• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baby Shower Ideas - Help Please

In summary,Christy provided great ideas for non-PC baby showers. She suggested using the small batter bowl and prep bowls to make a baby belly and boobs, melting different candy bars in a diaper, and having guests estimate the mommy to be's belly size with toilet paper. Another idea was to have everyone bring a dinner that can be thrown in the freezer.
donnathepamperedchef
I am a very new cheffer, under 60days and have been asked to do a Baby Shower. Has anyone done this before? I'm just not sure how it's going to work :eek:

I haven't done one but I was going to just share something I made for a regular baby shower I hosted for a friend. I baked cakes in the small batter bowl and the 2 cup prep bowls. With them I made a baby belly and boobs :) 8O - with the boobs being the 2 prep bowl cakes and the belly being the small batter bowl cake. Then I decorated it with the Easy Accent Decorator.

We had a small group but if you had a larger group you could use the batter bowls instead of the batter bowl and the prep bowls.

for a demo, talk about the quick stif pitcher and formula. They can make all the formula they need for the day in the morning in the pitcher(which they can keep in the fridge up to 24 hours), give it a quick plunge every time they pour a new bottle. Talk about how they waste less formula this way, because you can pour a bit at a time, since once the baby drinks from the bottle, you have to pitch the leftovers. And it saves time

non pc games...
-melt different candy bars in a diaper in the microwave, make the guests guess what kind of candy bar it is(really funny)
-peel the labels off of baby food jars and place a number on top, have the guest guess their flavor without opening the jars
-everyone's favorite but the mommy to be- estimate the belly size of the mommy to be with toilet paper, have each guest test their piece around the belly (i know it would be easier to just count squares, but letting everyone test their piece gives them face and belly time with the mommy to be, cuz we all want to touch it, and this makes it less ackward)

My sister's baby shower is in june, but she won't let us do any stuff like this, we're bummed

Thanks Michelle, great ideas.

I was also thinking of using the small prep bowls as great ways to store baby food; the batter bowl for mixing of course; the food chopper for making baby food and the small micro cooker for heating. I don't have a lot of product yet but thought these few things might work out ok?:confused:

ChefParty4U said:
-melt different candy bars in a diaper in the microwave, make the guests guess what kind of candy bar it is (really funny)

Are you ladies OUT OF YOUR MINDS?

Thanks Christy, love the formula idea and the games, great ideas, thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

RMDave said:
Are you ladies OUT OF YOUR MINDS?

After having kids...we ARE missing a few brain-cells. :)

And I'd much rather smell THOSE diapers than the real thing! :yuck:

I raised three kids to adulthood. I know what diapers look and smell like. I just never thought they would become game-pieces in a non - Parker Brother's game.

Another idea....have everyone bring a dinner that can be thrown in the freezer. You can do a power cooking show so everyone gets to play with the products and add a few more meals for her freezer. That way when she comes home from the hospital, she already has at least a week's worth of meals.

There's some great ideas in the files for pc products that work with new moms. Type in the word baby. There are ideas for games, baby shower formats. Look at the file named Products for Parents from The Pampered Chef.

Have fun and good luck!

I just did a baby shower yesterday (non-PC) for my sister in law. We froze plastic babies (you can get them at a party supply store) in ice cube trays then everyone got a plastic cup with an ice cube and you had to figure out how to melt the ice cube without taking it out of the cup or touching it with your hands. If your baby comes out you yell "my water broke!".

As far as PC stuff - there's a flyer in the files about all the different products & the ways you can use them to help with baby stuff. I had started to redo it into a "congrats" flyer with tips on it and a 10% coupon on any of the products listed but I was having trouble fitting it so I scrapped it and haven't created a new one. I still want to put one together to send to customers when they have a baby.

was thinking of other pc stuff to do, you need to emphasize how the mommy to be need quick and easy cooking tools because she will be so busy and doesn't want to get into a fast food habit

ChefParty4U said:
for a demo, talk about the quick stif pitcher and formula. They can make all the formula they need for the day in the morning in the pitcher(which they can keep in the fridge up to 24 hours), give it a quick plunge every time they pour a new bottle. Talk about how they waste less formula this way, because you can pour a bit at a time, since once the baby drinks from the bottle, you have to pitch the leftovers. And it saves time

non pc games...
-melt different candy bars in a diaper in the microwave, make the guests guess what kind of candy bar it is(really funny)
-peel the labels off of baby food jars and place a number on top, have the guest guess their flavor without opening the jars
-everyone's favorite but the mommy to be- estimate the belly size of the mommy to be with toilet paper, have each guest test their piece around the belly (i know it would be easier to just count squares, but letting everyone test their piece gives them face and belly time with the mommy to be, cuz we all want to touch it, and this makes it less ackward)

My sister's baby shower is in june, but she won't let us do any stuff like this, we're bummed

We had a baby shower for my cousin..and her sister set this game up..one of our other cousins who is also pregant could not even go over to the game table because it grossed her out.

1. What are some fun and unique baby shower themes?

Some popular baby shower themes include "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Safari Adventure," "Oh, Baby!" and "Ready to Pop!" You could also consider a more personalized theme based on the parents' interests or hobbies.

2. How can I incorporate games into the baby shower?

There are many fun and interactive games you can play at a baby shower, such as "Guess the Baby Food," "Baby Name Scramble," and "Diaper Raffle." You can also create your own games or find inspiration on websites like Pinterest.

3. What are some creative food ideas for a baby shower?

You can stick to traditional finger foods like sandwiches and fruit platters, or get creative with themed treats like "diaper" cookies, mini pacifier cupcakes, or a "mom-osa" bar. Don't forget to accommodate any dietary restrictions of the guests.

4. How can I decorate the baby shower on a budget?

You don't have to spend a lot to create a beautiful and memorable baby shower. You can use items you already have at home, such as mason jars, candles, and twine, to create DIY decorations. You can also shop at discount stores or use coupons to save money on decorations.

5. What are some thoughtful baby shower gift ideas?

Some popular baby shower gifts include practical items like diapers, wipes, and onesies, as well as sentimental gifts like personalized baby blankets or keepsake books. You can also consider giving a gift card to a baby store or offering to help with tasks like laundry or cooking after the baby is born.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tonzafunn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monique64
  • jennyl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KayPT