• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

SGT Hershal White: An American Soldier Finally Comes Home After 60 Years

In summary, the "Touching Military Story" product is a collection of kitchen tools and cookware that supports military families. Purchasing these products benefits military families through donations to organizations like Operation Homefront. The products are dishwasher safe and some can be customized with a loved one's military branch. They make great gifts for anyone and add a unique touch to any kitchen.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
This was on our local radio station today and when I heard it I completely lost it. It really touched my heart. If we can keep his family in our prayers.
So ironic after the Army Wives episode that was on Sunday-that was a tear jerker too.

An American soldier will come home today after being missing for 60 years

SGT Hershal White was just 17 years old
By Brian Stewart
Thursday, July 10, 2008

A soldier who has died overseas fighting for our country will be brought home today. SGT Hershal White was just seventeen years old when he died after a bomb went off. It was November 2, 1950 when White went missing and now nearly 60 years later he will finally come home to Sand Mountain, Alabama. SGT White will arrive from Hawaii today and visitation will be held Friday from 2-9 at the Bryant Chapel of the Moore Funeral Home and the funeral is Saturday at one o’clock. All of the services are open to the public.

Wow...can you imagine getting that kind of closure after 60 years? That has to be so bittersweet. At least they can lay him to rest close to home and have a place to "visit" with him. Thanks for sharing...

That is so great they finally have some closure.

Being a real army wife, I cannot watch the TV show Army Wives. Hits too close to home.

Oh my lord. I could not imagine the feelings that family has to have.
While not an Army wife, not a wife at all, but my BF is w/ the Air Force and deployed right now, I could not imagine never getting closure....granted I can't imagine if something did happen to him.

I heard this the other day. Very touching!

Related to SGT Hershal White: An American Soldier Finally Comes Home After 60 Years

1. What is the "Touching Military Story" product?

The "Touching Military Story" product is a collection of kitchen tools and cookware designed to honor and support military families. It includes items such as a special edition apron, a military-themed cutting board, and a cookbook featuring recipes from military families.

2. How does purchasing the "Touching Military Story" product benefit military families?

For every "Touching Military Story" product purchased, a portion of the proceeds goes towards supporting military families through organizations such as Operation Homefront. These organizations provide assistance and resources to military families in need.

3. Are the products in the "Touching Military Story" line dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the products in the "Touching Military Story" line are dishwasher safe. This makes them convenient and easy to clean for busy military families.

4. Can I customize the "Touching Military Story" products with my loved one's military branch?

Yes, some of the products in the "Touching Military Story" line can be customized with your loved one's military branch. This adds a personal touch and makes the products even more meaningful.

5. Can I purchase the "Touching Military Story" products as gifts for non-military individuals?

Yes, the "Touching Military Story" products make great gifts for anyone, regardless of their military affiliation. Not only are they high-quality and practical, but they also support a great cause. Plus, the military theme adds a unique touch to any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Judybabe
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Judybabe
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • The_Kitchen_Guy