• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have Items "Disappear" During a Show?

In summary, the host left her utility knife and square plate at a recent show, but everything else was accounted for.
What???
chefann said:
Ooh- when I used lap boards, I had a host tell me, "I'm taking this for my neighbor for her crossword puzzles. Since you just made it from a binder, I didn't think you'd mind." Excuse me? Since you know how I did it, you can buy a binder and make one for your neighbor (who wasn't placing an order, either!).

Wow that's amazing how cheap and insensitive some people can be. It can drive a person nuts if you think about it too much. :yuck:

I hate when people come to shows not to order anything but just to eat and then ask if I have any free prizes they can take!!! LOL
I always stress at my shows, if you placed an order or are going to place an order please drop your name in my bowl so you can enter a raffle. I have had too many people win that don't order anything and that's just a waste of money in my opinion. I'd rather give it to someone who orders something, even if it's small.

I have had some people come to my booth and try to take my SB's. I had to stop them and say "Sorry those are not FREE, but it's only $1 for over 40 recipes." I still have cheapskates put it back with a frown.

Debbie :D

I got sick of the people who came to eat and win a door prize, too, Debbie. That's why my door prize is usually free shipping. If they win and don't place an order, I'm not out anything. ;)

I have had some people come to my booth and try to take my SB's. I had to stop them and say "Sorry those are not FREE, but it's only $1 for over 40 recipes." I still have cheapskates put it back with a frown.

Unbelievable! I mean for pete's sake...you can't buy a recipe book for less money!

I spoke with my host today. Not only did my Sweet Caramel Sprinkle go missing, so did my utility knife with it's sharpening case. She and her husband looked everywhere. Somehow I think it was one of her friends who seemed drunk. It's a shame but this experience opened up my eyes WIDE as to what I have been taking and so grateful nothing has been stolen before.

I even did a booth at a small town's festival last year and left my display up (covered at the end of the night) for FOUR NIGHTS and THREE DAYS...

Outside, yet! But nothing was stolen! I can see that I thought this was the status quo, that people didn't steal from us but I now know that was pretty naive. You have people with sticky fingers from all walks of life, and often those you'd never think would do it.

So, my decision is that from now on, I will take very little to shows as far as a display goes. I'll ask the host ahead of time if there are any items she'd like to see up close. If they are pricier items (such as the Forged Cutlery), I'll bring my one knife (hehe...yes, I only have one!), show it to her and then slip it into my apron pocket.

I also have to admit I'm now wondering about going into a quiet part of the house to tally up orders. That seems to be when people feel most bold at taking something, when a consultant is away from her products and display.

Well. Still kicking around some thoughts as you can all see. I'm just really disappointed that people do this. It's one thing to forget our tools and have our hosts let us know. But it's quite another to have our stuff totally "disappear!" :mad:

Did anyone notice the products in cases or tied down at Leadership? That is because several items disappeared at National Conference from the product room! So yes, people from all walks of life have sticky fingers. Very unfortunate that PC consultants would steal from a company that is so incredibly generous to us!

As a side note, I tried the pen flags from The Booster for the first time this weekend. First time ever (3 years) that I didn't lose any of my pens!!

Last edited:
chefann said:
I got sick of the people who came to eat and win a door prize, too, Debbie. That's why my door prize is usually free shipping. If they win and don't place an order, I'm not out anything. ;)

Oooo...Ann, as always, you rock! Love that idea! I just might...ahem..."borrow" it! ;)

I had lost all of my Nylon Tools. They were all in one grouping toghether. To replace all of them is like $144. I didn't realize it right away, but I have a pretty good idea about which show it may have been. Of course the host had not seen them. It's hard because you want to be diplomatic and not lose a customer, but it's terrible that someone would do that.

pamperedtara said:
Did anyone notice the products in cases or tied down at Leadership? That is because several items disappeared at National Conference from the product room! So yes, people from all walks of life have sticky fingers. Very unfortunate that PC consultants would steal from a company that is so incredibly generous to us!

Not everything is tied down. I walked out with one of the new 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbooks. :blushing: I sat down in the Dream Room, looked down, and realized I still had it in my hands. I took it right back, of course. :eek:

chefann said:
I do this too - but I have noticed lately that when someone wins the free shipping, they end up with their friends order included on their order too.:grumpy:

As far as the pens, I have a bunch of the cheapest papermate pens, and I bought a ton thinking I would have a problem losing them, and have probably lost more in my house myself than have ever disappeared! :D

I also buy the papermates and come home rip the caps off and throw them away Women will not stick a pen in their purse without a cap.

Usually, the items tied down or in cases are sharp ones aren't they? I always assumed it was more a safety/insurance issue

I buy the cheap red ones at WalMart. 50 cents for 10. lol

I never thought about it but that's true. Most women won't put one in their purse and men won't put them in their pockets.

You know , it's hard to believe that there are so many people that steal and get away with it. What ever happened to the good old moral values? I have noticed since I moved out of riverside that a lot of this generation ( college kids ) have lack of respect for adults. I work in retail and I have seen smash and grabs.
When I was at a show I had a person steal my pan and I was just in the bathroom .This male was trying to put it into a cupboard when I walked out of the bathroom across from the kitchen and I asked for my pan back. He got his sister in the middle claiming that I was accusing him of stealing.. . It was a mess I picked up my items and packed up and left in the middle of the show I was so upset. I will not sell to them. I prayed over it and called the show a wash. I will keep selling pc and I will have my hubby with me from now on when I do a cook show.
l monninger

So far, so good since I reactivated. No 'lost' items.One of the benefits of catalog shows, only the catalogs are gone. Hopefully to become good advertising!Any thoughts on how to put your name or a mark on the bottom of the stones, so there is no confusion? Was thinking about the craft paint sold for painting on glassware (then fused in the home oven), or carpenters thick lead pencil?
Some of my tools have my name or initials engraved on the handle. Something I learned to do when selling another (Non-PC non kitcehn related) product was to I.D. all my samples. Usually with a sticky numbered label that reflected the catalog page where they appeared. Also I keep a packing list of what I'm bringing.

I use the flowers on my pens and have yet to have to replace any in over a year. I bought a whole bunch at Office Max when they were on sale for 15 cents a box but never opened any of the other boxes. I've had little girls at the parties want to take my pens and one lady at a booth I did that asked if she could have one. I did give her one!

He got his sister in the middle claiming that I was accusing him of stealing..

What did he claim? To be checking cupboard size to make sure it would fit? lol

For the most part, people do still have some morals and values but there are always exceptions. The ones who don't, feel that everything is owed to them and they can take what they want. It's a shame they weren't raised better or don't stand by the way they were raised. At my age, my mother would still smack me silly if I was to steal something. lol

I had my pocket thermometer disappear...and I KNOW which show it was... I specifically mentioned it, talked about not burning your Grilled meat since the black burned part is cancer causing ...that was on a Thursday. Friday night we grilled out...couldn't find it in the TTA...Saturday I had another show...NO WHERE in my bags...I finally had to order another one. FRUSTRATING! And I remember someone walking around with my Great Grilling Recipe Cards...(tucked uner her catalog, etc...) and I said something about it. Then later, a friend of mine (her husband was there) he asked if I inventory everything. I said, no I can't do that there's so much stuff.
I know it wouldn't be my friend's husband, but maybe someone heard me say that. GRRR>>> My TTA is FULL< and I don't take things out for shows, I feel like it's my right arm. If there's ever a lull in the show, I pick something out and pass it.
I"ve lost a Crinkle Cutter - took me too long to figure that one out, so I have NO CLUE what show it was at.

And I've definitely left stuff behind...but usually the host calls me and lets met know and I get it back.

I guess that's why we have Kit Enhancement...
And once you hit your 200th show, you can get the kit again for the kit price.

<h2>1. What should I do if items go missing during my Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>If items go missing during your show, the first thing you should do is stay calm. It's important to not let your emotions get the best of you. Then, try to retrace your steps and see if you can locate the missing items. You can also ask your host and guests if they have seen the items anywhere. If the items are still missing, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.</p><h2>2. How can I prevent items from going missing during my show?</h2><p>To prevent items from going missing during your show, make sure to keep a close eye on your items and keep them in a safe and secure location. It's also a good idea to keep an inventory list of all the items you bring to your show and make sure to check it off as you pack up to leave.</p><h2>3. What should I do if a host returns an opened item to me?</h2><p>If a host returns an opened item to you, you can politely explain to them that the item cannot be returned since it has been opened and used. You can also refer them to Pampered Chef's return policy for more information.</p><h2>4. What if I accidentally leave an item behind at my show?</h2><p>If you accidentally leave an item behind at your show, you can reach out to your host and ask them to hold onto the item for you until you can pick it up. You can also offer to cover the cost of shipping the item back to you. It's always a good idea to double check your items before leaving a show to make sure you have everything.</p><h2>5. Should I stop bringing pantry items to my shows?</h2><p>No, you do not need to stop bringing pantry items to your shows. While it can be frustrating if items go missing, it's important to remember that it's not a common occurrence. It's always a good idea to have extra items on hand in case something does go missing, but don't let one incident discourage you from showcasing your products to your guests.</p>

1. What should I do if items go missing during my Pampered Chef show?

If items go missing during your show, the first thing you should do is stay calm. It's important to not let your emotions get the best of you. Then, try to retrace your steps and see if you can locate the missing items. You can also ask your host and guests if they have seen the items anywhere. If the items are still missing, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

2. How can I prevent items from going missing during my show?

To prevent items from going missing during your show, make sure to keep a close eye on your items and keep them in a safe and secure location. It's also a good idea to keep an inventory list of all the items you bring to your show and make sure to check it off as you pack up to leave.

3. What should I do if a host returns an opened item to me?

If a host returns an opened item to you, you can politely explain to them that the item cannot be returned since it has been opened and used. You can also refer them to Pampered Chef's return policy for more information.

4. What if I accidentally leave an item behind at my show?

If you accidentally leave an item behind at your show, you can reach out to your host and ask them to hold onto the item for you until you can pick it up. You can also offer to cover the cost of shipping the item back to you. It's always a good idea to double check your items before leaving a show to make sure you have everything.

5. Should I stop bringing pantry items to my shows?

No, you do not need to stop bringing pantry items to your shows. While it can be frustrating if items go missing, it's important to remember that it's not a common occurrence. It's always a good idea to have extra items on hand in case something does go missing, but don't let one incident discourage you from showcasing your products to your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sarah Mitson
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Kate0831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies