• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Show Promotion: Dealing with Cell Numbers for Reminder Calls

I check the number before answering. If it's not who I'm waiting to hear from, I ignore it and check back later. It's not that difficult, people. If you answer your phone, don't yell at me for interrupting you. End vent.In summary, the conversation revolves around making reminder calls for shows and the issue of calling cell numbers during the day. Some suggest introducing oneself and stating the purpose of the call to avoid confusion and frustration. Others recommend using email or a service like ConstantContact to avoid this issue altogether. The conversation also touches on the importance of respecting people's time and not getting upset if they are unable to talk at the moment.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Ugh, I have started doing this for my shows. It really is a great thing, I can call during the day while most people are at work & leave a message. Something that I'm running into is that some of the numbers I receive from my host are cell numbers. I'm ending up calling people in the middle of the day on their cell & I get a tone of 'Why are you calling my cell #????' :grumpy:

What should I do about this? Continue to call? Or just work with e-mail if I have that?

I don't make the calls, but you could start your call with, "Hi, I'm Crystal. Susie gave me this number so I could remind you about her party . . ."That way they know that you're calling that number because it's the one the host gave you. Personal vent: If you don't have time to talk, if a call is an interruption, don't answer your phone. Very few cellphones these days don't have caller ID. If I'm in the middle of something, my phone is on silent. If I'm waiting on a call, I check the number before answering. If it's not who I'm waiting to hear from, I ignore it and check back later. It's not that difficult, people. If you answer your phone, don't yell at me for interrupting you. End vent.

I agree with the vent...dont' answer your phone if you aren't sure who/or are busy.

That said, I love to make the reminder calls....I always start the call by saying "hello, I'm Beth, the Pampered Chef gal who will being doing Host Holly's show tomorrow night....I'm making reminder calls for her....then I go on from there about new catalog, new products, excitement, food, friends, yee-ha!".

Once they seem to "get" that I'm calling FOR the host, they settle down.

I also LOVE getting answering machines and voice mail...I work full time and have a heavy PC show schedule. The more calls I can knock off during day time work breaks for me, the better.

Hang in there!

raebates said:
Personal vent: If you don't have time to talk, if a call is an interruption, don't answer your phone. Very few cellphones these days don't have caller ID. If I'm in the middle of something, my phone is on silent. If I'm waiting on a call, I check the number before answering. If it's not who I'm waiting to hear from, I ignore it and check back later. It's not that difficult, people. If you answer your phone, don't yell at me for interrupting you. End vent.

AMEN SISTER!!!!!

I use ConstantContact.com so I don't have to deal with things like this!!! Email me at [email protected] if you want more info.

raebates said:
Personal vent: If you don't have time to talk, if a call is an interruption, don't answer your phone. Very few cellphones these days don't have caller ID. If I'm in the middle of something, my phone is on silent. If I'm waiting on a call, I check the number before answering. If it's not who I'm waiting to hear from, I ignore it and check back later. It's not that difficult, people. If you answer your phone, don't yell at me for interrupting you. End vent.

AMEN SISTER!!!!!

On the same note, don't tell me it's an okay time to talk when I ask at the beginning of the call and then get all huffy and tell me you have to go 2 minutes later. I was trying to be respectful and ask, so just tell me to call you back!!!!

Completely agree with you, Rae. On the other end of the phone, however, I had a neighbor who called me and I didn't answer the phone because I was in the middle of a workout. She left a message..."I know you're home - I see your car. Fine if you don't want to talk to me." And she hung up. Nice neighbor, hey?

dianevill said:
Completely agree with you, Rae. On the other end of the phone, however, I had a neighbor who called me and I didn't answer the phone because I was in the middle of a workout. She left a message..."I know you're home - I see your car. Fine if you don't want to talk to me." And she hung up. Nice neighbor, hey?

Tell her you were on the toilet with diarrhea and womanly cramps....see what she says to that!:yuck:

cmdtrgd said:
Tell her you were on the toilet with diarrhea and womanly cramps....see what she says to that!:yuck:
LOL

dumb length requirement!

Personal vent: If you don't have time to talk, if a call is an interruption, don't answer your phone. Very few cellphones these days don't have caller ID. If I'm in the middle of something, my phone is on silent. If I'm waiting on a call, I check the number before answering. If it's not who I'm waiting to hear from, I ignore it and check back later. It's not that difficult, people. If you answer your phone, don't yell at me for interrupting you. End vent.[/QUOTE]

I agree!

I'd just like people to return calls! VENT- what is it with people not returning calls in a timely manner? I don't just mean for PC. Any business. If I ran my business like there's I'd be out of business.

lockhartkitchen said:
I'd just like people to return calls! VENT- what is it with people not returning calls in a timely manner? I don't just mean for PC. Any business. If I ran my business like there's I'd be out of business.
I don't return calls very well unless it's for MY business or someone is returning my personal call and I wasn't available when they called me back. I don't expect people to take time to call me back because it's an inconvenience sometimes.
On the other side of that, I didn't ask "so and so" to call me, and I don't always put calling people back as a priority in my life. If I've given people my e-mail then I wish they'd use it if they want a response from me in a timely manner. For example, if someone calls me and asks me to do something for them like sub for them on playground duty or Sunday school teaching, I will most likely not call them back unless it's a really good friend. I, in return, do not usually even leave a message if I'm looking for a sub or something like that.
I do expect businesses that want my business to return my calls. If they don't, then they must want me to go elsewhere.

dianevill said:

Be honest, Diane, you really didn't want to talk to her anyway. :p

Related to Maximizing Show Promotion: Dealing with Cell Numbers for Reminder Calls

What is the best way to obtain cell numbers for reminder calls?

The most effective way to obtain cell numbers for reminder calls is to ask for them during the booking process. You can also include a request for cell numbers on your show invitation and have guests write them down on an RSVP card or enter them online.

Is it okay to use cell numbers for reminder calls without permission?

No, it is not okay to use cell numbers for reminder calls without permission. It is important to respect your guests' privacy and only use their cell numbers if they have given you explicit permission to do so.

How can I ensure that I am using cell numbers ethically for reminder calls?

To ensure ethical use of cell numbers for reminder calls, make sure to ask for permission during the booking process and provide an opt-out option for guests who do not want to receive reminder calls. You should also only use the cell numbers for the specific purpose of reminder calls and not share them with anyone else.

What should I do if a guest does not want to provide their cell number?

If a guest does not want to provide their cell number, respect their decision and do not pressure them to do so. Instead, offer alternative options for receiving reminders, such as email or text message.

Is it necessary to use cell numbers for reminder calls?

No, it is not necessary to use cell numbers for reminder calls. You can also use email or text message as alternative methods for reminding guests of your show. However, using cell numbers can be more effective in ensuring guests attend your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Karen Weber
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • mrssyvo