• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Catholic Cheffers Out There?

In summary, Julie started her business with The Pampered Chef to stay at home and raise her child Catholic, while also working a full-time job. She has been blessed with many friends from other consultants and has thought about leaving multiple times, but has been kept in the business by signs from God. She also agrees that being Catholic doesn't seem to matter in the business world, as there are many faith-filled people here.
cathyt
Let's connect!

I started my business with The Pampered Chef so I can be a stay-at-home mom and keep my faith and family at the center of my life.

I approack my biz with a lot of prayer and I need to make money, but faithfulness is the most important virtue I strive for in business and life.

Anyone else? I'd love to connect with some faith-filled Catholic cheffers!!

I'm Catholic and I totally relate to you!

I'm Catholic too, but cannot say that it is any more difficult to be faithful, and be a Consultant too. I will do shows on Sunday but generally that does not interfere with my getting to Mass. I'm curious about your question, and what you might think is different about relating to another person who is Catholic? I've been very impressed by the faith sharing on this forum. It means a lot to me that we can all ask for prayers, and know there will be an Army of prayer warriors who add us to their list.

I'm Catholic & i can relate. I would love to level up & help my family, I too am a stay at home mom who wants teach my child my morals & values.

Julie :)

Hi! I am also Catholic and started PC with the intention of earning enought money to pay off our debt by following the Dave Ramsey program and ultimately be a SAHM to my 14month old daughter. I also work FT so needless to say it has been a difficult year in PC for me and a slow start.

I am also a faith-filled catholic but it does not change anything with my PC business. I don't do anything wrong on the job and have fun while on the job. Prayers are a big part of my day. Not sure where this thread is going?

*Raises hand*

I'm Catholic as well, but you will find a lot of faith-filled consultants here.

God has blessed me in my business. He has also kept me in the business. I have thought about leaving many times, but then I've gotten a sign to stay in.

I've also been blessed to make many friends from other consultants and some of my hosts. You will love this business.

I'm also Catholic. I don't think it matters what denomination we are though. There are a ton of faith-filled people here willing to share and lend a shoulder.

Not sure if I should post in this thread because I'm NOT Catholic ... but I know a lot about the Catholic faith because of my day job.

Sometimes I wish I was, because then i could do shows early on Sunday and not miss church. Protestants don't seem to meet any time other than 10 a.m. Sunday morning. It would be nice to worship on a Saturday night once in a while.

Lots of people of faith on these forums ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
Not sure if I should post in this thread because I'm NOT Catholic ... but I know a lot about the Catholic faith because of my day job.

Sometimes I wish I was, because then i could do shows early on Sunday and not miss church. Protestants don't seem to meet any time other than 10 a.m. Sunday morning. It would be nice to worship on a Saturday night once in a while.

Lots of people of faith on these forums ...

LOL I don't think that's a reason to join the church. Sorry, I had to laugh. :p

I don't either ... I'm quite happy being a charismaniac!

But honestly ... I hate it if any of my Sister Cheffers are losing their churches. I've seen it happen in my region and it's just terrible! In the county where I work they aren't "closing" churches but they expect 2 groups of 2 parishes to be "cooperative units" and in one case, share a priest among 2 churches with a combined membership of 1,300! Services in both parishes are well attended, in part due to the popularity of their priests, and at the same time. And while the pastor of the larger one is 70, he's in no hurry to retire. Just a shame what's happening.

I agree, Di. That's been happening to the Catholic churches where I live, and it's such a shame. They really shook up our area by switching all of the priests around from church to church. We really miss the priest we had before the switch! And before, we had three priests to cover the two churches in town, but now we only have one. They're closing many of the Catholic elementary schools in our area as well (including the one I went to! :( ). I think the church thing may be due to the lack of new priests, but the schools are closing because our area is in such a depressed state due to steel mill closings and many people just can't afford to pay tuition.

Just curious, what part of Ohio are you from? I know they just did some switching in the Cleveland diocese. Youngstown diocese is next.

And that's really all I'll say on the priest shortage. Not going to give you any know it all protestant stuff about how more people would be priests if .... suffice it to say that I respect people who follow that calling, even if I don't understand it.

Talked to a retiring city staff member in this area who still wants to work. I suggested becoming a deacon, since his faith obviously means so much to him. He said he wouldn't because if his wife were to die, he could never re-marry. I had NO IDEA. Learn something new every day.

I'm in the Steubenville diocese..they must be doing that priest switching stuff everywhere..

I am catholic as well, in Ohio, Cincinnati diocese. It is always hard when they combine parishes or move priests around, sometimes it has to do with a shortage of priests but it also has a lot to do with the demographics of the area.
This was the best explanation I could find about why they move the priests from church to church which was a practice before there was a shortage of priests.

"The Church has found it is better to keep priests moving from parish to parish every few years, perhaps for a few reasons, including the desire to prevent a cult of personality from building around a particular priest. This situation can put too much focus on the man rather than on the Gospel message. So, the Church prudently moves priests around."

Basically the priests are there to bring us closer to God, but by moving them around the church keeps parishoners from putting any one priest on a pedestal or having a priest in one place so long that he has a "god complex"

I grew up Catholic but am now Southern Baptist.
I do work Sunday afternoons or evenings but I tell people right up front that I do not do parties on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings. (I go to church both of those times) I have never had a problem with that in 5 years.
You just have to stand by your decision.
I wish you the best.

What are some popular Catholic dishes to make with Pampered Chef products?

Some popular Catholic dishes to make with Pampered Chef products include fish dishes for Lent, homemade bread for communion, and casseroles for church potlucks.

Are there any Pampered Chef products that are specifically designed for Catholic cooking?

While there are no products specifically designed for Catholic cooking, Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools that can be used to prepare Catholic dishes, such as a fish turner for Lenten meals or a bread pan for communion bread.

Can Pampered Chef products be used to prepare meals for Catholic holy days and celebrations?

Yes, Pampered Chef products can be used to prepare meals for Catholic holy days and celebrations. The versatile tools and cookware offered by Pampered Chef are perfect for creating delicious dishes for special occasions.

Do you have any recommendations for using Pampered Chef products for Catholic meal prep?

One recommendation is to use the Pampered Chef Food Chopper to quickly chop vegetables for dishes like lentil soup or fish tacos. Another suggestion is to use the Pampered Chef Stoneware Rectangular Baker for baking casseroles for church potlucks.

How can I incorporate my Catholic faith into my cooking with Pampered Chef products?

You can incorporate your Catholic faith into your cooking by using Pampered Chef products to prepare traditional Catholic dishes, hosting a Catholic-themed cooking party with friends, or donating a portion of your Pampered Chef sales to a Catholic charity or organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nicki25
Replies
Views
trps
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • NooraK
  • General Chat