• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Your Cell Phone Numbers Safe from Telemarketers?

In summary, the "Psa: Cell Phone Do Not Call" policy is a regulation set by the FCC that prohibits telemarketers from making unsolicited calls to cell phone numbers without prior consent. Some exempt calls include those from political organizations, charities, and established business relationships. To register on the Do Not Call list, you can visit the National Do Not Call Registry website, call 1-888-382-1222, or register via mail. The policy also applies to text messages. If you receive an unsolicited call or text, you can file a complaint with the FCC, report the number to the registry, or block the number on your phone.
jrstephens
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Just a Reminder---- THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY, ALL CELL PHONE NUMBERS ARE BEING RELEASED TO TELEMARKETING COMPANIES AND YOU WILL START TO RECEIVE SALE CALLS........YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS......
To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for 5 years.
HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO: http://www.donotcall.gov/

Don't worry. This is an urban myth.

raebates said:
Don't worry. This is an urban myth.

Oh! I usually check it out but it came from a local government office that I know, so, I thought it was for real!

That's okay... I already get telemarketing calls on my cell phone.

What is the "Psa: Cell Phone Do Not Call" policy?

The "Psa: Cell Phone Do Not Call" policy is a regulation set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that prohibits telemarketers from making unsolicited calls to cell phone numbers without the consumer's prior consent.

What types of calls are exempt from the "Psa: Cell Phone Do Not Call" policy?

Some types of calls that are exempt from the "Psa: Cell Phone Do Not Call" policy include calls from political organizations, charities, and companies with whom the consumer has an established business relationship.

How do I register my cell phone number on the Do Not Call list?

To register your cell phone number on the Do Not Call list, you can visit the National Do Not Call Registry website or call 1-888-382-1222 from the phone number you wish to register. You can also register via mail by sending your phone number, name, and address to the address listed on the website.

Does the "Psa: Cell Phone Do Not Call" policy apply to text messages?

Yes, the "Psa: Cell Phone Do Not Call" policy also applies to text messages. Telemarketers are not allowed to send unsolicited text messages to cell phone numbers without the consumer's prior consent.

What should I do if I receive an unsolicited call or text message on my cell phone?

If you receive an unsolicited call or text message on your cell phone, you can file a complaint with the FCC. You can also report the number to the National Do Not Call Registry website or block the number on your phone if your service provider offers that option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lkprescott
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg