• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprising Facts About the Human Body: From Cells to Emotions

In summary, the human brain can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica, the average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds, men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair, at the moment of conception you spent about half an hour as a single cell, there are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet, your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil, and your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born.
raebates
Staff member
Disclaimer: I received these in an email from a friend. I don't doubt them. I just don't know if they're accurate.

Scientists say the higher your I.Q. the more you dream.

The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
You use 200 muscles to take one step.

The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man.

Your big toes have two bones each while the rest have three.

A pair of human feet contains 250,000 sweat glands.

A full bladder is roughly the size of a soft ball.

The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.

The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.

It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds.

Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair. [So, The Furry Guy is probably safe. :D ]

At the moment of conception, you spent about half an hour as a single cell.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.

The enamel in your teeth is the hardest substance in your body.

Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born.

When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, and they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.

Your thumb is the same length of your nose.

At this very moment I know full well you are putting this last fact to the test . . . now remove your thumb from your nose and pass this on to the friends you think might be interested in comparing their thumbs to their noses as well ......

Actually, the human toe is the very best device there if for finding objects in the dark.

I like the last fact about the thumb. It's funny because I thought about measuring, but my ds is sitting here and I didn't feel like explaining what I was doing. It's my day of rest.:)

Unfortunately, that is true, KG.

I'm not so sure of the dream thing! I have weird long vivid dreams. Maybe I'm abnormal, that wouldn't be the first time.

Since I have big, wild, epic dreams, I believe the info. :)

Are you the reincarnation of Cecil B. DeMille?

Nope. His grand visions made sense. Mine just make me tell The Furry Guy odd things in my sleep. The other day I told him that elephants are easy to catch--they like peanuts and grapes. Hey, at least I'm entertaining when I sleep. Most people are kind of boring when they're snoozin'.

If it makes you feel any better...many years ago, someone who used to live with me, was a very sound sleeper. One early morning, the phone rang. (It must have been about 2:30 or 3:00.) She sat bolt upright in bed, turned on the light, picked up the phone and put it on her lap, then lifted the receiver. She put it up to her ear and the sounds that came from her lips could best be described as speaking in tongues. It was something like, "Gersz shevertin brazratzle vorshnit."She suddenly held the receiver in front of her face, looked at me in all serious confusion and said, "They hung up!" She put the receiver back in the cradle, carefully placed the phone back on the night stand, turned off the light and plopped back on the pillow, like nothing had happened.I almost fell out of bed laughing, and to this day (I assume, anyway, since I haven't seen her in years) she has no recollection of that event.

The Furry Guy and our son have lots of stories about my sleep-talking. When we go camping, I'm always the first one asleep. I then become the entertainment for the evening. The legendary one was the time I told them, "Wombats make good pets."Our DS, though, was even better. He was working at McDonald's at the time. Sound asleep in the recliner, he sat straight up and said in a cheery voice with a big smile, "Thank you. That will be $3.95. Please pull forward." Then he slumped back down.What can I say? We're an entertaining family.

Apparently, you are. I don't know many people who can get their photo in the paper wearing paper clothes.

And you probably know even fewer who would voluntarily agree to do it.

Especially given the pay rate.

Related to Surprising Facts About the Human Body: From Cells to Emotions

1. What is the most surprising fact about the human body?

The most surprising fact about the human body is that it contains enough iron to make a 3-inch nail.

2. How many cells are in the human body?

The average human body contains around 37.2 trillion cells.

3. What is the strongest muscle in the human body?

The strongest muscle in the human body is the masseter, which is located in the jaw and is used for chewing food.

4. Do humans have a sense of smell?

Yes, humans have a sense of smell. The average person can distinguish between thousands of different smells.

5. What causes goosebumps?

Goosebumps are caused by the contraction of tiny muscles at the base of each hair follicle. This is a reflex response to cold temperatures or strong emotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ragschef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • krzymomof4