• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do About Unwanted Text Messages to My Cell Phone from My Website?

In summary, you should probably remove your number from your website if you don't want people texting and calling you. You can also try blocking the number they give you, or getting a phone number that you can forward to your cell phone.
cdsparks04
Gold Member
I'm getting about forty or fifty unwanted text messages to my cell phone :eek: and I believe it's from me having my number posted on my website. What should I do?? :confused:

I don't want to hinder my business by removing it, but do I have any options? Have you had this happen to you before? Has it stopped? Did you do anything to stop it?

Are they from people or businesses? Maybe someone has a wrong number and thinks they're texting someone else. (I recently got a text from a friend telling me that the pizza for an event we were doing, with tax, would be $400. I wasn't supposed to have anything to do with the pizza.) I haven't had a lot of trouble, and my cell number is the one listed on my website (and everywhere else). On the odd occasion that I get a strange text, I don't hesitate to text back, "I'm sorry, but who are you? -Rae"

I get stray texts too (no where near as many as you!), but more troubling, and I'M POSITIVE related to my listing my cell phone on my page, is the unsolicited recording calls for making money at home, programs to help direct sales, etc.I report every one of those calls that I get to donotcall.org, but they still just keep coming.

That kind of thing is what the block feature was created for.

Thank you! Now I've finally figured out why I keep getting solicitation texts and calls from telemarketers. I was wondering how they got my number.AT&T says that I cannot block a specific number from calling or texting though.

I get a few random ones, but it is like Rae said, a customer or business person who just sent it to the wrong number. We haven't had a landline phone in close to 10 years, (maybe 8, but for a while). I don't have a lot of options, but we (DH and I) both run businesses, and need cell phones more than landline ones.

The biggest thing is that our websites are not searchable so if people are getting them off your website, they would have to do a lot of manual work. My cell phone is the only number listed on my website. I do not get any weird calls or texts.

magentablue said:
I'M POSITIVE related to my listing my cell phone on my page, is the unsolicited recording calls for making money at home, programs to help direct sales, etc.

I've gotten a few of those, too. I figured they had gotten my number from my website or something PC related. Ugh.

I have mine listed, and can't say I ever get anything weird via voice or text. I don't use my landline at all other than faxing, so my cell is on my business cards, fliers I hand out, my website - everywhere.

I have a cell phone from Verizon. They allow you to go online and manually block each number you don't want to call you (if they are being a pest or are a telemarketer). It costs me nothing extra per month.Another suggestion I have is that I moved here to SD 3 years ago from CA and never changed my phone number. I still didn't want to when starting Pampered Chef, so Google offers a service called Google Voice. With Google Voice you can put contacts into groups and tell it what to do when that specific person calls. (ignore, voicemail, forward, etc)I forwarded my Voice number to my cell for all calls, now I have a local number and people can still use the old one and I have all the control! :)I notice I get funny texts if I download a new game app or something to my phone. Just make sure whomever you are giving your number to online or to your phone is a trusted source. Also, opt out of "partner" offers whenever ordering or doing business with other online companies.

I get the same one every couple of weeks, and it's just a recording for a fantastic offer that sounds too good to be true, but of course isn't! It's from a different number everytime, so the call-block feature (I have verizon) wouldn't work for me!And according to the message, if I call the number they give me, I'll just get a recording anyway! UGGH! Fortunately, so far, it's only one number.I'm actually considering dropping my cell phone for business and getting a 2nd Vonage line. I can forward it to my cell phone whenever I need to leave. Cell phone coverage doesn't work at home for me anyway (the signal is full, but it drops calls after 1-2 minutes every time). Anyway.....I digress. :D

esavvymom said:
I get the same one every couple of weeks, and it's just a recording for a fantastic offer that sounds too good to be true, but of course isn't! It's from a different number everytime, so the call-block feature (I have verizon) wouldn't work for me!

And according to the message, if I call the number they give me, I'll just get a recording anyway! UGGH! Fortunately, so far, it's only one number.

I'm actually considering dropping my cell phone for business and getting a 2nd Vonage line. I can forward it to my cell phone whenever I need to leave. Cell phone coverage doesn't work at home for me anyway (the signal is full, but it drops calls after 1-2 minutes every time). Anyway.....I digress. :D

So, after I read your post yesterday, I now got a similar call that you were describing. WEIRD! When I got off work there was a recorded voice mail from 219-697-3364. Is that the number that was calling you too? I'm gonna block em, but still, never happened until I read your post. Creepy!

I got the call again today- but this was from a 281 area code. But the number is different every time! This time I did notice they said that they got my number "from your website". How, I'm not sure- since they are a 281 number, and I am 919...where would they have seen my website except locally? Anyway...voice recording saying to call the automated number and that there will be no additional charges if I call it. HAHA Yeah- going to test that theory. NOT!I'll have to ask my cell phone company about it when I upgrade my phone soon.

Sounds like they've been trolling the net for DS websites and collecting the numbers.

I have been getting messages from telemarketers saying they got my number off my website and wanted to know if I was interested in making more money....yadayada. So annoying; only problem they always call from different numbers so I wouldn't even know who to block. ugh

magentablue said:
I get stray texts too (no where near as many as you!), but more troubling, and I'M POSITIVE related to my listing my cell phone on my page, is the unsolicited recording calls for making money at home, programs to help direct sales, etc.

esavvymom said:
I got the call again today- but this was from a 281 area code. But the number is different every time! This time I did notice they said that they got my number "from your website".

I got my first call today!!! YAY!! I made the list. lol.

I got those quite a bit a few months back (right as I was busy enough with a new baby) and until reading this post, I hadn't noticed that they'd stopped :)

I removed my phone number (no one called it anyway- they used the "Contact me" page), but yesterday, I also registered my mobile number with the Do Not Call list. (Didn't know you could do Mobile numbers now.) At least now, if they call, I can feel satisfaction by reporting them!BUT- I did get one of those calls about 2 weeks ago, and this time, I listened to the recording all the way to the end, and it gave me an option to press a button to be REMOVED from their list! Darn if I didn't pound that number fast! ;) Since then, I've not gotten THOSE calls...yet. BUt maybe it worked....I'm crossing my fingers.

I did press that number once... and then I realized it lets them know that you're a real person! I'm not sure what the answer is, I just wish that I could electrocute the spammers each time they dial (or have their computer robo dial, I should say!)

1. Can I find the cell phone number of a specific consultant on the Pampered Chef website?

No, the cell phone numbers of consultants are not listed on the Pampered Chef website for privacy reasons. However, you can easily contact a consultant through their personal website or by reaching out to our customer service team.

2. Why is my cell phone number required to create an account on the Pampered Chef website?

Providing a cell phone number is optional when creating an account on our website. However, it can be useful for receiving updates and special offers from Pampered Chef.

3. Is my cell phone number shared with other users or companies?

No, your cell phone number is not shared with other users or companies without your consent. Pampered Chef values your privacy and will only use your phone number for communication related to your account or orders.

4. Can I change or remove my cell phone number from my account?

Yes, you can easily change or remove your cell phone number from your account settings. Simply log in to your account, go to the "Personal Information" section, and click on "Edit" next to your phone number.

5. How do I add a cell phone number to my account if I didn't provide one during registration?

You can easily add a cell phone number to your account by logging in and going to the "Personal Information" section. Click on "Edit" next to your phone number and enter the new number. Make sure to save your changes before exiting the page.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • PamperchefJames
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperchefJames
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg