• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Disappointed With Sample Kit Offers?

In summary, the customer is disappointed with the lack of availability of the grinder set "SET". They plan to host their own shows and save money by ordering the grinders, salt and pepper, and knife block separately. They think the groupings were well done, and they like the smaller size and affordability of the product samples this time.
valerielinley
Silver Member
I think I saw this another place, but I don't have much time to read/post threads :( I got the sample kit with the bamboo bowl (well eventually I'll get the bowl...) and the salt and grinder. I was extremely disappointed we couldn't buy the grinder "SET"! How does everyone else like their sample kits so far? I'm thinking of getting another one -

I'm hosting an Open House next weekend, and plan to get the grinders, salt and pepper that way. I will probably also get the knife block, but for my own use, not to take to shows. We'll see if there is anything else later.

NooraK said:
I'm hosting an Open House next weekend, and plan to get the grinders, salt and pepper that way. I will probably also get the knife block, but for my own use, not to take to shows. We'll see if there is anything else later.

That's what I am doing to - to get the grinders! I earned the grinder and both S&P...so I'll have doubles on the spices, and 3 grinders...and then, when I promote to director in October (that's my goal!) I will get the Directors Package, and get my 4th grinder....so I'll have a set for home and a set for shows!:thumbup::D

Don't want or need the knife block - So I'll probably use that as an incentive at some point.

I wish all the Christmas stuff was in one Package. It would make more since to be able to get the SETS that's for sure. But I think they do that, so, we order more packages to get what we want. But I don't. I have decided to get my stuff by hosting my own shows and saving my money on packages when I only use a few things out of the package.

I mainly just want the Santoku knife and the Christmas platter this time. Usually I want a lot of the stuff but not this time.

me too, Jennifer! But I agree, there's obviously more to it than what we want. So they ensure we buy every package, or choose pkg A :) I was the same way too, I didn't want a lot of stuff this time around. Just want my 2nd grinder LOL

I'm fine with the sample packages - the stuff I don't want, one of my recruits wants.

And it will be easy enough to get another grinder!

I don't think it's a conspiracy or an attempt to get you to buy all the packages...I think they are looking at it from a marketing POV - and trying to place things together that when ordered, will give you a good cross section of products for demo and show purposes. They really aren't thinking personal use, they are thinking what would be best for shows.

So - you only need one grinder to show at parties....and if you have either the Holiday platter or plates - it's enough to demo the quality....

It's not what's best for an individual consultant, it's about what's best for business. (and I really don't think there's anything wrong with that...so please don't think that I'm complaining when I say that.)

That is probably true Becky. But personally, when I pay the products if I do not think I will use it I do not like to buy it b/c that just makes it a better investment for me when I can use it in my business and at home too. I am all for more for my money.:D

That's how I meant it too, Jennifer. I totally understand and agree with you Becky. I tend to demo as products are used (a salt AND pepper set together, for example). I would like SEVERAL Christmas dishes to showcase. JMHO

I am happy with the product samples. I only want a few things and I think they did the groupings well. I like how they did the open stock as well.

I liked that the packages were smaller and affordable this time. So I didn't have to order a bunch of stuff I wouldn't use or demo. Normally I end up having to buy everything to get the few pieces I want and then give the rest away as gifts...but they sit in my house till birthdays or Christmas rolls around. My personal wish is that every item could be ordered individually so you could just order what you want or need. I was very happy that we didn't have a lot of restyled stuff this time...and I was happy that there was only one stone. One of my friends and I split the packages between us. It worked out really well. I think I only have one thing left that I don't want and I am taking it to my cluster meeting this week.

I don't know how they decide on the groupings, but I am sure they have some kind of system based on market analysis.

I am going to say that I love the "holiday" stuff. I still call them Christmas plates...but thats another thread, lol. I wasn't sure I would like them. I ordered them thinking I would keep one plate for demo purposes and either sell or gift the others individually. I really need 5 because my family is 5 people. But, after looking at them I really love them and will keep the whole set.

I got my samples today and the holiday plates are on back order. I am so bummed, I hope I have them by my fall kick off party. I am not impressed with the packages, but I understand why they have to package them together the way they do.
I can wait to make all those yummy holiday treats though :)

Honestly ... I wish I could change up the sample packages too!

I want the grinder, but not the sea salt since I have it ... and not the bowl, since I have it ... I just want to be able to put fresh ground pepper into my recipes at shows and not just the salt!

I'd like the cheese grater ... but I'd rather have the latin cookbook than the desert one ... not thrilled with the beaded spreader ... and I already have the mocha sprinkle.

I like the medium stone with handles ... but have no use for the dripless pourer or drink charms or beaded fork... and why have peppercorns if you can't get a grinder to put them in?

I can understand offering a diverse line of stuff to have at our shows ... I just wish we could get more things ala carte.

I hosted my own show and am getting my 5 inch Santoku ... and don't need a knife block. But honestly ... I have better things to spend money on right now.

I agree with those who think there should be more individual things offered. I want another grinder and the peppercorn medley, but the only way to do that is to either buy the B package (which I already got) and the D package or else buy the A package. Although there are a few things in there I could do without (drink charms, beaded spreader to name a couple), I LOVE the dots stuff and want the cookbooks, grater and new med round stone....in addition to another grinder and peppercorn. So I will probably break down and come up with the money for it all and give what I don't like away as door prizes or something. I think I am still saving a ton of money getting it that way.

I like the beaded serving set and spreader, but can't see myself using them (our house is very small, so we don't entertain much). However, I'm planning to show them as a set at the PYB's I have set up with real estate offices, as ideas for client gifts.

I'm putting together a basket for an auction to support Birthmothers Ministries (Birthmothers - building hope through adoption - DC MD VA unplanned pregnancy or crisis pregnancies - alternatives to abortion), and bought the Dots stems just for that. The basket will consist of the stemware, drink charms (which are also on back order, but should come in time), the dripless pourer, and two bottles of wine (one red and one white). I think this will make a nice basket on which to bid. (In fact, now that I think about it, I might have to get more of these to put together as a gift idea for the Realtors, too!!).

First, I think Becky is right. The products are put into packages the way they are to give us a variety of products to show.

Second, if there are a few items that you want but don't what everything in the package do the math. If the package price is still a great price for the items you do want then it's worth your money. If not, don't buy it.

Host your own September show and get the items with your host benefits. If you want a second grinder get it with the host benefits. Personally, I would get the package with the grinder and bamboo bowl - if you don't want the extra salt give it away as a host gift - or just keep it in the cupboard for when you need more - it keeps. In fact I did. I earned 2 of those things and paid for the package so I would have a 3rd bowl and grinder. I want another bowl so I have a set of 4 - they will be perfect for salads (DH can't wait to get them for that) and they look really great in the 3 tiered stand.

I love all the new products and love the packages!! If I had the money, I'd buy it all!!

Shawna...I see your mood is worried. I hope it is nothing serious. I said a prayer that God would help you in your situation.

And, I have to say that I love almost all the new products. The few I don't love someone else does so they are taking them off my hands. As for the beaded stuff, I love the quality, but don't really care for the beads. I don't entertain but I will be using them for family dinners. If PC will bring that quality out next season without the beads...just something for everyday use...I will purchase them. I wasn't crazy about the last serving spoons we had and I wasn't surprised when they were discontinued. I realize they put the beads on their for holiday entertaining. I hope they sell well enough that they will consider bringing them out without the beads. I really can't complain about the holiday stuff. As I looked through the catalog I thought they were a little "blah", but after I got them in my hands I absolutely love them. And, we have been asking for holiday stuff for years.

1. What is included in the sample kit offers from Pampered Chef?

Our sample kit offers typically include a variety of our most popular products, such as kitchen tools, cookware, and food items. The specific items may vary depending on availability and promotions.

2. Is there a cost to receive a sample kit from Pampered Chef?

There is a small fee for our sample kits, which covers the cost of the products included as well as shipping and handling. However, this fee is often significantly less than the retail value of the products.

3. Can I choose the specific products I want in my sample kit?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate specific product requests for our sample kits. However, we strive to include a variety of our most popular products to give our customers a taste of what Pampered Chef has to offer.

4. Are the products in the sample kit full-sized or mini versions?

The products in our sample kits are typically smaller versions of our full-sized products. This allows us to include a variety of items while keeping the cost of the sample kit low.

5. How can I purchase a sample kit from Pampered Chef?

You can purchase a sample kit through a Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting our website. Simply select the sample kit option and follow the steps to place your order. Keep in mind that sample kits are only available while supplies last.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
heat123
  • KateInTheKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies