• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Ideas for Baby Shower Food That Is Serve Cold?

In summary, Charlene is planning a shower for her daughter in July and is looking for ideas. Paula has some great suggestions, including using the bread dough from the bread tube and the Profiterole Puffs. Debbie has a great recipe for Strawberry Ameritto Pastries.
cbord
Menu so far:
Cake
chesse tray

I would like to use as much Pampered Chef products and recipes as possible. The shower is July 22 and is for my daughter. Her third child, youngest is seven. It should be about 30 women. We are having hawian colored flowers on cake and pink flamigmos decorations. She's having a girl, Samatha Rose, on Sept. 10. I was trying to keep food simple and all cold items.

I would appreciate any ideas? No seafood due to allergies.

Charlene

I would do the jerk chicken salad (with the noodles) cold in the trifle bowl, or the madarin chicken salad. Both are cold and a bit "heartier".

The Spring Rolls! Those will blend in nicely with your hawaiian theme.

Scrap dip and veggies: its room temp cream cheese, 1tsp dill seasoning, 1 clove of garlic and whatever veggies you want to chop up and mix in. I use carrot, red pepper, broccoli, and celery; whatever you have on hand. I use carrot sticks and celery to dip. I also have made French bread in the bread tube. Get the tube of French bread dough (Pillsbury) unroll and add any seasoning I love southwest. Bake for an hour. Slice and serve with dip. Yummy! Use SA to serve.

Berries 'N Cream Wonton cups, from the "It's Good For You" cookbook, is always a hit. They're really good!!

I also like the Profiterole Puffs, as you can make them well in advance and freeze them, too.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares is another favorite, for something served on the "cool" side.

Best wishes!
Paula

You could so something as simple as egg salad sandwiches either using the bread from the bread tube or the cut & seal. Dress this up by arranging them on a three tier stand.

the profiterole filling can be tinted pink

Teresa Lynn said:
the profiterole filling can be tinted pink
That would be fun. You could even to the chocolate profiteroles. It's making me want to go make some.

The berry, kiwi salad with white balsamic vinegarette from the new salad cookbook is beautiful and very tasty. Not has hardy as something with chicken, but then again if you wanted that, you could certainly add grilled chicken to it.

WrapsI love wraps!! They are cold and delicious and you can make all kinds of varieties!! So many ingredients can be mixed and matched to make delicious wraps that everyone will love.

A trifle is pretty and cool, and can be made ahead of time!!

Debbie :D

I LOVE Strawberry Ameritto Pastries. I have used them at showers before a few times.

I have also done the Chocolate Mousse Recipe pink. I used regular cool whip and white chocolate and added food coloring to make them pink. You could also use strawberry cool whip for pink. I did these at a baby shower for a girl baby.

Heh, I have a baby shower to do on the same day... for anywhere from 30-50 people. :eek: I'm actually doing it more as a "catering" thing for my friend... she wants me to make some "nice Pampered Chef appetizers like you always do." She's already requested the Phyllo-wrapped Asparagus... I just need a few more ideas. Thanks for all these, ladies! Keep 'em coming!

(Of course, she's paying me for my ingredients and time... and this will be good contacts for me at the shower too!)

Related to Any Ideas for Baby Shower Food That Is Serve Cold?

What are some ideas for cold baby shower food?

For cold baby shower food, some popular options include fruit platters, veggie trays with dip, finger sandwiches, chilled pasta salads, and mini quiches. These options can be easily prepared ahead of time and served at room temperature.

Can I make any of these dishes ahead of time?

Yes, many cold baby shower food options can be prepared ahead of time, making it easier for the host to enjoy the event. Some dishes, such as pasta salads or fruit platters, may even taste better if they have time to chill and marinate in the fridge before serving.

What are some vegetarian options for cold baby shower food?

Vegetarian options for cold baby shower food include hummus and pita platters, caprese skewers, vegetable spring rolls, and spinach and feta pinwheels. These dishes are not only delicious, but also provide a variety of flavors and textures for vegetarian guests.

What are some sweet options for cold baby shower food?

For those with a sweet tooth, cold baby shower food options include mini fruit tarts, chocolate-covered strawberries, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and lemon bars. These desserts are refreshing and can add a touch of sweetness to the menu.

Are there any easy-to-prepare cold baby shower food options?

Yes, there are many easy-to-prepare cold baby shower food options that require minimal effort. Some ideas include antipasto skewers, deviled eggs, Greek salad skewers, and bruschetta. These dishes can be made in advance and are perfect for a busy host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara
  • muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • wycohibito
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies