• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Not Want to Do a Show?

err...walk, and I've been to places where I would never want to live. Just because someone's house looks run down or their neighborhood seems shady, doesn't mean they're a bad cook or a bad person. Check out their kitchen, and if it looks clean and well-maintained, chances are that they're a really good cook and a great person! The only thing you can do is make a judgement call as to whether or not you want to do the show. If the trailer park looks like it's in a really rough part of town, or the host has any other red flags, you may want to reconsider. However, if the trailer park looks okay and the host seems like a good
schel
I have a show this Wednesday. I have to say, I do not want to even do it. It is in a part of town in a trailer park (nothing against trailer parks and anyone who lives in a trailer, I used to live in one when I first started out, married) but the thing is, when I dropped off the host packet, there was old garbage all over the lot, screens were ripped and hanging off the windows on the outside of the trailer, and it was very very run down. I never got to see the inside of the trailer and am actually afraid to see the inside to tell the truth. I have even thought of canceling the show all together.

I recently did a show in July where I walked in the house and all you smelled was dog and cat urine. The host told me they had pluming problems and we could not use the water or the sinks where the drains were. I thankfully brought my own dish cloths and dish towels. The counter was so dirty, my yellow dish clothes were dark gray in color after cleaning up the counter where she wanted me to do the show. The whole thing was a disaster and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

So now that I have a potentially same thing coming up this week I am questioning what to do. Thing is, I am so hungry for shows now, I can't believe I actually agreed to do this one.

What would you do?

Schel

Well....
I would definitely be doing a recipe that requires NO baking at her house! Something like Peanutty Brownie Pizza, where all you have to do is top it off. (bring the brownie already baked!)

Or....you could make the food at home, tell her you've recently heard about Consultants doing this, and, with everyone "just soooo busy" these days, you think it'd be a better show "for HER", as well as respecting everyone's time.
(hey, whatever you gotta do, kwim?) She can then just pay you for the food that day. I usually ask them to provide the drinks, plates, napkins, and silverware, then charge $15 for the food. (or provide a receipt if you want the exact amount....I just never go over $15, since that's what PC is giving her back)

I also would be sure to bring gloves to wear, as well as have baby wipes or antibacterial wipes on hand for anything you need them for!!

Don't stress over it too much. My director has always told us...we can handle most any of these for a couple of hours!! :0)

I would also consider making her an offer....if she can produce $150 in sales at least 24 hours before showtime, you won't make her pay you for the food...it's a tax write-off for you, plus you can see just how "committed" she is to having a great show!

Good luck, and keep us posted!!

Paula

I did mlutiple shows in a disgusting house where I would never want o be in let alone eat or live in but she had decent shows and signed up to sell but had to quit or she would have lost her welfare.

If you had a scheduling conflict;) you could ask her if she would mind making it a catalog show...with credit as a cooking show. Offer her some amazing incentive gift if she reaches a certain dollar level (maybe something from her wish list) that way she won't slack off from trying to get sales.

That being said, you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I have been remodeling my house top to bottom, front to back for 4 years. The inside looks great, finally, but the outside leaves a lot to be desired. We are now in the process of making the outside match the inside but I'm sure there are people who think the worst about our house.

BTW...we probably bought that house that belonged to your previous host that smelled like dog and cat urine :O. I guess we fell into the "buy the worst house in the best neighborhood" category. Just didn't realize how bad it was until we started gutting it. Sorry for the temporary hijack.

You could also offer an outside show at a park.

Alot of the Trailer Parks around here have Community Rooms - you could talk to her about possibly doing the show at the Community Room?

WARNING ~ Sorry, long post!Make lemonade out of lemons! Remember, the appearance of someone, their house, the neighborhood is not a reflection on you. As we've been trained to know ~ nor should you judge someone/house/neighborhood. I've been to places I wouldn't dare go on my own, but my attitude and having FUN at the shows have made the difference. I treat every host/party the same. I have no idea their situation at hand. I coach each host the same, I expect the same from all of them too. Everyone deserves respect.

Mind you, I'm not perfect or a saint by any means. My attitude and judgement wasn't always like this until...

Similiar to your story, the host's house was a mess. Dirty laundry all over the house, carpet obviously hadn't been vacumned in months, kids had free range of coloring on the walls, kids didn't look like they bathed in a long time, half clothed, not groomed at all, food all of the counter/floor/table/etc. ~ it was so filthy, I really didn't want to put my crate down...yes, it was that bad...the list goes on! Then the thoughts in my head was going a mile a minute. How could she have people over to a mess like this? She was cooking food for everyone ~ would I eat something made in this house? I can't tell you or could you ever imagine...

But we did the show, she had 17 of her family/friends over...it was a $2K show...but that wasn't my concern at all. The first time in my PC career, sales weren't on my mind. SHE worried me. There was something about her (I just can't explain) that concerned me. I treated her the same as any of my other hosts...no different, with respect and kindness.

Got excited and told her how much she was getting for free/discounted. I talked her up to the hilt. After everyone left, I continued to tell her how great she did, yada, yada, yada. We closed out her show that day, I gave her a hug (like I always do), thanked her and told I would bring over her receipts the next day. We set a time for me to come the next day. Mind you, normally I would send receipts in the mail. She didn't live near me, it was about a 40 minute drive...but my gut feeling was I NEEDED to bring them to her the next day.

So I get there the next day at 10 AM. I get up to the door and I hear a LOT of yelling and screaming coming from inside. It was obviously a man and her. I decided to call 911. The authories came, long story short, they arrested her husband.

I stuck around, only because she asked me to. After everything cleared we went back into her house. She cleared a place for me to sit down, covering it with what looked liked a clean towel. I held her hand, she was shaking of course. I just held her hand. No words were exchanged. About 20 minutes passed. She said this to me...I will nevery forget these words...

"Ginny, thank you. You save my life. I'm sorry for the mess this house was in yesterday for my party. But I could not cancel this party on YOU. You always treated my with the upmost respect...more than ANYONE has in my entire life. I can't tell you how much this means to me. Thank you. I had my house in the best shape it's ever been about 2 hours before you arrived. My husband came home in a dunken stuper and went through this house like a mad man. Luckily, he left on his own about 10 minutes before you came. I worried the entire time of the party, he would come during the party. Thank goodness he didn't.

Two days ago, I got the papers to serve him with a divorce. I was just trying to think how I was going to it. I didn't have any family/friends who would serve him (wow, I thought ~ no one would serve him?) so I knew the only way would be have the sherriff dept do it.

Well, this morning, he arrived at the house about 10 minutes before you came. I KNEW you were coming and I tried to get him to leave. He started on a rampage again, accusing me of having an affair and trying to get rid of him before the "other" person came...that's why the house was so clean yesterday! Of course, it got into a heated argument. I blurted out that the sheriff dept would be serving him in the next few days. I know I should not have said this, but I did. He said that both he and I would not be alive for that day to come. He began beating me again. (The day of her party she wore long pants, turtleneck sweater, only her face was showing...it was 105 degrees that day). I just prayed and prayed you would arrive when you said you would, but I knew you would because you're always have in the past. When you said you would call, you did. If you said you would come by, you did. So I was counting on you to be on time. You were. Now. he's being served with papers while sitting in his jail cell.

I woke up today with 2 choices. Face him and die or take my own life. I chose to face him with your help, Ginny. Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving my life."

That day, changed my life forever. I learned so much from this experience. I was ashamed of myself, the thoughts I had, etc. I have learned so much from this wonderful lady...she and I have grown from that day ~ and so has our friendship...4 years later. She thanked me, I should have thanked her that day!

SORRY ~ this my not pertain to your situation, I just had to share it. I have had uncomfortable situations turn out to be WONDERFUL. Best wishes with you!

I recently had a lady change her mind about hosting a cooking show. She decided to do a catalog show instead. I was upset by this at first but when I went to drop off her packet, it smelled very bad (like garbage) and I was grateful she had decided to go this route. I was ask her how many people will be attending and tell her if it is not at least 5-7 that you would recommend a catalog show instead. I did a show friday where I could not wait to get out of there. Sale wise it was not good, but I did receive 2 bookings that look more promising.

I would go and do it. She booked a cooking show from you for some reason!! If you are not comfortable going alone, by all means take someone with you, but do the show.

Kitchen2u said:
Make lemonade out of lemons! Remember, the appearance of someone, their house, the neighborhood is not a reflection on you. As we've been trained to know ~ nor should you judge someone/house/neighborhood. I've been to places I wouldn't dare go on my own, but my attitude and having FUN at the shows have made the difference. I treat every host/party the same. I have no idea their situation at hand. I coach each host the same, I expect the same from all of them too. Everyone deserves respect.

Mind you, I'm not perfect or a saint by any means. My attitude and judgement wasn't always like this until...

Similiar to your story, the host's house was a mess. Dirty laundry all over the house, carpet obviously hadn't been vacumned in months, kids had free range of coloring on the walls, kids didn't look like they bathed in a long time, half clothed, not groomed at all, food all of the counter/floor/table/etc. ~ it was so filthy, I really didn't want to put my crate down...yes, it was that bad...the list goes on! Then the thoughts in my head was going a mile a minute. How could she have people over to a mess like this? She was cooking food for everyone ~ would I eat something made in this house? I can't tell you or could you ever imagine...

But we did the show, she had 17 of her family/friends over...it was a $2K show...but that wasn't my concern at all. The first time in my PC career, sales weren't on my mind. SHE worried me. There was something about her (I just can't explain) that concerned me. I treated her the same as any of my other hosts...no different, with respect and kindness.

Got excited and told her how much she was getting for free/discounted. I talked her up to the hilt. After everyone left, I continued to tell her how great she did, yada, yada, yada. We closed out her show that day, I gave her a hug (like I always do), thanked her and told I would bring over her receipts the next day. We set a time for me to come the next day. Mind you, normally I would send receipts in the mail. She didn't live near me, it was about a 40 minute drive...but my gut feeling was I NEEDED to bring them to her the next day.

So I get there the next day at 10 AM. I get up to the door and I hear a LOT of yelling and screaming coming from inside. It was obviously a man and her. I decided to call 911. The authories came, long story short, they arrested her husband.

I stuck around, only because she asked me to. After everything cleared we went back into her house. She cleared a place for me to sit down, covering it with what looked liked a clean towel. I held her hand, she was shaking of course. I just held her hand. No words were exchanged. About 20 minutes passed. She said this to me...I will nevery forget these words...

"Ginny, thank you. You save my life. I'm sorry for the mess this house was in yesterday for my party. But I could not cancel this party on YOU. You always treated my with the upmost respect...more than ANYONE has in my entire life. I can't tell you how much this means to me. Thank you. I had my house in the best shape it's ever been about 2 hours before you arrived. My husband came home in a dunken stuper and went through this house like a mad man. Luckily, he left on his own about 10 minutes before you came. I worried the entire time of the party, he would come during the party. Thank goodness he didn't.

Two days ago, I got the papers to serve him with a divorce. I was just trying to think how I was going to it. I didn't have any family/friends who would serve him (wow, I thought ~ no one would serve him?) so I knew the only way would be have the sherriff dept do it.

Well, this morning, he arrived at the house about 10 minutes before you came. I KNEW you were coming and I tried to get him to leave. He started on a rampage again, accusing me of having an affair and trying to get rid of him before the "other" person came...that's why the house was so clean yesterday! Of course, it got into a heated argument. I blurted out that the sheriff dept would be serving him in the next few days. I know I should not have said this, but I did. He said that both he and I would not be alive for that day to come. He began beating me again. (The day of her party she wore long pants, turtleneck sweater, only her face was showing...it was 105 degrees that day). I just prayed and prayed you would arrive when you said you would, but I knew you would because you're always have in the past. When you said you would call, you did. If you said you would come by, you did. So I was counting on you to be on time. You were. Now. he's being served with papers while sitting in his jail cell.

I woke up today with 2 choices. Face him and die or take my own life. I chose to face him with your help, Ginny. Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving my life."

That day, changed my life forever. I learned so much from this experience. I was ashamed of myself, the thoughts I had, etc. I have learned so much from this wonderful lady...she and I have grown from that day ~ and so has our friendship...4 years later. She thanked me, I should have thanked her that day!

SORRY ~ this my not pertain to your situation, I just had to share it. I have had uncomfortable situations turn out to be WONDERFUL. Best wishes with you!

Ginny, thank you for sharing that story. It literally brought tears to my eyes. You seem like a great person and she really needed you.

Lisa

That is just amazing Ginny!!! What a ray of sunshine you must have been for her. Thank the Lord you were there.

Kitchen2u said:
Make lemonade out of lemons! Remember, the appearance of someone, their house, the neighborhood is not a reflection on you. As we've been trained to know ~ nor should you judge someone/house/neighborhood. I've been to places I wouldn't dare go on my own, but my attitude and having FUN at the shows have made the difference. I treat every host/party the same. I have no idea their situation at hand. I coach each host the same, I expect the same from all of them too. Everyone deserves respect.

I have also had a show at a couple places that were li ttle to be desired, but I did them. Good luck with your decision!!

Kitchen2u said:

Ginny, thank you for sharing, that truly was an inspiring story!

Ginny,
That is such a cool story and what an amazing experience you had. Thank you so much for sharing it. How incredible that that one day and that experience changed your life. Wow. I guess it does go to show, you may never know a person's situation. What a great example to try not to pre-judge.

Ginny, you are incredible. I'm so honored to know you!!!!

Schel,

I think you should do the show, and I encourage you to find a sense of excitement about doing it. Thank you Ginny, because your story said this so much better than I could. Schel, if you are a Christian, God sends you on little appointments. This could very well be one of them.

Just so you all know, I woke this morning before even seeing everyones suggestions and had already decided to do her show no matter what. I will be calling her tonight and will let all of you know what comes of that.
I will bring something like brownies and cream or something already ready to go. I will also just do the ingredients as a write off. This I all decided before I even read all your posts. I appreciate the honesty and all you had to say and am thankful I have such great online cluster mates as my friends also.

And Ginny,
What an awesome story. If I ever have to give the same kind of advice, I will definately share your story. You are truley someones guardian angel!

I will let you all know how things go this week!

I'm glad you decided to do the show
The biggest thing is not to insult her...... I think if you showed up at my door food prepared I'd be offended.

If she booked from a show where you did a demo she deserves and probably expects a demo. Maybe she booked so she can join this business to get herself out of the current situation.

As for the garbage in the yard is it possible a stray dog roamed the neighborhood and ripped the bags? I can guarantee you I've had it happened and I was mortified to come home from errands and it was everywhere.

Hope its a terrific show for you.

Wow...Ginny.

Your story is proof that God uses us in many different ways. He obviously used you to help her out in her time of need. You really made a difference there!

It continues to amaze me how God has used many of our PC businesses to touch lives...much deeper than just getting them free product or a business! He is so good!

wow Ginny, you actually bought tears to my eyes as well. It's amazing what one person can do for another.

Ginny, that is a truly amazing story. I pray that she did not have children who witnessed all that abuse. What a caring lady you are!

Ginny~ Wow! I'm sure you know how that story can inspire people.Schel~ I don't think having a prepared recipe automatically offends people. I would talk to her and see if she'd like that. I have a host next weekend where I'm doing a prepared recipe. She's living in a bigger place, but would just like that better this time. Last time, it was a demo. So don't assume, but just ask. Most hosts take our lead.

Ginny~All I can say is WOW! You brought tears to my eyes as I was reading your post. GOD truly wanted you there to help your host.

I also agree with the other's in regards to garbage in the yard. My dogs, get into our garbage ALL the time and it drives me insane. It make my yard look like a dump. However, I think DH is going to hotwire the garbage can area again, to keep them out. They don't like it when they get shocked and I don't like my yard to look like a dump!

Good luck and keep us posted on how your show goes. :)

KellyTheChef said:
Wow...Ginny.

Your story is proof that God uses us in many different ways. He obviously used you to help her out in her time of need. You really made a difference there!

It continues to amaze me how God has used many of our PC businesses to touch lives...much deeper than just getting them free product or a business! He is so good!
This is where I have directed my business! I have asked God to bless my business and to show me through my business how to reach others with his Word. Not just a financial blessing for my family but a waiy of reaching everyone with the Gospel!:thumbup: :)
I KNOW that I'm doing the right thing!

Crazy, but very true story!
I doubted a show one time (well, more than once, but one time really stands out!) When I was host coaching her over the phone, she answered the door and next thing I hear is her pleading for her life and not to hurt her!:eek: , she was a victim of armed robbery, right in her own home! :eek: I could hear them telling her to get on the ground and to not look at them and I could hear a bunch of commosion and her crying and pleading still..... I hurried up and put the phone to my hubby's ear and he could tell by the petrified look in my eyes, that I was not kidding with him! He told me "you know what you need to do," I grabbed my cell and called 911. And I listened on the phone, praying for her until the phone was disconnected. I waited and paced for about 10 minutes and then called her back and she was okay, shooken up but okay, and the cops were there and because I called for her, the cops caught the guys and went to trial and were convicted! I proceded to do her show 2 weeks later and it was a fun great time! It all worked out and I thank God for using me to help her!:) ;)

The day of the show her family called me her hero! I said "I was just doing my job as a consultant and then when I heard it, I had to help and I did, Everyone else would have and at least should have done the same thing!"

Last edited:
Well everyone, the day of her show is here and I have had every intention to go there and do the new Warm nutty chocolate brownies and she has not returned one of my calls. I still host coached her all along and started calling her last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 2 times on Monday, and 4 times on Tuesday and she has not returned one of my calls. I even left messages that I need to know if she is still planning on doing a show. The last time I spoke with her husband he said she would call me back by 8:30PM last night. No call. So what do I do.... bring my kit and ingredients with me in case she calls when I am at work today? Consider that she is not really vested in doing this at all? I am at a loss here. :confused:

my director says if someone is right down to the last minute, and not calling you back, leave a message and say..." Suzy, your show is tonight, I'll be there ____minutes early to set up. I look forward to seeing you then!" and leave a phone number for her to reach you...for you today, I guess that would be at work, if that's ok for her to call you there. And most likely she'll call you right back if she doesn't want to have the show.

I guess it's sorta like playing dumb, assuming the show is on, she won't want you showing up if she isn't planning on having the show.

Ginny...your story touched me to! I've had shows in less desirable places, but most of the time, the host is a jewel in the rough...and I cherish my experience there! Sometimes I've dreaded shows, and come away with very little sales, but 2 bookings, that turn out to be a long string of shows, one show (that was booked from a small show in a trailer) was a $900 show. I'm still having shows 2 years after that small show in the trailer...and have some potential recruits from these recent shows....

If you've never done it...sorta 'family tree' your shows...Take one host that got a couple bookings,...and see how many shows and bookings came from that ONE show...it's amazing !!

Best of luck Schel! If she doesn't call you back at work today, I'd call again after work on your way to go there.

I am answering this without reading the whole post. I saw the title and thought to myself ohhh yeah.... been there!

My 3rd show. It was an hr away... host was flakey... had 2-3 people comming. It turned into my 1st 1000.00 show. one lady bought a ton of cookware!

etteluap70PC said:
I am answering this without reading the whole post. I saw the title and thought to myself ohhh yeah.... been there!

My 3rd show. It was an hr away... host was flakey... had 2-3 people comming. It turned into my 1st 1000.00 show. one lady bought a ton of cookware!
Ohhh!!
Give her a call!!! and book her for September!!!

Can't get a hold of her. I am washing my hands of the headache right now. Going to go home after work and move on.

schel,
This happened to me a couple of months ago and I washed my hands of the host too! She has still NEVER called me back after many attempts to reach her, at least to get my host pack back! So I'm done.... finished:grumpy: !
A lot of people say just show up, but that's not my style and I will not show up with my kit and food bought, standing there at her door looking like an idiot! JMHO! And that is what I'd feel like! I'd rather be home with my family!
So, I support your decision and if you are truely done, just move on. I haven't thought of the host I mentioned until I read your post and it felt good and still does feel good to just get the grief out of my life!:yuck: I love my PC business and have phenominal host relationships and I will not let people who do not respect me enough to call me back and go through with their shows, ruin my thoughts and attitude about my business and that's what will happen if you focus on this one bad apple! :grumpy: !

Last edited:
I'm getting nervous about my show this weekend. We already had to reschedule from last month (I knew about that a couple of weeks before the show). I never got a guest list, but she kept saying she'd send it. That was two weeks ago! I haven't heard from her since then--I keep calling every other day to discuss recipes & have to leave a message every time. I've also sent two emails about recipes. Nothing. It's an hour away & I'm wondering if I should call tomorrow with a message that since I haven't heard from her to discuss her show at all & never received her guest list that I am assuming she's not having her show. I really don't want to drive 2 hours (there & back) for nothing! I just don't understand why she hasn't even replied to an email! This is only the second time in my PC career that this has happened. The other time I left a message that I assumed the show was off & never heard from her again. But this person is someone I'll see often b/c all her family members have had shows & they've already talked about starting over again in the fall/winter.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I'm getting nervous about my show this weekend. We already had to reschedule from last month (I knew about that a couple of weeks before the show). I never got a guest list, but she kept saying she'd send it. That was two weeks ago! I haven't heard from her since then--I keep calling every other day to discuss recipes & have to leave a message every time. I've also sent two emails about recipes. Nothing. It's an hour away & I'm wondering if I should call tomorrow with a message that since I haven't heard from her to discuss her show at all & never received her guest list that I am assuming she's not having her show. I really don't want to drive 2 hours (there & back) for nothing! I just don't understand why she hasn't even replied to an email! This is only the second time in my PC career that this has happened. The other time I left a message that I assumed the show was off & never heard from her again. But this person is someone I'll see often b/c all her family members have had shows & they've already talked about starting over again in the fall/winter.

I would do as I did.... I finally called for the last time stating...
"I am calling to touch base with you about your show. If I do not hear back from you by 9:00AM, (on such n such a date) I will assume we will not be doing a show."
I am now done with her. I will wash my hands of it and move on. I also will spend a quality dinner with my family tonight around my own table!
So, like Julie Wietz has said in the past... Look at it as a "gift from GOD"
he has provided me with time to spend with my family.
I don't know why people have to be so wishy washy!
Good luck.

Well, I finally heard back from the host. She postponed the show, but I'm actually glad. We never sent out invites & I could use a Saturday with my family. I'm just glad to know today rather than Saturday morning!

Glad for you. I hate those flakey hosts!

ChefNic said:
Ginny...your story touched me to! I've had shows in less desirable places, but most of the time, the host is a jewel in the rough...and I cherish my experience there! Sometimes I've dreaded shows, and come away with very little sales, but 2 bookings, that turn out to be a long string of shows, one show (that was booked from a small show in a trailer) was a $900 show. I'm still having shows 2 years after that small show in the trailer...and have some potential recruits from these recent shows....

If you've never done it...sorta 'family tree' your shows...Take one host that got a couple bookings,...and see how many shows and bookings came from that ONE show...it's amazing !!

Nicole ~ your post so perfectly stated...that's where I wanted to finish my post...but forgot ~ trying to type through my tears I shed every time I tell it.

pamperedbecky said:
Ginny,
That is such a cool story and what an amazing experience you had. Thank you so much for sharing it. How incredible that that one day and that experience changed your life. Wow. I guess it does go to show, you may never know a person's situation. What a great example to try not to pre-judge.

Thanks everyone, but I didn't post it to get all the kudos...just wanted to realize what can happen if we judge. Like Becky said, "you may never know a person's situation." So remember this situation when you "judge" the next time.

KellyTheChef said:
Wow...Ginny.

Kelly ~ you are definitely correct, "God used us in many different ways." But I looked at this situation that I was also the fortunate one. Don't get me wrong, she was fortunate God put me there for her. But I got a gift at the same time...a message well taken to my heart too!

amy07 said:
I pray that she did not have children who witnessed all that abuse. What a caring lady you are!

Amy ~ another blessing, the kids were not home at THIS time. But I can't answer for the other abusive times. I hope not. Funny, I didn't look at this as a "caring" lady...I was put there for a reason, right?

My wish/outcome out of this. I hope all of you will remember this situation. Remember it when we "think" of prejudging. Remember who we are and why we are doing PC.

. . . And definitely don't forget: Kindness and compassion ~ treat others as you would like to treat you ~ that's all I was doing.

PS ~ Schel ~ sorry for the hijack! LOL

So guess what I thought I'd be a pain in the *#@ Pampered Chef Lady and call and see if I even got an answer from that lady and her husband answered and actually gave the phone to her and she said; "I don't think I will be doing a show, I have no one coming. Could I do a book show?"
I told her yes and was very polite and told her if she got her sales to $300.00 I would submit as a cooking show. She said she thinks she can get her sales to this and she would call me next Wednesday. I politly said ok I will talk to you then. I will be totally surprised if she calls me. I guess nothing should surprise me anymore.

Hopefully, for you, she does get some orders...crossing my fingers for ya Schel!

Who needs soap operas? Sometimes I think we all live in one!

Good luck, Schel, and keep us posted on the "next episode"!! lol

Paula

Ginny,

Thanks for sharing your story. I will always remember it.

Kitchen2u said:
Hopefully, for you, she does get some orders...crossing my fingers for ya Schel!
Thanks Ginny and everyone else for the oppertunity to VENT!!! :yuck:

heatherkiss said:
Ginny,

Thanks for sharing your story. I will always remember it.
Quick small hijack here!!:D :balloon: Heatherkiss, I love your avatar! How fun! I'm assuming that's you and your (hubby?) sweetheart!:love: ?!
You two look great!:love: :thumbup:
Schel.... good luck! I hope it works out well, you never know, it could turn out to be a great catalog show!;)

Ginny! Amazing story, thank you for sharing, brought tears to my eyes!

You made me BOOHOO!

Kitchen2u said:

Ginny,
It is truly an inspirational story! Thanks for "re-living" it with all of us!!

Blessings,
Paula

Related to Anyone Ever Not Want to Do a Show?

1. What should I do if I don't want to do a show?

If you are feeling uncomfortable or hesitant about a show, it is important to communicate with your host and discuss your concerns. You can also reach out to your consultant or team leader for support and advice.

2. How can I handle a show in a less desirable location?

If you have a show in a location that makes you feel uncomfortable, it is important to focus on the positive aspects of the show, such as the potential sales and bookings. You can also bring your own cleaning supplies and materials to ensure a clean and safe work environment.

3. What if I encounter unpleasant smells or conditions at a show?

If you encounter unpleasant smells or conditions at a show, it is important to remain professional and use your own cleaning supplies if necessary. If the situation becomes too uncomfortable, you can politely excuse yourself and end the show early.

4. Should I cancel the show if I am afraid to see the inside of the host's home?

If you are afraid to see the inside of the host's home, you can reach out to your consultant or team leader for advice. They may be able to offer support or suggest alternative options for the show.

5. How can I handle difficult show situations?

The best way to handle difficult show situations is to communicate openly and honestly with your host and seek support from your consultant or team leader. Remember to focus on the positive aspects of the show and maintain a professional attitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Rhonda's Kitchenette
  • MrsNetNut404