• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Email Question - What Do I Do When I Want to Switch Email Carriers

In summary, if you are switching email providers, you should open a new account and also keep the old account open until you know everyone is using the new address.
LStevens0426
My email carrier is on the bottom of my favorite list right now...in fact they are not even on it. THey have messed my account up so much it is a wonder I even get emails anymore. Needless to say I have been thinking for some time of getting rid of them and going with some other carrier. The problem is, I just sent out over 150 mailings all with my business cards and letters that have my current address on it. I have a load of other contacts all having my current email address on it. What do I do if I end up switching? How do I let these folks that I sent the mailings to know that is has been switched when they don't know me without bombarding them?

Has anyone ever gone through this before? I certainly don't want to loose potential customers and they do have my pc.biz site address, but I have had this email for years and I don't want to rock the boat, but it is getting ridiculous the amount of issues we have had with them over the years.

HELP!!!:confused:

I haven't gone through it, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses from people who have. But, I think if I was going to do this myself, I would open the new account, but also keep the old account open until you know you've gotten everyone used to the new email address. There are a lot of free ones that you can use without having to switch carriers (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc.)

I'd switch to something like gmail that you can keep even if you end up switching internet providers. And gmail has lots of nice features: lots of storage space, POP for free (so you can use your regular email program, not just get the messages via the web), etc. You can also set up an auto-responder for a while to let anyone who emails you at the old address that it's changed.
(I'm going through a similar situation with my phone number. I ordered pens from Merrill a few months ago with my home number, and in July that number was transferred to my DH's cell. Luckily, it's still someone in the family, so he can just redirect customers to my cell.)

While this isn't going to help your situtation, that's why I don't include an email address on my information. I put my phone number and web address, two things that (hopefully) won't change.

chefjeanine said:
While this isn't going to help your situtation, that's why I don't include an email address on my information. I put my phone number and web address, two things that (hopefully) won't change.

Now...that's an idea I am definatley implementing for the future!

I recently changed biz and home emails. I switched to the Chefsuccess email for biz (love it) and to a live email for family. It is great because thru the windows live you can toggle between different accounts and only sign in once. I also just figured out how to connect it to my outlook. LOVE IT!!! I did keep my old Juno email and check it once a month or so because I had it for so long for business. I have also switched to no email info on catalogs etc. I am trying to drive people to my website instead.

1. What is the process for switching email carriers?

The process for switching email carriers can vary depending on the specific email carrier you are switching to and from. In general, you will need to create an account with the new email carrier, export your contacts and email messages from your current account, and then import them into your new account. You may also need to update your email settings and notify your contacts of your new email address.

2. How long does it take to switch email carriers?

The amount of time it takes to switch email carriers can also vary. Some email carriers have a quick and easy setup process, while others may require more time to transfer your data and settings. It is best to check with the specific email carrier you are switching to for an estimate of how long the process will take.

3. Will I lose my old emails and contacts when I switch email carriers?

In most cases, you will not lose your old emails and contacts when switching email carriers. As long as you properly export and import your data, it should all transfer over to your new account. However, it is always a good idea to backup your data before making any changes, just in case.

4. Do I need to notify my contacts when I switch email carriers?

It is recommended to notify your contacts when you switch email carriers. This will ensure that they have your updated email address and will be able to continue communicating with you. Some email carriers also have an option to automatically send a notification to your contacts when you switch accounts.

5. Can I switch back to my old email carrier if I am not satisfied with the new one?

Yes, you can switch back to your old email carrier if you are not satisfied with the new one. However, this process may require you to export your data from the new account and import it back into your old one. It is always a good idea to thoroughly research and compare different email carriers before making a switch to avoid having to switch back and forth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • jcsmilez
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • mspibb