• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amber Alerts to Your Cell Phone

In summary, an Amber Alert is a notification system used to quickly spread information about a missing child. To receive Amber Alerts on your cell phone, you can sign up for the Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) system, which can usually be done through your phone's settings or by contacting your wireless provider. You can also choose which types of Amber Alerts you receive on your cell phone by customizing your emergency alert settings. There is no cost for receiving Amber Alerts on your cell phone, as wireless providers are required to provide WEA alerts free of charge. These alerts are only sent out in serious situations when there is a confirmed child abduction or danger to a child in your area, so they are not frequent.
Crystal Patton
I just signed up for this and thought I would pass it on.

www.wirelessamberalerts.org

You give them your cell phone number and they notify you, via text messaging, of any Amber Alters within a certain mile radius of your area code. It is totally free and you can choose the hours you want to be notified.

As a Mother of 3 small boys I am ALL for this and thought you guys would want to know.

This is new to me. I have not heard of this before. Thanks for the update. Now to sign up on the website.

That's a great resource, thank you for sharing! As a parent, safety is always a top priority and having the ability to receive Amber Alerts directly to my phone is very reassuring. I will definitely be signing up for this service. Thanks again for passing it along!

1. What is an Amber Alert?

An Amber Alert is a notification system used to quickly spread information about a missing child. It is typically issued by law enforcement when a child is believed to be in danger and the public's help is needed to locate them.

2. How do I sign up to receive Amber Alerts on my cell phone?

To receive Amber Alerts on your cell phone, you can sign up for the Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) system. This can usually be done through your phone's settings or by contacting your wireless provider.

3. Can I choose which Amber Alerts I receive on my cell phone?

Yes, you can choose which types of Amber Alerts you receive on your cell phone. Most phones allow you to customize which types of emergency alerts you receive, including Amber Alerts.

4. Will I be charged for receiving Amber Alerts on my cell phone?

No, there is no cost for receiving Amber Alerts on your cell phone. Wireless providers are required by law to provide WEA alerts free of charge to their customers.

5. How often will I receive Amber Alerts on my cell phone?

You will only receive Amber Alerts on your cell phone when there is a confirmed child abduction or danger to a child in your area. These alerts are not frequent and are only sent out in serious situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lkprescott
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkprescott