• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

All Y'all Are Cordially Invited...

In summary, Nikki is feeling strong in the face of her family's military member's departure for a long trip. She thanks them all for their bravery and prays for their safe return.
nikked
Gold Member
to attend my pity party!

Sometimes I just get sick and tired of being brave as we prepare for DH to leave for Iraq. He leaves tomorrow for a two week desert combat training in Texas, will be back for about 10 days, and then leaves for good.

We're celebrating his Father's Day tomorrow before he leaves, because he'll be gone for that.

I try to not to be to witchy or obnoxious, which seem to be my cover ups for what I'm going through. Poor guy...

Anyways, please remember us in your prayers and thoughts. We've had one dry run for a week, and this one will be two. I rely on him SO much (too much, really). I guess it's time for me to grow up!

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes...I know it's not all about me, but it's nice to let it be every once in a while!

Prayers for you during this time!! HUGS too!!

I can only begin to imagine how difficult this time is for you. You and your family are in my prayers!

Nikkie: Feel free to be as witchy as you want. For what you are going through, if being witchy helps you cope, by all means, have at it. But please know regardless of what anyone's feelings are on the war, we love our soldiers and want them to come home safe and sound. I thank him and you for your bravery.

FOR ALL IN THE SERVICE OF OUR COUNTRY

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

I hope posting this prayer doesn't offend anyone and what they believe, please take it in the spirit in which it is meant.

Anyways, please remember us in your prayers and thoughts. We've had one dry run for a week, and this one will be two. I rely on him SO much (too much, really). I guess it's time for me to grow up!

Can you ever rely on a DH too much?? Sounds like you've got a good one that you CAN rely on!! :) Good thoughts and prayers coming your way (and to all the families waiting back home.)

You'll be in my prayers, Nikki.

AJPratt said:
Nikkie: Feel free to be as witchy as you want. For what you are going through, if being witchy helps you cope, by all means, have at it. But please know regardless of what anyone's feelings are on the war, we love our soldiers and want them to come home safe and sound. I thank him and you for your bravery.

FOR ALL IN THE SERVICE OF OUR COUNTRY

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

I hope posting this prayer doesn't offend anyone and what they believe, please take it in the spirit in which it is meant.

So perfectly said. You tell him the Kraham family in South Florida thanks him for his bravery and for protecting our freedom. We'll be praying for his safe return.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

I can only imagine how it must be for you to have to let go and see loved ones go to war. We have a lot of military in the family but none at this time. DH was Vietnam Era but served in Germany and it was before we met.

My prayers are with you! Please thank him for me! Where would we be if it weren't for people like him?!

Nikki - praying for you and all the kids...

How long will he be gone when he leaves to go over there?

Nikki-we are praying for everyone's safety and also for you to be strong and make it through. You don't have to worry about being strong here though. Let it out as much as you want. I can't begin to fathom what your going through-OR what your DH is going through. I give hime unending credit for what he is doing.

(((Hugs)))!

I cannot even imagine what your family feels right now. Like everyone said, thank him for his bravery, & I hope he has a short leave. (though I'm sure nothing seems short for you & the kids) Take care:)

Thanks y'all. After a rough night, it was nice to come here and see all this.

He'll be gone for a year, with a two week furlough sometime in the middle.

We're getting ready for "Father's Day". Thanks again!

My prayers are with you and your family. Please let you hubby know that we appreciate his service to our country. I know it must be really tough for your family. My Dad was in the Air Force in the 60's when I was a child. I remember him being gone so long I barely recognized him when he got home (The beard after some trips didn't help)

I can empathize with you! My husband is in the reserves, and is currently on his annual training in Texas as well. However, he was in Iraq at the start of the war for a year. I pray that you are given the strength to get thru this time! Feel free to lean on me!

Thank him for his service.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May god keep watch over him and bring him home safely. Thank him and please let him know how much we appreciate his service. Though it isn't always said, we belive in them and pray for their safety! We will never really be able to thank them all for their service, our freedom and safety.

Special prayers out to you and your children for the strength to hold on until he returns to you.

You and your husband are in my prayers for his safe return. How long will he be in Iraq? My brother left for Iraq on June 4th for a 2 year deployment. His wife has been in Afghanistan since February and her deployment does not end until next May. Keep the faith.Tracy

Nikki, my thoughts are with you, your husband, and your entire family. I believe you have to go through every emotion to get through something like this. Do you have a support group of families that are being sent. My step-daughter's mom married a man that has been deployed twice if 5 years and they attended support groups I believe once a month, but if they needed someone to talk to that understood what they were going through they had a list of people they could call night and day. I know it really helped them.

Yeah. We have a very active group on base here called Hearts Apart, and there is also a Blue Star Mom's group.

One of the things that is weird for us is that he has been "plucked" out of his squadron for a special duty assignment. His squadron isn't leaving together, it's just him. So, I'm not going to have that kind of support, although his squadron has been great and very helpful. Offers for babysitting, yard work, and such.

He'll be gone for a full year, with a two week furlough somewhere in the middle.

Thanks, y'all.

Here is a link to my first post about his deployment. It has details about what exactly he is going to be doing.

Thanks again...

I'm not sure I can say anything that hasn't already been said, but just want to let you know that I'm praying for you and your kids as well. I can't being to say thank you enough to you and your DH for the sacrifice you are BOTH making to keep me and my family safe.

nikked said:
to attend my pity party!

Sometimes I just get sick and tired of being brave as we prepare for DH to leave for Iraq. He leaves tomorrow for a two week desert combat training in Texas, will be back for about 10 days, and then leaves for good.

We're celebrating his Father's Day tomorrow before he leaves, because he'll be gone for that.

I try to not to be to witchy or obnoxious, which seem to be my cover ups for what I'm going through. Poor guy...

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes...I know it's not all about me, but it's nice to let it be every once in a while!
I just ran across this post -- I think we are very much alike! :) We have 6 more days in our house, then we will stay in a hotel w/ my DH for a few days before heading to Indiana (a couple of days before he leaves). I feel so bad b/c I've been so aggravated and short with him lately. I'm really not trying to be, but I can't help it.

ahammons said:
I just ran across this post -- I think we are very much alike! :) We have 6 more days in our house, then we will stay in a hotel w/ my DH for a few days before heading to Indiana (a couple of days before he leaves). I feel so bad b/c I've been so aggravated and short with him lately. I'm really not trying to be, but I can't help it.

Ashlee & Nikki,

You both will be in my prayers! You two are heros as well ~ and know that you will have lots of support here as you "keep the homefires burning".
I'll be praying also for the safe return of your husbands.

Ashlee & Nicole,

You girls are just as much heroes as your hubbies. Please accept our thanks for serving this country. Your PC family loves you!

I thank you and your DH for your bravery (both of you) I am so grateful for this Free Country that we live in and for the many Men and Women that have made it so and keep it this way! I'll be praying the safe return of your Husband and for the next year to be a peaceful, easy one for you and your sweet family!

Ashlee and Nicole,

I pay for our soldiers and their familes each day. I will continue to do so.

I know that our freedom isn't free.

Related to All Y'all Are Cordially Invited...

1. What is the purpose of "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..."?

The purpose of "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." is to bring people together for a fun and interactive cooking experience. It allows friends and family to gather and learn new recipes and cooking techniques in a comfortable and social setting.

2. Who can host an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party?

Anyone can host an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party! Whether you are a seasoned cook or just starting out, a Pampered Chef consultant will guide you through the process and help you plan a successful and enjoyable event.

3. What types of dishes are typically prepared at an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party?

The dishes prepared at an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party can vary depending on the host's preference and the theme of the event. However, some popular options include appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and even cocktails!

4. Do I need to purchase any Pampered Chef products to host an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party?

No, purchasing Pampered Chef products is not a requirement to host an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party. However, if you and your guests are interested in purchasing any of the products used during the party, your consultant will be happy to assist you.

5. How long does an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party typically last?

The duration of an "All Y'all Are Cordially Invited..." party can vary, but they typically last around 2-3 hours. This allows enough time for cooking, eating, and socializing with friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
angmillar
  • ihavethetools
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies