• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What?! the Next Food Network Star *****Spoiler****

In summary, the judges voted off Amy, leaving Rory and JAG as the final two contestants. JAG shocked everyone by revealing his past lies, causing him to remove himself from the competition. The judges ultimately chose Rory to move on to the next round, but some viewers preferred Amy due to her relatable and gentle demeanor. Regardless, both contestants have their supporters and it will be a close call for who ultimately wins the competition.
CookwithChristy
If you love this show as much as I do and have not watch tonight's episode just yet-DO NOT READ BELOW!

First of all, I could not believe they had voted for Amy to go! I personally think she is more relatable out of the three. I do also like Rory, but I feel sometimes, she can come off a little strong.
But it wouldn't be television with out a tantalizing twist! I do give Jag a hand for stepping up and telling the truth in the long run about his past.
So now it's down to Amy and Rory! Can't wait!:p

I like Amy and really want her to win! I have to remember to vote tomorrow or Tuesday!!!!

That whole thing with Jag though... and his temper... I wonder if he acted that way because he was carrying the lie around with him. Just goes to show that it's never worth it to compromise your integrity for anything. He'll never get a show now... people will always wonder if they can trust him or not...

finley1991 said:
That whole thing with Jag though... and his temper... I wonder if he acted that way because he was carrying the lie around with him. Just goes to show that it's never worth it to compromise your integrity for anything. He'll never get a show now... people will always wonder if they can trust him or not...

DH and I were JUST saying this exact thing!!

OK--wait. My DH changed the channel RIGHT when Jag was about to say what was wrong. By the time he changed it back, Jag was getting into the elevator! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Why did he leave???

He lied about graduating from culinary school and being beloyed to afghanistan in the marines. He did the right thing and removed himself from the competition.

I'm glad -- didn't like him to begin with and liked Amy so much more. She has my vote!

WOW!!! I can't believe that! I just watched it from my DVR and that was NOT at all what I thought would happen, starting with Amy leaving. And the whole JAG thing. Don't you think they would have at least checked on the culinary school thing? Weird. Weren't there some posts on another thread about someone going to a restaurant of his? Or maybe that was on a different forum. NOT good for business, that's for sure. Oh, now I can't wait for next week!!! This will be good. I just voted for Amy. I'll do it again if I remember over the next two days. I hope she wins!!!:D

well....I am going to vote for Amy because I would watch her before Rory but I can't believe that Jag lied!! I am so disappointed that he lied about going to Afghanstan!! I can't believe anyone would lie about something like that. Granted he really was in the marines but still I have no respect for anyone who would lie about how they serve our country to make themselves look better. Sorry about the rant, just really upset about that lie!! Anywho I am off to vote!

I guess I'm odd girl out. I'm voting for Rory because I could throw a stone and hit Vega, TX from where I live (even though she isn't really from there, she moved there after Popularity Contest).

Then again, she's well loved around here so maybe I should encourage you all NOT to vote for her so she comes back here!!:D

The thing that bothers me about Amy is the "french" thing she keeps on and on about, other than that I like her but can't help but wonder if she wins how she will juggle her home life. She almost quit the competition because she missed her family.

I am not sure about Rory winning either.

This is tough. I need to make up my mind and vote today.

I was SHOCKED at the judge's decision to vote off Amy. I would watch her the most of anyone. Her gentle mannerisms remind me of Sara Moulton, who I LOVED to watch.

I am glad JAG came clean (did he have a choice?) and removed himself. His show would have been a train wreck.

Rory...just can't do it.

I'm bummed I didn't get to vote b/c I was at conference.

I voted for Amy, she's a San Diegan :) and a SAHM- I think someone mentioned. Plus she did well during the Iron man competition and made it through Rachel's show. She's well composed I think and would do well with experience.

I also voted for Amy-I think she comes off the most natural and personable. Sometimes I felt like Rory was trying too hard. I was disappointed when Amy got asked to leave-but so very happy when they brought her back!!! I can't wait to see who wins.

I was really impressed with Rory on Rachel Ray (Amy went weird), but I think Amy did the best on Iron Chef. Jag really irritated me and when he did the whole "apology" thing for lying about his schooling and deployment it ticked me off; it was all dramatic, like he had practiced it in front of a mirror time and again to make it look as sappy as it could be, and well, frankly, I didn't buy it. I had no sympathy for him. I'm sorry, I know we're all human, but that was just plain WRONG to say he was deployed to Afghanistan when he wasn't. I don't know if he was looking for people to be in awe of him or think he was some hero, but he sealed his career with the choice he made. No one will do a show with him when he did something so dumb involving military service during a war. I like Rory's backyard bistro idea (Amy keeps being wishy washy about her style/show idea) but Rory kind of grates on me a little.. I didn't vote for either. Curious to see who wins.

Okay, first off I used to love JAG. Now, I think he's a total tool! Why didn't he say something from the very beginning?! Especially the military part. I come from a military family and my brother was in Afghanistan and is scheduled to go to Iraq. JAG just wanted the sympathy vote! I originally wanted Michael Salmon (like the fish, lol) to win, then Paul. Now I'm rooting for Amy. I know it's totally wrong, but Rory just bugs me to no end. I never miss a show with Guy from last season. I cannot imagine watching 10 minutes let alone 30 of Rory. Amy has toned down her french connection so I could watch her. Just my totally biased opinion :)

pchefinski said:
I like Rory's backyard bistro idea (Amy keeps being wishy washy about her style/show idea) but Rory kind of grates on me a little.. I didn't vote for either. Curious to see who wins.

I beg to disagree. Amy pefected her Gourmet Next Door food philosophy early on while Rory keeps calling hers something different--real food for real people, blue collar cooking, backyard BBQ. She never says the same thing twice.

DebbieJ said:
I beg to disagree. Amy pefected her Gourmet Next Door food philosophy early on while Rory keeps calling hers something different--real food for real people, blue collar cooking, backyard BBQ. She never says the same thing twice.

ITA!!! It seemed to me that she kept trying to figure out what the judges wanted and become that instead of just being herself.

DebbieJ said:
I was SHOCKED at the judge's decision to vote off Amy. I would watch her the most of anyone. Her gentle mannerisms remind me of Sara Moulton, who I LOVED to watch.

I am glad JAG came clean (did he have a choice?) and removed himself. His show would have been a train wreck.

Rory...just can't do it.

I'm bummed I didn't get to vote b/c I was at conference.
yeah!! me too!!!!!:( :(

Coming from a military family myself, it does hit home for each and everyone who has served our country. And to lie about it is a slap in the face to those who have and are currently serving overseas.
Either way, even if Amy does win, I don't think it will be the last we see or hear from Rory. She has her talents, but Amy has more of the appeal.

What is "What?! the Next Food Network Star"?

"What?! the Next Food Network Star" is a popular reality cooking competition show that airs on the Food Network. It follows a group of aspiring chefs as they compete in various challenges to win the ultimate prize of having their own show on the network.

When does "What?! the Next Food Network Star" air?

The show typically airs during the summer months, with the exact premiere date varying from year to year. You can check the Food Network's schedule for the most up-to-date information.

Who are the judges on "What?! the Next Food Network Star"?

The judges on the show are typically well-known chefs and Food Network personalities. Past judges include Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, and Alton Brown.

How long does the competition on "What?! the Next Food Network Star" last?

The competition usually lasts for about 10-12 weeks, with one contestant being eliminated each week until a winner is crowned.

Can I audition to be on "What?! the Next Food Network Star"?

Yes, the show holds open auditions in various cities throughout the United States. You can check the Food Network's website for information on upcoming auditions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies