• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are we ready to be grandparents?

jerk when he got out of basic. He and our now daughter in law almost broke up. The thing is, during the time that he was away at basic, she and I became closer. So Russell and I just love her like our own daughter. We just love her to pieces. We had to let her know that no matter what happened with she and our son that we would still be friends. Well they worked things out and went through stuff still and worked it out. It's been such a treat watching them grow with each other. They started dating when she was 17 and he almost 18, so 7 years nearly. So it's neat that now we're here at this point. I
ihavethetools
My dh and I are going to be grandparents!!!!!
Our oldest, the one that got home from Iraq six weeks ago and he and his wife went to Savannah.....well our dil is pregnant!!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! and nervous all together.
This is our oldest and our first grandbaby!!!!!!

I'm having visions of walking up and down the sidewalk with our grandbaby and the grandpuppies (their two boxers) and babysitting, and baby things and on and on.

Kris

Congratulations! I bet you aren't PROUD at all!!! :p

No not proud at all. :D

Nearly 6 years ago after our son finished basic training, he was young(er) and positively a real jerk when he got out of basic. He and our now daughter in law almost broke up. The thing is, during the time that he was away at basic, she and I became closer. So Russell and I just love her like our own daughter. We just love her to pieces. We had to let her know that no matter what happened with she and our son that we would still be friends.

Well they worked things out and went through stuff still and worked it out. It's been such a treat watching them grow with each other. They started dating when she was 17 and he almost 18, so 7 years nearly. So it's neat that now we're here at this point. I guess that's why I am tearing up everytime I think about our grandbaby on the way.

Kris

Congratulations! :)

It does take the guys a little longer to grow up, doesn't it?

Congrats, very exciting. Enjoy being grandparents.

Congrats Kris - that's exciting news!! I hope your DIL has a wonderful pregnancy.

Happy news 'Grandma'!!! Congratulations!

That is great news! Congratulations!

Congratulations, Grandma!

Great news Grandma to be!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Just think now you get to give the kid back when they are crying or have a really bad diaper... only the fun stuff for grandmas :)

Alison are you referring to the "love em and leave em" routine? LOL!!!!!!

Harriet it's my favorite part of being the auntie :)

I know what you mean, Allison!

Congrats!@

Congratulations!! How exciting!!!!:D :D

So Exciting!!!! Congrats!!!!:D

Congrats! That is an awesome story you told about them!!!
PS, the boxers are great grandbabies too! I own 2 myself, and love just like my kids :D

Congratulations! I'm sure you are really excited about it.

Congratulations! I remember you posting about them going to Savannah and wanting to know what fun things there was to do. Guess they figured it out:D

ihavethetools said:
My dh and I are going to be grandparents!!!!!
Our oldest, the one that got home from Iraq six weeks ago and he and his wife went to Savannah.....well our dil is pregnant!!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! and nervous all together.
This is our oldest and our first grandbaby!!!!!!

I'm having visions of walking up and down the sidewalk with our grandbaby and the grandpuppies (their two boxers) and babysitting, and baby things and on and on.

Kris

I think me and my husband went the Savannah that same weekend, I hope it was not something in the water!! haha!!!

Congratulations!

Congrats how exciting!!!

LOL, yeah, better stay away from Savannah. Maybe it was something in Paula Dean's food : )
They went to her restaurant and loved it.
Me thinks they did figure out what to do in Savannah.
I haven't seen them yet but can't wait to get home and give them huge hugs (plus they have frozen a piece of Paula's Pecan pie for us).

Kris

ihavethetools said:
LOL, yeah, better stay away from Savannah. Maybe it was something in Paula Dean's food : )
They went to her restaurant and loved it.
Me thinks they did figure out what to do in Savannah.
I haven't seen them yet but can't wait to get home and give them huge hugs (plus they have frozen a piece of Paula's Pecan pie for us).

Kris

We could not find much to do in Savannah, so, they probably had a lot of time on their hands!!! Our little boy was with us though!

Welcome to the Club! I'm excited for you! It is such an awesome experience. We cherish the time we have with our grandkids. I've loved
that part of my life. In a way, you might say it is the reward for doing your best at parenting. One of the thrills for me has been when my kids want me to do some of the same things we used to do together, now with their kids, or I see them doing some of the same things themselves.

ihavethetools said:
No not proud at all. :D

Nearly 6 years ago after our son finished basic training, he was young(er) and positively a real jerk when he got out of basic. He and our now daughter in law almost broke up. The thing is, during the time that he was away at basic, she and I became closer. So Russell and I just love her like our own daughter. We just love her to pieces. We had to let her know that no matter what happened with she and our son that we would still be friends.

Well they worked things out and went through stuff still and worked it out. It's been such a treat watching them grow with each other. They started dating when she was 17 and he almost 18, so 7 years nearly. So it's neat that now we're here at this point. I guess that's why I am tearing up everytime I think about our grandbaby on the way.

Kris

Awww - that's so wonderful - congratulations!!

Kris - I know everybody has already told you so, but there is NOTHING like it. If you think you loved your own kids, just wait! Our first grandbaby is 6 1/2 mos and I keep her 2 or 3 afternoons a week. I love every minute of it. It is just so special seeing my daughter, my baby - with a baby and being such a good little mommy. Congratulations!

What is "aLot Sooner Than We Expected!"?

"aLot Sooner Than We Expected!" is a collection of quick and easy recipes designed to help busy individuals and families get dinner on the table in a hurry.

Who can benefit from "aLot Sooner Than We Expected!"?

This collection is perfect for anyone who wants to save time in the kitchen without sacrificing flavor or nutrition. It's especially helpful for busy professionals, parents, and students.

Are the recipes in "aLot Sooner Than We Expected!" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in this collection are created with health and nutrition in mind. They are made with fresh, whole ingredients and can easily be adapted to fit various dietary needs.

Do I need any special tools or equipment to make these recipes?

No, most of the recipes in "aLot Sooner Than We Expected!" can be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, having a few Pampered Chef products like our Quick Cooker or Food Chopper can make the cooking process even faster and easier.

Can I customize the recipes in "aLot Sooner Than We Expected!" to fit my family's preferences?

Absolutely! These recipes are meant to be versatile and adaptable. You can easily swap out ingredients or adjust seasonings to suit your family's tastes and dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ihavethetools
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
Jessamary
Replies
Views
Admin Greg