• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Creative Ideas for a Baby Cake?

In summary, Debbie is baking a cake using a small batter bowl and prep bowls, filling them halfway with batter. She is inverting the cakes onto a cooling rack and frosting them.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Me again,

One of my consultants is due to have a little girl any day and our team meeting tomorrow night is at her house....

anyways, does anyone have any cute ideas for a baby cake? I want to make one for her as a special gift at our meeting, but I'm at a loss for something creative...

You can make a round layer cake look like a baby face. Frost a crescent shape on it white for the bonnet and the rest pink for the face. You can even use vanilla wafers as trim on the bonnet.

For my SIL's baby shower I made a preggo cake with a small batter bowl belly and prep bowl boobs. I am going to look for the pics...ETA- here is the post with a pic...
http://www.chefsuccess.com/204623-post71.htmlETA again- here was my post with directions
The base cake is a regular rectanglar baker cake that I trimmed to form the shirt shape. The belly is a SMALL batter bowl cake bacause the large would have looked really weird! The boobs are prep bowl cakes that were trimmed down to fit.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the ideas. What I think I'm going to do is use Gillians belly cake idea and then make cupcakes with the baby faces! Problem solved! Question Gillian, how far up do you fill the small batter bowl and prep bowls with batter before baking and any guess on how long/temp for baking???

OhmyDLM said:
Thanks so much for the ideas. What I think I'm going to do is use Gillians belly cake idea and then make cupcakes with the baby faces! Problem solved! Question Gillian, how far up do you fill the small batter bowl and prep bowls with batter before baking and any guess on how long/temp for baking???

Well I'm getting ready to bake, can anyone answer this question for me last second? LoL

Darcy, did you check the use and care for the Small Batter Bowl and Prep Bowls? It might be in there.

Edited to add: I just looked, nothing online in the Use and Care or PIG

Last edited:
Found it!!I found this on our files section under "Prep Bowl Recipes" I hope it helps!

Basic Prep Bowl Cake Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare cake mix of your choice for an 8-9 inch single layer cake according to package directions.
3. Grease and flour six prep bowls; fill halfway full with batter.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven; cool cakes in bowls 5 minutes.
6. Carefully invert onto stackable cooling rack; cool completely.
7. Frost each cake as desired using small spreader.

Debbie :D

Small Batter bowlI would do 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes and just stick it with the cake tester to see if it's done! As for filling it, I would do 3/4 of the way up! I have never done a cake in the small batter bowl, just the doll cake in the Classic. And I have filled it up one cake mix! Don't remember but I think it was almost all the way up (probably 3/4) and after an hour I start checking with cake tester.

Debbie :D

Thank you so so much for your help everyone! I'm off to the oven!

That is such a cute cake and great idea!! MAN you must be creative!

Sorry Darcy, I know I am late! I just filled the prep bowls up halfway (thanks Debbie!) and the batter bowl about 2/3rds. I know I trimmed a lot to make it look right before frosting so you can always play with it after baking.

Related to Any Creative Ideas for a Baby Cake?

What is a baby cake?

A baby cake is a cake made from diapers and other baby items, such as bottles, pacifiers, and onesies. It is a popular gift for new parents and can also serve as a cute centerpiece for a baby shower.

How do I make a baby cake?

To make a baby cake, you will need diapers, rubber bands, ribbon, and various baby items. Start by rolling up each diaper and securing it with a rubber band. Then, stack the rolled diapers to create tiers, securing each tier with more rubber bands. Finally, decorate the cake with ribbon and baby items, using the rubber bands to hold everything in place.

What size diapers should I use for a baby cake?

The size of diapers you use for a baby cake will depend on the size of the cake you want to make. For a smaller cake, you can use size 1 or size 2 diapers. For a larger cake, you may want to use size 3 or size 4 diapers. It's always a good idea to have a few different sizes on hand in case you need to adjust the size of your cake.

Can I personalize a baby cake?

Yes, you can personalize a baby cake by adding items that reflect the baby's name or gender, such as a personalized onesie or a pacifier with the baby's name on it. You can also choose items in the baby's nursery theme or colors to make the cake even more special.

How should I present a baby cake?

There are many creative ways to present a baby cake. You can place it on a cake stand or platter, wrap it in cellophane, or place it in a basket or gift bag. You can also add a personalized note or card to the cake to make it even more thoughtful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefPaulaB