• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I in the Land of Flaky Hosts?

In summary, the author has had difficulty in finding a successful host for their catalog show. Despite this, they remain hopeful. They have had one successful show in the past nine months. They are concerned about the lack of bookings for the new year and hope that the show on the 30th will be their first successful show.
yummy4tummy
It seems that no matter how much I host coach , I cannot get the picture through to my hosts. GRRRRRR:mad: I had one unsolicited host (she works with DH and came to me to host a catalog show). She is not new to PC or to the DS industry. I go to her and give her the packet, go over the host/guest specials etc.,etc. and we decide on the 15th for the show to close (2 weeks). I find out from DH last night that she has not done anything yet and now is scheduled to go on vacation. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-005.gif

I have had 1 successful catalog show in the 9 months that I have been doing this (however, that was like pulling teeth). I have had over 40 shows scheduled, some never materialized, some "non shows" and very few are really fun. They are more stressful than anything especially when you have to play "track down the host". Now, on top of this I am expected to try to recruit people telling them how fun a job I have? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PC and love doing the shows. I JUST WANT A PLEASURABLE EXPERIENCE for a change. Please let the host fairy bring me a host that listens to me, sets goals and isn't into hide and seek.
Thank you for letting me vent (like you had a choice haha)
Valky

Keep your chin up.. it will get better... I'm still fairly new myself. I haven't had that $1000 show YET, but I'm keeping optimistic. I haven't had a pile of shows every month or piles of bookings, but I'm trying hard the best I can. I too had a flaky host, she postponed on me 3 times, and the night before her show I STILL couldnt' get through to her til almost 10pm that night!! I was ready to choke her!!! BUT she had her show and she did very well. I am a bit concerned that I have no bookings for the new year.. but I'm NOT giving up yet. I have two more shows this month... (this is the only month I have had more than one show). I am keeping my fingers crossed that something will come from those shows!!

Cheers

I too reside in the land of flaky hosts! I had a show scheduled from Aug. (she wanted the roaster) to be held on Nov. 3rd. She had emergency gall bladder surgery on the first and wanted to postpone it to the 10th. A few days before she decided she'd be more comfortable with the 17th. Checked up on her today and she forgot! Now she's going to do it on the 30th! I really needed the bookings in early Nov. as I only had that show and a fundraiser (which was only $176) scheduled this month!!!!!!!!! Another gal who booked in August has postponed 3 times as well, and is now booked for Jan. This is my 4th month, and I scraped out my $1250 the first 3, but things are looking pretty grim. (So much for Christmas cash!) Maybe the show on the 30th will be my first 1,000 show and make it all worth it!
Okay--now that's off my chest I feel better too!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What qualifies someone as a "flaky host"?

A flaky host is someone who consistently cancels or reschedules their Pampered Chef party, shows little interest in the products or benefits of hosting a party, or fails to follow through with their commitments as a host.

2. How can I avoid booking parties with flaky hosts?

One way to avoid booking parties with flaky hosts is to have a conversation with potential hosts before booking their party. Ask about their availability and level of interest in hosting a party. Additionally, you can ask for a small deposit or commitment from the host to ensure their commitment to the party.

3. What should I do if I suspect my host may be flaky?

If you have concerns about a potential host being flaky, it's important to communicate openly and honestly with them. Express your concerns and discuss any potential solutions, such as setting a firm date for the party or asking for a deposit.

4. How can I handle a host who consistently cancels or reschedules their party?

If a host consistently cancels or reschedules their party, it's important to address the issue directly and professionally. You can offer to help find a new date that works for both of you or offer alternative options, such as a virtual party. If the issue persists, you may need to consider not booking future parties with that host.

5. What are some tips for dealing with a flaky host during a party?

If you find yourself dealing with a flaky host during a party, it's important to remain professional and focus on providing a great experience for the guests. You can also offer to reschedule the party for a later date if needed. After the party, make sure to communicate with the host about their commitment to the party and discuss any concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JennsRAQ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lesliec