• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simplifying Contact Info: Using a Website Address Instead of Email

In summary, this person is recommending that they use their website address instead of their email address when contacting customers. They feel that this will make it easier for customers to find and contact them, and that it will not change even if their email address does. They also recommend using a different email address for personal use and using a phone number instead of an email address for business purposes.
slhale
:confused: I have been thinking about using my website address instead of my email in my contact info. I got to thinking about the fact that my email is kinda long and I would like to simplify it just a bit. I know I personally hate having to "search" for the email in a bunch of other "stuff". I also thought that buy sending them to the website to contact me, that it will get them there and they might actually look at it. They would find the outlet and the can see the info that I personally put on there.
Just a thought... Please tell me what you think.

I use both! It lets them decide how they want to contact me!

My e-mail program allows us to have multiple mailboxes, so I was able to create a new e-mail account that I use for PC stuff. For contact info, I put my phone number, e-mail, and website because you never know how comfortable people are with things and what their preference is. I put a phone number down because some people don't even have internet or know how to use their e-mail.

Like Amanda, I set up a second email address just for PC. The important thing to remember about your contact information is to make it easy for your customers to use what they're most comfortable with. For some that will be your website. For others that will be email. For others it will be phone. For still others it will be texting. The easier they find it to contact you, the more likely it is that they will contact you.

slhale said:
:confused: I have been thinking about using my website address instead of my email in my contact info.
Just a thought... Please tell me what you think.

This is what I've been doing since I got my website (for years!). People will go to the website if they want to contact you via email.

The reason I decided to do this is that my website address will not change but my email address might. So, no matter how old the business card they should be able to track me down.

I too only use my phone number and PWS address. As you stated, it helps drive traffic to my website which then exposes them to my newslinks, host specials and recipes. I have gotten a couple of orders from that too. I usually tell my guests to bookmark me so that they can easily find me should they need any help for their kitchen, be it a recipe or quick gift.

My email address is too long and can easily be mistyped. Those who are tech savvy and prefer email are ok with the website link. Those who aren't comfortable with computers are happy with calling me.

1. What are the benefits of using a website address instead of email for contact information?

Using a website address allows for a more professional and streamlined way of sharing contact information. It also allows for easier access to a business's website and potential for increased traffic.

2. Is it necessary to have a separate website for my contact information?

No, it is not necessary to have a separate website solely for contact information. You can simply add a "contact" page on your existing website and include all necessary information there.

3. Can I still use my email for communication if I have a website address for contact?

Yes, you can still use your email for communication. However, having a website address as your main point of contact can help reduce clutter in your email inbox and make it easier for potential customers to reach you.

4. Are there any downsides to using a website address for contact information?

One potential downside is if your website goes down or experiences technical difficulties, it may make it difficult for customers to reach you. It's important to regularly monitor and maintain your website to avoid any issues.

5. How can I make sure my website address is easily accessible for customers?

One way to make sure your website address is easily accessible is to include it in your email signature, on your business cards, and on any marketing materials. You can also make it a clickable link on your social media profiles and directories where your business is listed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • WendyE
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • huskerlissa