• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Make the Piña Colada Upside-Down Cake

In summary, to make the Piña Colada Upside-Down Cake, you will need a box of yellow cake mix, canned pineapple rings, maraschino cherries, butter, brown sugar, and coconut milk. Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned, but make sure to prepare it properly and adjust the cooking time. You can also substitute the coconut milk with regular dairy milk or almond milk, but consider adding coconut extract for added flavor. To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease it or line it with parchment paper. You can make this cake ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
Question for you-

Recipe calls for 1 whole pineapple-

Do you think I can get away with 1/2 of pineapple?

The other 1/2 I would do the pineapple salsa

nancy

recipe in 2/2 2008 SBest

If I remember correctly I used canned pineapple. I am sure you will be fine with using half. Good luck

Yes, you can use canned pineapple.

I've done it with a couple of times, with fresh pineapple one time, canned twice. It's much better with fresh (IMHO)

I think doing it with the Spicy Pineapple Sauce would be an interesting twist :thumbup:

The first time I made this cake I tried to use the whole pineapple and ended up taking a bunch of the pineapple out because the batter didn't cover it. After that I started using half a pineapple. Be sure to cut your pinapple thinly, it makes it much easier to cut after it cooks. This is one of my favorite cakes. I hope you enjoy it.

I LOVE this cake!

Half of a pineapple is fine - and I cut it into small chunks and arrange it in the pan. It's easier to cut and serve this way - especially if you are feeding a bunch of people.

1. How do I make the Piña Colada Upside-Down Cake?

To make the Piña Colada Upside-Down Cake, you will need a box of yellow cake mix, canned pineapple rings, maraschino cherries, butter, brown sugar, and coconut milk. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box and add the coconut milk instead of water. Arrange the pineapple rings and cherries on the bottom of the baking pan, then pour the cake batter on top. Bake according to the instructions on the box. Once done, let it cool for a few minutes before flipping it over onto a serving plate. Slice and enjoy!

2. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned. However, make sure to cut the pineapple into rings and remove the core before arranging them on the bottom of the pan. You may also need to adjust the cooking time, as fresh pineapple may release more liquid during baking.

3. Can I substitute the coconut milk with another type of milk?

Yes, you can use a different type of milk such as regular dairy milk or almond milk. However, keep in mind that the coconut milk adds a distinct flavor to the cake. If using a different type of milk, you may want to add a teaspoon of coconut extract for added flavor.

4. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to butter or grease the pan before adding the pineapple and cherries. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before flipping it over onto a serving plate.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. Once the cake is cooled, cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, let it come to room temperature or warm it in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • ajnewchef