• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Angel Food Cake Be Made in a Bar Pan? Tips and Advice Needed!

In summary, the best way to prepare a bar pan for baking angel food cake is to lightly grease it with a non-stick cooking spray or brush it with oil. It is not recommended to use a regular cake mix for angel food cake in a bar pan, as it can result in a dense and heavy cake. The cake is done when it is golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. You can add toppings and decorations after the cake has cooled, but avoid heavy toppings. To remove the cake from the pan without sticking, gently run a knife around the edges and invert the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely before removing it. A non-stick bar pan can also make removal easier."
emo812
I thought that I heard somewhere that you can make angel food cake in the large bar pan...has anyone tried this? I would love some tips. I think someone said to line it with parchment paper but I wanted to check before I did it. Any tips would be super!!

Thanks!!

I've done it before. It was part of a recipe. I think the recipe is in the All the Best cookbook. It is a jellyroll cake No real tips. I line it with parchment because the cake is so light there isn't much fat to help release the cake from the pan. Also because the recipe I used called for it (so we could then roll it up without it sticking on itself). I hope it turns out for you!

I use the 12 in Exc. Skillet. It turns out perfect every time.

Thanks! I have the All the Best cookbook. I'll look in there. I knew I saw it somewhere just couldn't remember!!

How long do you cook it in the 12" skillet? I have to try that!!

I love angel food cake! I'll have to try it in the large bar pan!

I've used my bar pan to make angel food cake many times, but only for rolling it up for jelly roll type cake. I always use parchment paper for roll up recipes in the bar pan.

how long at what temp do you use?

1. What is the best way to prepare the bar pan for baking angel food cake?

The best way to prepare the bar pan for baking angel food cake is to lightly grease it with a non-stick cooking spray or brush it with a thin layer of oil. Avoid using butter or flour as it can affect the texture of the cake.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix for the angel food cake in bar pan?

No, it is not recommended to use a regular cake mix for angel food cake in bar pan. Angel food cake requires a specific type of cake mix that is lighter and fluffier. Using a regular cake mix can result in a dense and heavy cake.

3. How do I know when the angel food cake is done baking in the bar pan?

The angel food cake is done when it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It should also spring back when lightly pressed with your finger.

4. Can I add any toppings or decorations to the angel food cake in bar pan?

Yes, you can add toppings and decorations to the angel food cake after it has cooled. However, it is best to avoid heavy toppings like frosting, as it can weigh down the delicate cake.

5. How do I remove the angel food cake from the bar pan without it sticking?

To remove the angel food cake from the bar pan, gently run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Then, carefully invert the pan onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely before removing it from the pan. You can also use a non-stick bar pan for easier removal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DCOX3