• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Appetizer Ideas for a Baby Shower Demo | BRU Super Baby Fest"

In summary, a consultant discusses her upcoming demo at a BRU "super baby shower" event where she will be demonstrating an easy appetizer or finger food for baby showers. She also mentions the idea of a "fill the freezer" show where guests can assemble meals for a new mom's freezer. She decides on making Profiterole Puffs and plans to sell the Mini Muffin Pan as a versatile tool for making appetizers and desserts. The consultant also shares her success at a previous BRU event and discusses her table setup for a baby fair at a local hospital.
DebbieJ
Oh, I love my BRU contact! Their "super baby shower" baby fest is on Saturday and she wants me to do a demo!!!!!!!

She asked for an easy appetizer/finger food that could be served at a baby shower. She wants me to have some available and do a short demo showing how to make it.

I'm also totally going to mention the "fill the freezer" show idea!!! BRILLIANT Gillian!!!!

So, any ideas for what I should do for my demo? I forgot to ask her how long I had. Oops.

Oh yeah, and I have a show Friday night and have to have samples ready to go Saturday morning. YIKES!!!!!

Deb,
I am doing our BRU Saturday also, but I can not bring food. I am still up in the air about what to do, and it is tomorrow YIKES!!!!!!! I welcome all ideas!!!

Why don't you make up a sheet with a couple of recipes on appetizers you can make for baby showers. Then put your contact info at the bottom. All the Best has some good ones. Maybe bring the mini muffin pan & mini baker (dips) & a couple of SA to show how they can use them for the baby shower.

DebbieJ said:
Oh, I love my BRU contact! Their "super baby shower" baby fest is on Saturday and she wants me to do a demo!!!!!!!

She asked for an easy appetizer/finger food that could be served at a baby shower. She wants me to have some available and do a short demo showing how to make it.

I'm also totally going to mention the "fill the freezer" show idea!!! BRILLIANT Gillian!!!!

So, any ideas for what I should do for my demo? I forgot to ask her how long I had. Oops.

Oh yeah, and I have a show Friday night and have to have samples ready to go Saturday morning. YIKES!!!!!

What is fill the freezer?????????

It's a show where every guest kicks in some money and then you buy the ingredients and have everyone use our tools to assemble meals to put in the new mom's freezer.

It's a twist on Power Cooking.

Okay, I think I'm going to make it easy and do Profiterole Puffs.

I can make up a whole bunch in advance tonight and then do any easy adn quick demo on the filling.

I can sell the Mini Muffin Pan as being easy to make any type of appetizer or little dessert.

And the best part is I think I have enough of the ingredients on hand so I don't have to go to the store AFTER my show tonight!

Woo hoo!

What BRU are you doing your demo at Deb? I wonder if anyone has a contract with the one close to me....thought about calling, but want to make sure that I don't step on your toes..

Good luck Deb! We don't have a BRU in Alaska, but I would be ALL OVER this event if we did. Let us know your results!

I do the Naperville store on Rt 59 and I think mrssyvo has the Lombard store.

When I orginally called on this, the Orland Park store was taken also.

PamperedVal and I both share the Lombard store. Val had done the last few months due to my schedule, but I am doing the one today.

Good luck today ladies!

Woohoooooo!! What a day! I have never seen that store so busy!

I walked away with 32 drawing slips--I had a drawing for a set of last year's Sweetheart Towels. I also booked one show for February on the spot and have many yeses and maybes to call. I also have at least three folks interested in the biz and one of them is a guy!

I am so glad the show I had scheduled today cancelled last week because otherwise I wouldn't have been there today.

Congrats Deb!! I am glad it was worth your time!

GREAT DAY at BRU
I walked away with over 40 slips with 3 catty shows and about 10 yes'es and about another 10 mabey's... My store in Pasedena, Maryland was packed. Last month I only got about 8 slips but this month was GREAT!!!!!!!!I used the "Spin to Win" little guy and it drew customers to my table like mad.....I'm so HAPPY hope the rest of my month goes as well as today. Don't you just love it when you do something right and it comes back at you in waves......

What do you have/ offer at your table? I am trying to get in on a baby fair at my local hospital in April, and I thought I would have a leg up because they will see me cheffin' at 7 months preggo and know it can be done. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Flamingo said:
GREAT DAY at BRU
I walked away with over 40 slips with 3 catty shows and about 10 yes'es and about another 10 mabey's... My store in Pasedena, Maryland was packed. Last month I only got about 8 slips but this month was GREAT!!!!!!!!I used the "Spin to Win" little guy and it drew customers to my table like mad.....I'm so HAPPY hope the rest of my month goes as well as today. Don't you just love it when you do something right and it comes back at you in waves......
did you use the TTA to spin to win and what prizes did you have? To bad I did not get on the ball for BBU this month, sounds like today was a busy day for crowds! Hopefully next month I can participate!

DebbieJ said:
Woohoooooo!! What a day! I have never seen that store so busy!

I walked away with 32 drawing slips--I had a drawing for a set of last year's Sweetheart Towels. I also booked one show for February on the spot and have many yeses and maybes to call. I also have at least three folks interested in the biz and one of them is a guy!

I am so glad the show I had scheduled today cancelled last week because otherwise I wouldn't have been there today.

How in the world did you get that many drawing slips? That's great! I only got TWO people (yes two) to fill one out. One was another vendor who just wants a new catalog when they come out & the other was a possible recruit lead, but not for a few months. She didn't even have a phone # b/c her phone had been shut off. I did get a lot of people to take my biz card (had them on magnets). I was in a great location & did have a lot of people stop. But all I offer is a free cooking show. Should I have an actual drawing for something? Or just ask them to fill out a sheet with their info so I can update them with specials or to send them a catalog?

OK Picture looking at a table. On the right I have the 3 teirSA stand with sm square of each on it... in front of that i have my spin and win. in the middle of the table I have my cooling rack with cattys under that and what ever i am using to collect prize slips into on top of it to the left of that I use the stoneware rack (my husband made me a new one so i did'nt keep taking mine out of the closet )in the back of it I put lg round woven and in front of that i put the mini muffin pan and then the celebrate plate and then a sm oval stoneware. I also put out the RUFTH trivit and some specific tools to use with kids and for kids. see attached sheet with kid ideas. I always have receipe cards on the table and my business cards out somewhere on the table also. Does that help????

That does help! Can you explain more about the spin to win? What did you offer as a prize?

Yes, thanks. Do you put anything on the 3-tiered stand? What is the spin & win? Also, what do you say to them to get them to leave their info with you? I can get the people to stop & talk, but once I mention the info, they start to walk away & just take a biz card. Thanks for your ideas!!!

I didn't use the tta for the spin to win. I have a spin to win little guy that a bunch of Consultants made at a meeting in central Maryland My friend went to the meeting and she made me one. I think it was a great investment. Shaped like a little person and has a chefs hat the belly has a spinning part to it and you break the circle down into pie piesces and put different products in each "pie" slice I had the people fill out the prize slip and then spin if they checked yes or mabey to a show. We then wrote down the product they "won" and I told them wjhen there party closed they would get that product for free. I can order it with there discount and just put consultand gift for payment and still get to write it off on my taxes.

I offer a free drawing for a sm oval stoneware. As they are filling out the slip I ask them to answer the questions' if they just want to enter the "drawing I have them cross out all the questions. That way you are not calling people not interested. Most of the people wanted to spin today and if they put mabey or yes I will call them. I have found that if they know up front they will get the product for free (specifically from the spin and win)they will have a party.

Thanks for the info!!

Sounds fun! How did you get them to fill out the prize drawings? Do you use the PC ones, or ones you made yourself?

Flamingo said:
I offer a free drawing for a sm oval stoneware. As they are filling out the slip I ask them to answer the questions' if they just want to enter the "drawing I have them cross out all the questions. That way you are not calling people not interested. Most of the people wanted to spin today and if they put mabey or yes I will call them. I have found that if they know up front they will get the product for free (specifically from the spin and win)they will have a party.

That's a good idea. Perhaps I should stock up on small oval bakers next month!

Flamingo said:
................ Shaped like a little person and has a chefs hat the belly has a spinning part to it and you break the circle down into pie piesces and put different products in each "pie" slice .............
Do you think you could post a picture of this? Sounds great!

Does anyone know the themes for the next few months?

I think next month is safety in the kitchen and home
I will try to post a picture. Give me time to get the camera out and take it. be back in a few.

Deb, I did the BRU is Lombard, with wonderful results. 1 cooking show booking, 4 catalog shows, and 4 people interested in the business. This is the BEST results I have had so far, and these are QUALIFIED leads, because I was not doing a drawing, I just hads people fill out slips if wanting more info, etc. I am very excited. If 2 of these 3 sign and qualify, I will promote to director.

mrssyvo said:
Deb, I did the BRU is Lombard, with wonderful results. 1 cooking show booking, 4 catalog shows, and 4 people interested in the business. This is the BEST results I have had so far, and these are QUALIFIED leads, because I was not doing a drawing, I just hads people fill out slips if wanting more info, etc. I am very excited. If 2 of these 3 sign and qualify, I will promote to director.

What did your drawing slips look like? What did you say to them to get them to fill it out? I think I'm either going to this, or actually have a drawing & maybe do what was mentioned above with crossing out the questions if they just want the drawing.

Can't you just have them mark no? Why do they need to cross out the questions?

here is the little guy....

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Very cool!! Are these for sale anywhere?

Sorry it took so long to reply but I had to go pick my son up at a church function. I will look into finding out where these might be available closer to you all. Linda I might be able to find someone closer to you, but, Gillian I'm
not sure if I can find someone close to you way up there in Alaska. Is it light all day long this time of year or dark....??If you send me your address by email I will trace him and mabey you could find someone who does woodworking to make him for you...

Flamingo said:
Sorry it took so long to reply but I had to go pick my son up at a church function. I will look into finding out where these might be available closer to you all. Linda I might be able to find someone closer to you, but, Gillian I'm
not sure if I can find someone close to you way up there in Alaska. Is it light all day long this time of year or dark....??If you send me your address by email I will trace him and mabey you could find someone who does woodworking to make him for you...
My DH does woodworking and can make it for me (maybe for Gill too) - do you have the pattern?

Gillian,

The Babies R Us events have a theme each month, so I just tweak it to fit.

This month was "Super Baby Shower" so I prepared a small brochure with some great baby shower recipes in it. Really, it was just a few appetizers, nothing that screamed BABY SHOWER!!!

Next month is Baby Safety, so of course I'll focus on the My Safe Cutter, Food Chopper (my 3 yo loves to use it), blah blah blah...

I ALWAYS set up a display of the Starter Kit on one end of my table. I also have out the host special for whatever month I'm trying to book. The 3-tier stand always grabs peoples attention.

Good luck!!!

I will trace him tomorrow and get it in the mail on Tuesday. PM me with your address

The promotions coordinator at my store is awesome and during the seminar time of the Baby Fest, she has each vendor come up and talk for a couple minutes about what we offer. Today, she asked me to do a demo, so I did the filling for Profiterole Puffs and filled a couple of them, had them on the 3 Tier Stand and everyone got a sample. I also made sure to talk about bookings and the business and invited them to come talk to me further down at my table down the aisle.

This is the first time I have offered a product drawing there. It was BY FAR my best response. But then again, the whole store seemed to be busy the entire day.

I don't give out any info without having someone fill out a slip. I just use the ones we can buy from paperwork. If they ask for a catalog, I say "while I find one for you, why don't you jot down your info so I can provide you with the best customer service." If they are hesitant, I say "I promise to just call you once to see if you have any questions about our products." No one refused to fill one out.

Of course, there were people who just took my biz card or a recipe card, but those were few and far between.

mrssyvo said:

WOO HOOO for Sue!!!

Girl, we just might be walking that stage together in July. Please tell me we're in the same wave?!?!?!

Attached is the List I use for BRU I just tweak it monthly...I do have to giveit a good going over with the discontinued products next month...

Attachments

• Products for -BabyShower Bottle Border.doc
    99 KB · Views: 294
Hey Andrea,

I Love the little Pampered Chef guy and would love to have one. Maybe I can get my husband to make one if I have a pattern. Would you mind sending one to me? And how is the flapper made that points to the products and how is it put together. Any info would be great!:D

Thank you Andrea, I sent you my address!

Linda- If your DH makes you one can you let me know? I really want one and think my Dad might be able to help, but he is building a house and working full time, so he might not have time...

DebbieJ said:
The promotions coordinator at my store is awesome and during the seminar time of the Baby Fest, she has each vendor come up and talk for a couple minutes about what we offer. Today, she asked me to do a demo, so I did the filling for Profiterole Puffs and filled a couple of them, had them on the 3 Tier Stand and everyone got a sample. I also made sure to talk about bookings and the business and invited them to come talk to me further down at my table down the aisle.

This is the first time I have offered a product drawing there. It was BY FAR my best response. But then again, the whole store seemed to be busy the entire day.

I don't give out any info without having someone fill out a slip. I just use the ones we can buy from paperwork. If they ask for a catalog, I say "while I find one for you, why don't you jot down your info so I can provide you with the best customer service." If they are hesitant, I say "I promise to just call you once to see if you have any questions about our products." No one refused to fill one out.

Of course, there were people who just took my biz card or a recipe card, but those were few and far between.
Thanks for the info Debbie- I don't have a BRU, but we have a 4 hour baby fair at our local hospital that was so packed last year you could hardly move. I haven't called yet (it was in April last year) but there was no PC rep there and I promised myself last year that I would be there this year!

How do you guys get to do the shows? Who do you call and what not?

Flamingo said:

I would love to see where I could get one of those cuties as well! Thanks for any info!

Deb, I am in wave #3. The reason I did not do a drawing this month, was because whenever I do a drawing, people just fill out the slip, thinking to win something, and they were all dead leads. I wanted to see if I could qualify the leads, and get better results, and it worked. We had stickers to put on their sheet, and if they turned in a complete sheet, they received something from the store. I wanted to make sure I had people to contact that were really interested. I gave out tons of biz cards and show benefits flyers, recipe cards, etc- but the people who filled out slips wanted something that would further my biz/ I am wanting to be so busy right now recruiting and booking shows, that I wanted to spend my time on those who really wanted it, not just a chance to win something. A lot of people wanted catalogs, and if they would not fill out a slip, I gave them my biz card, and explained they could view the catalog on my web-site.

Thanks Andrea,
I have PM my address to you.

Just bumping this up!!! I'll do my best to get this out to all that have already asked and I will have to think of something for anyone else wanting info about the little guy....its getting to be a lot of postage on my part to mail the info for all....

mrssyvo said:
Deb, I am in wave #3. The reason I did not do a drawing this month, was because whenever I do a drawing, people just fill out the slip, thinking to win something, and they were all dead leads. I wanted to see if I could qualify the leads, and get better results, and it worked. We had stickers to put on their sheet, and if they turned in a complete sheet, they received something from the store. I wanted to make sure I had people to contact that were really interested. I gave out tons of biz cards and show benefits flyers, recipe cards, etc- but the people who filled out slips wanted something that would further my biz/ I am wanting to be so busy right now recruiting and booking shows, that I wanted to spend my time on those who really wanted it, not just a chance to win something. A lot of people wanted catalogs, and if they would not fill out a slip, I gave them my biz card, and explained they could view the catalog on my web-site.

Sue, that is awesome! I did listen to the CD "meeting the public" so I know what you mean about qualified leads. But the last few times I did BRU it was SLOW SLOW SLOW so I figured I would do a drawing to at least get a little traffic. Plus I'm trying to get rid of the extras in my office. :)

I do have a few no's and they will be the very last people I call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tonzafunn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monique64
  • KayPT