• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Switch Email Addresses?

Thanks Noora. I'll make sure to let my team know for the future. I don't want to change it again. I think that might make my customers cranky.Definitely communicate the changeover at least 2, maybe even 3 ways...-postcards-phone calls-email-newsletter
kristina16marie
Gold Member
I have been having trouble with my newsletters getting sent to junk mail even when the person has added my email address as a contact. MY OWN newsletter gets sent into MY OWN junk mailbox!!! Grrrrrr, anyways - I think it's because my email address has a period in it (like a lot of the spam I get does) so I created a new email address and want to switch over.

Has anyone had any experience switching email addresses? Should I mention it in my newsletter, send an email from the new address, from the old address? I'm just not sure where to start.

How many people are you trying to send to at once? If it's 100+ you may need to break them down into smaller groups & send out more than 1 e-mail.

i'm using icontact!

I'm curious to hear about this too! I hate my internet provider but have been using them for my business email for 5 years now, I really want to switch but am worried about having to change my email address...

i just created a "test" - i made a new email address w/gmail and sent out my newsletter just to myself and it went in my inbox, not the junkmail! so i'm definitely switching from kb.bailey [at] yahoo to pamperedkristina [at] gmail.

should i just start to phase it out slowly and use up the labels i already have?

I would start using the new email on your stuff as soon as possible. Keep both email addresses for a while. If you can, put an auto-responder on your Yahoo email that states you are switching email addresses, and for everyone to update their records. P.S. We're not supposed to use "pampered" in our email addresses per the PG:
Additional Trademark, Brand and Name Usage
Except as otherwise provided in these policies, it is
inappropriate to use The Pampered Chef® corporate name,
the tagline, any trademark used by the Company or any
derivation of such, for instance, “pamper,” “pampered,”
“chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc. as part of an e-mail
address, domain name, or any profile on a social network or
other social media.

NooraK said:
I would start using the new email on your stuff as soon as possible. Keep both email addresses for a while. If you can, put an auto-responder on your Yahoo email that states you are switching email addresses, and for everyone to update their records.

P.S. We're not supposed to use "pampered" in our email addresses per the PG:

Shoot! I already changed everything and notified my customers when I sent out my Black Friday flyer today!

kristina16marie said:
Shoot! I already changed everything and notified my customers when I sent out my Black Friday flyer today!

I've never heard of HO telling anyone to stop using their email address, but it's just in the PG that way.

NooraK said:
I've never heard of HO telling anyone to stop using their email address, but it's just in the PG that way.

Thanks Noora. I'll make sure to let my team know for the future. I don't want to change it again. I think that might make my customers cranky.

Definitely communicate the changeover at least 2, maybe even 3 ways...
-postcards
-phone calls
-email
-newsletter

1. Can I transfer my email contacts from my old address to my new one?

Yes, you can transfer your email contacts from your old address to your new one by exporting them from your old email account and importing them into your new one. Most email providers have a feature for exporting and importing contacts. Contact your email provider for specific instructions.

2. Will I still receive emails sent to my old address after I switch?

It depends on how you set up your email forwarding. If you set up email forwarding from your old address to your new one, you will continue to receive emails sent to your old address. If not, any emails sent to your old address will bounce back to the sender.

3. How do I let my contacts know about my new email address?

You can let your contacts know about your new email address by sending them an email from your new address, or by updating your email address in your email signature. You can also post about your new email address on social media or send a mass email to your contacts.

4. Will I have to update my email address for all my online accounts?

Yes, you will need to update your email address for all your online accounts. This includes social media accounts, online shopping accounts, and any other accounts associated with your old email address. It is important to update your email address to avoid missing important notifications or losing access to your accounts.

5. Can I have both my old and new email addresses active at the same time?

Yes, you can have both your old and new email addresses active at the same time. However, it is recommended to set up email forwarding from your old address to your new one and gradually phase out your old address to avoid confusion and missed emails.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LStevens0426
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • jcsmilez
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • cookingwithlove