• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Up a Domain Name for Email Address Portability

In summary, choosing a domain name for your Pampered Chef website should be easy and memorable, using your business name or relevant keywords. You can use your existing domain name, but will need to update the nameservers or transfer it to our recommended registrar. The setup process can take anywhere from a few minutes to 48 hours. Multiple domain names are possible, but each must be set up separately. While social media is important, having your own domain name for your Pampered Chef website is still necessary for a professional and customizable online presence.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
We are getting ready to move and I would like to change our ISP. I would like to have the option of moving from one ISP to another without losing my email address. I know I can contunue to pay Comcast $10/month just to keep my address and not use them as an ISP. However, I was thinking, it would be great to bite the bullet now and just come up with my own domain, like [email protected] (I know I cannot use this actual address). This way I can move to a different ISP in the future and not worry about the email address. How do I go about setting up my own domain?

go to any domain register site such as register.com or domain.com and see if what you want is available. Within your e-mail prgram you can forward mail to the new domain e-mail. You can also set up free e-mail via hotmail or yahoo etc

or gmail.com (which is Google)

use the email here and be @chefsucess.com

I agree with setting up an email with a free, online based service like Gmail, Yahoo etc, or creating a Chefsuccess email that forwards to wherever you want it to go. It's free, and you don't have to change it when you switch ISPs.

But if you do want a domain, I got mine from GoDaddy.com

I use Yahoo and then pay the yearly fee to keep from having their ads on my e-mails. ;)

1. How do I choose a domain name for my Pampered Chef website?

Choosing a domain name for your Pampered Chef website should be simple and easy to remember. It is recommended to use your business name or a variation of it. You can also incorporate keywords related to your products or services to make it more relevant.

2. Can I use my existing domain name for my Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can use your existing domain name for your Pampered Chef website. However, you will need to update the nameservers to point to our hosting platform. You can also transfer your domain to our recommended domain registrar for easier management.

3. How long does it take to set up a domain name for my Pampered Chef website?

The process of setting up a domain name for your Pampered Chef website can vary depending on the domain registrar and the availability of your desired domain name. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to 48 hours for the domain to be fully registered and propagated.

4. Can I have multiple domain names for my Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can have multiple domain names for your Pampered Chef website. This can be useful if you want to target different markets or have variations of your business name. However, you will need to set up each domain separately and point them to the same website.

5. Do I need a domain name for my Pampered Chef website if I already have a Facebook page or other social media accounts?

While having a strong social media presence is important, having your own domain name for your Pampered Chef website is still necessary. It gives your business a more professional and credible image, and allows for more customization and control over your online presence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • kristina16marie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Grey