• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Have Problems With Pink Scrubbie Falling Apart?

In summary, the pink scrubbie from The Pampered Chef fell apart after two uses. The glue that was used to attach the scrubber part to the handle melted, causing it to fall apart. Some people have had similar experiences with their scrubbies, and others have had problems with the glue coming off. HWC has been discontinued this year, and many people are disappointed because of this.
My pink scrubbie fell aprt last week. The scrubber part is glued to the handle and the glue melted of something and it fell apart. At my show on Friday night a past guest brought one with them and the same thing happened!

Mine hasn't fallen apart yet but I was really disappointed that the "The Pampered Chef" name on it rubbed off after using it TWICE. :(

GeorgiaPeach said:
Mine hasn't fallen apart yet but I was really disappointed that the "The Pampered Chef" name on it rubbed off after using it TWICE. :(

Same thing happened here.:(

mine fell apart too! I am going to send it back, we'll see!

GeorgiaPeach said:

Mine, too! I thought about an adjustment but then thought they might think I was a little silly.

Oh no, I hope this is not going to be a widespread problem. I had a customer contact me two weeks ago about her scrubbie falling apart, and mine fell apart a few days ago.

And yes, the PC logo rubbed off almost immediately.

Wow, I guess I'm glad I didn't sell any! I don't have time to deal w/customer calls right now!

GeorgiaPeach said:

Yep, that happened to me, too. I was pretty bummed.

It happened to my DH as he was doing the dishes!

The logo rubbed off right away on mine, as well, and yesterday the scrubbie part fell off. All I could think of was that the phone will be ringing soon!

I think we can all guess that it won't be coming back next year. That and the gloves can go if I had my way!

Funny you say that about the logo... I noticed my handy scraper had the logo smearing off, and I thought "you'd think that would be the thing they'd work hardest on to get permanent!"

I've used mine several times, and it's fine. I wonder if they just got a bad batch.

I had one come that way, in two parts! So far haven't heard any more falling apart.

pink scrubbieMy sister got one and hers fell apart, I called customers service and sent a new one to her. She used gorilla glue on it and so far it has held.

cewcooks said:
It happened to my DH as he was doing the dishes!
I really hope mine doesn't notice. He is still being very "both sides of the fence" about PC. One day he's fine and the next he thinks I'm gone too much, but finding something not up to quality would really throw him I think. I have a box of stuff for the solution center, I guess I can add this to it.

GeorgiaPeach said:

Yes, same here! I used bleach to clean it because I'm a germ-o-phobe, and the name literally just... "dissolved" off! I was like... WHAT THE HECK?! So I can't disinfect my scrubbie without the name disappearing!

Bummer!! TPC is almost entirely gone and I pray it doesn't fall apart. I'm so sad now reading this thread.:(

I haven't had any problems with mine but I haven't used it either, ha!

I didn't buy it---guess I am glad now! Overall I wasnt too thrilled with the HWC collection this year.....

I earned it and am using it and I bought an extra for a "spare"

Aww! I hope they aren't all gonna be like that! I have only used mine two times so far, and I was LOVING IT! It was my favorite HWC product this year. Guess they won't be bringing it back....

I have used mine for weeks now and the PC name is just beginning to wear off - its still together as well - I also bought a few extra spares because I figured it wasn't going to last forever - and well the cause is good!!

I brought mine to parties only and the logo wore off just by people handling it. Luckily, it did stay in tact and I am using it more in my home. I still have a May show open and was going to order one or two more.

I am going to suggest that HO have HWC items in the catalog all year long. I had one catalog and one cooking show last month and I am having a difficult time building it back up, but I am getting there. Everyone thought the items were "cute" but not enough to buy and/or host a party for.

One of my friends said her scrubbie fell apart also. I need to call HO for a replacement.

I used mine for the first time today and the TPC started to disapear right away as well!! Bummer as I was looking forward to having it, I hope it doesn't fall apart!!

Well, I did an online adjustment on mine, and they want me to return the scrubber before they send me a replacement. I guess I'll see how much shipping will be and decide if it's worth it. I do have a second one, and I have a feeling that it's very likely that it will come unglued, too.
I'm disappointed because I was a huge fan of these scrubbers and sold a lot of them.

mine is ok as of now, but I haven't used it too much. Hope it doesn't cuz I like it :) Sorry you are all having that proble, what a bummer :(

Mine came in two pieces also. I am not impressed with the Help Whip Cancer products this year....except my gloves...LOVE those but then I have to wear gloves to do dishes because I am allergic to just about every soap. Other gloves get my arms wet and these don't. I love them so much I got another pair for later.

That's a shame! I don't think I have used mine yet, but I thought it was so cute. I bought another one to give to my SIL for her birthday, I may just have to keep it and get her something else.

Okay so mine is loose and will probaly fall off soon. I bought 3 extras because they make the Best nail brush. Thats the only thing I use mine for. I havea habit of working in my garden without gloves and this scrubby get all the dirt out while still being gentle. Give it a try.

Jennifer McEachern

jrstephens said:
I haven't had any problems with mine but I haven't used it either, ha!
:D same here!

A customer of mine had hers fall apart too.

Mine fell apart as well.

mine fell apart i did an adjustment - mailed it in a few weeks ago, got it 2 days before my c/o kit came.I put mine in a padded envelope and it was around $2 to mail back to HO and I didn't do a confirmation because I send things back all the time and they' haven't gotten lost.

Last edited:
I thought it was just me. Mine is hanging on by a thread of glue.

AZ Pampered Chef - I suggest you go to USPS.com. I've found lately their prices are cheapest for mailing. If you use the flat rate mailer for priority mail it should only cost $4.80 and get there in 2-3 days....hope that helps.

Mine (knock on wood) has been fine and I only use it on my muffin stone. I use the easy kitchen brush for the rest of my stones.

I saw a customer today who used hers for the first time over the weekend and she said it fell apart. I am going to do an adjustment and see what happens.

Mine is fine and I use it almost daily. I have also run it through the dishwasher a few times. TPC logo is gone though.

Mine is now hanging by a thread of glue. The logo has been gone. Not real impressed by these. At 1st I was upset that I only had one. Not so much anymore.

Mine fell apart too but my husband threw it away before I could make the adjustment!!!

mine came apart did the adjustment sent it in got it back

2 weeks later it fell apart again :(

i just sent it back for the adjustment my cc shows it as received :cry:

i don't think they should sell these again next year

JMO

As I said earlier mine fell apart did an adjustment got a new one and that fell apart. I am still using the one that fell apart I decided it works just as good and I can get in the grooves a lot easier without the handle on it

1. Why did my pink scrubbie fall apart?

The pink scrubbie is made with a glue that can melt under high temperatures or when exposed to certain chemicals. This can cause the scrubber part to become detached from the handle.

2. Is this a common problem with pink scrubbies?

No, this is not a common issue with our pink scrubbies. We have not received many complaints about them falling apart.

3. Can I get a replacement for my pink scrubbie?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. Please contact our customer service team and they will be happy to assist you with a replacement.

4. How can I prevent my pink scrubbie from falling apart?

We recommend avoiding exposing the pink scrubbie to high temperatures or harsh chemicals. Also, be sure to properly dry the scrubbie after each use to prevent moisture from causing the glue to melt.

5. Can I use my warranty to get a replacement for my pink scrubbie?

Our warranty covers manufacturing defects, but not damage caused by user error or misuse. However, we still offer a satisfaction guarantee and will be happy to assist you with a replacement if your scrubbie falls apart.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • nikkijo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • PamperedchefDaly