Plus I have a mad crush on Duff! Mary Alice just cracks me up! She's such a cutie!:cool:

LOVE AMY! I'm very happy for her and think she'll do an awesome job!!!!

I am SOOOO happy the way this turned out!!!

Did you see how Rory was pouting on stage and had her back turned to Amy and all the celebrating? That is just so......ugh....no class.

I can't wait to watch Amy's show!

BTW, where was her husband?!?!?

<h2>1. Who are the final three contestants on The Next Food Network Star?</h2><p>The final three contestants on The Next Food Network Star are JAG, Amy, and Rory.</p><h2>2. What is your personal pick for the winner and why?</h2><p>As an employee of Pampered Chef, I do not have a personal pick for the winner. However, I am excited to see who will ultimately win and continue to inspire and delight audiences with their culinary skills.</p><h2>3. Do you think JAG's experience as a chef gives him an advantage over the other contestants?</h2><p>It's difficult to say whether JAG's experience as a chef gives him an advantage over the other contestants. While his culinary skills may be more developed, the show also requires strong presentation and personality, which the other contestants may excel in.</p><h2>4. How has Amy's unique cooking style stood out during the competition?</h2><p>Amy's unique cooking style has definitely stood out during the competition. Her fusion of different cuisines and bold flavor combinations have impressed both the judges and viewers alike.</p><h2>5. What sets Rory apart from the other contestants in terms of his culinary abilities?</h2><p>Rory's ability to think outside the box and come up with creative and innovative dishes has set him apart from the other contestants in terms of culinary abilities. He has also shown great adaptability and has been able to excel in a variety of challenges throughout the competition.</p>

1. Who are the final three contestants on The Next Food Network Star?

The final three contestants on The Next Food Network Star are JAG, Amy, and Rory.

2. What is your personal pick for the winner and why?

As an employee of Pampered Chef, I do not have a personal pick for the winner. However, I am excited to see who will ultimately win and continue to inspire and delight audiences with their culinary skills.

3. Do you think JAG's experience as a chef gives him an advantage over the other contestants?

It's difficult to say whether JAG's experience as a chef gives him an advantage over the other contestants. While his culinary skills may be more developed, the show also requires strong presentation and personality, which the other contestants may excel in.

4. How has Amy's unique cooking style stood out during the competition?

Amy's unique cooking style has definitely stood out during the competition. Her fusion of different cuisines and bold flavor combinations have impressed both the judges and viewers alike.

5. What sets Rory apart from the other contestants in terms of his culinary abilities?

Rory's ability to think outside the box and come up with creative and innovative dishes has set him apart from the other contestants in terms of culinary abilities. He has also shown great adaptability and has been able to excel in a variety of challenges throughout the competition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • CookwithChristy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookwithChristy
Replies