• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Will Our Troops Finally Come Home?

In summary, Kris and her husband's oldest son is coming home from Iraq in a few hours. His unit is leaving tomorrow, so they are all rejoicing. Kris' husband's best friend from high school is still in Iraq, and Kris is keeping her son and his unit in her prayers. Her other son is based in Hawaii and there is no chance of deployment for him for another year and a half.
ihavethetools
Some of you may remember that my oldest SSgt son is in Iraq. Well just for a few more hours. Their unit is leaving tomorrow!!! The rotation team arrived today....so now we keep them in our prayers...as well as all our troops.
We are elated, rejoicing and praising God for a successful mission and his safe return home.
He won't arrive home for 8 days, but at least he's out of enemy territory for now!

*Jumping up and down....praising God, like the man in Acts, "he went running and leaping and praising God." LOL

Kris

So, how do you really feel!? Congrats, I know you will be so happy to have your baby home!

Kris, that is awesome!!! PRAISE GOD!!

Our former pastor's son is there right now. DH's best friend from HS was there a while back. Scary, scary stuff.

That's the best news! I'll be keeping your son and his unit in my thoughts.

OMGosh! That is SO AWESOME!!!! I'm praying for those still there! I am so elated that your son is safe and coming home!!!!! :D

Thanks you guys.
LOL Linda, I feel ummm well let me think. Happy. LOL
Actually more like bouncing off the walls...or ready to.
Now we gotta work on our Welcome Home sign and getting flags to wave when they come through that terminal gate. Oh my gosh, I can't wait.
It is his third, well no fourth deployment overseas, and this one was the longest and most dangerous.

(I also have added that rotation unit to my long list of prayers).

Kris

Glad to hear he's been safe so far...praying that the travels are safe too. TRY to get some sleep tonight!!!! ;)

So happy for you and your son. I sort of know how your feeling...my best friend is leaving Iraq on Feb. 27th! He then goes to Kuwait, then to New Jersey and then on home to us. Its such a relief and a feeling of elation...

That is SO AWESOME!!!!

Congrats! I'm so happy that he made it through safe and you'll feel him hugging back in your arms!:D I will be keeping all of our troops in my prayers!!!;)

Congrats; I'm happy for you:) I wish all of our brave soldiers could come home safe.

That's wonderful news. We are so fortunate to have men like your son who are willing to get the job done! Thank you.

I'm so happy for you and your family. You are all in my thoughts! God bless your son and for all those who protect our country!

It is a wonderful feeling, proud, happy, safe, etc!!!!

My step son came home just before Thanksgiving, he may still get redeployed, but no news yet.

My son in law is still stationed there, although he is home on R&R right now. Good to "feel" them at home. wish he didn't have to go back. he is close to the front lines and has had a few scares already.

I wish there was an easy button for this war!

My DH's been active duty for 21+ years. It's a wonderful feeling to have a loved one/friend/anyone you know home safely! Congratulations. We will continue to pray for a safe trip home and an easy transition.

Thats awsome! Homecomings are the best. Enjoy them and Praise God he is safe!

I remember how excited, happy, relieved, overjoyed I was when my husband returned home from Iraq. We met him in Indiana (they had to stay there a few weeks before they could come home) and I was so excited! (In fact we skipped dinner and created our 3rd child that night!:) )
he is set to return to Iraq early 2008. Still hoping the situation over there changes before then, but I know that he is soooo proud to serve and it's something he feels is his duty. I now have a son and worry about how things will be when he grows up, and inside I pray that he will steer clear of the military, but when duty calls....
I am so proud of all our men and women who serve without question for our country!

Last edited:
I too wish there were an "Easy Button" for the war. Unfortunately there isn't.
My prayers too for those still over there, and the blessed rotation group that replaced the unit my son is in.

My other son is based in Hawaii and no chance of deployment for him for another 1 and 1/2 years as he's still training for his job. Well not so true, whatever the govt. says he has to do he has to do. So far, he's been able to keep in what he does, Structural Maintanance. The boy now a man who used to be afraid of heights now stands on top of a seven story airplane (I think it is, but it's the C-17 Globalmaster). YIKES!

The thing that helped me put in to perspective with my son's deployment was that even when he comes home, there is always something we can choose to worry about with our children. He has chosen a rather dangerous career field, not quite there yet though (he's only 24, has time still). However Maybe after this deployment he has rethought his career choice, he wants to be undercover narcotics.

So anyway, I'm rambling.
Thanks you all for your prayers and words of support.

Kris

ihavethetools said:
Some of you may remember that my oldest SSgt son is in Iraq. Well just for a few more hours. Their unit is leaving tomorrow!!! The rotation team arrived today....so now we keep them in our prayers...as well as all our troops.
We are elated, rejoicing and praising God for a successful mission and his safe return home.
He won't arrive home for 8 days, but at least he's out of enemy territory for now!

*Jumping up and down....praising God, like the man in Acts, "he went running and leaping and praising God." LOL

Kris

So glad to hear he is coming home safely!! Tell him I said THANK YOU for fighting for our freedom!! I appreciate our soldiers more than words can say!

How wonderful to hear news of someone coming home and safely! Have a great reunion!!!!

1. What is "Homeward Bound!!!"?

"Homeward Bound!!!" is a cooking show hosted by Pampered Chef that focuses on creating delicious and easy meals for families to enjoy at home.

2. When does "Homeward Bound!!!" air?

The show airs every Tuesday at 8 PM EST on the Pampered Chef website and YouTube channel. Episodes are also available to watch on-demand after they have aired.

3. Who hosts "Homeward Bound!!!"?

The show is hosted by Pampered Chef's Executive Chef, Tim Hagedorn, and various guest chefs from the company.

4. Are the recipes featured on "Homeward Bound!!!" exclusive to Pampered Chef products?

No, the recipes featured on the show can be made using a variety of cooking tools and ingredients. However, Pampered Chef does offer the products used on the show for purchase.

5. Can I submit a recipe to be featured on "Homeward Bound!!!"?

Currently, Pampered Chef does not accept recipe submissions for the show. However, you can share your recipe ideas with us on our social media channels for a chance to be featured.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • janetupnorth