• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aCouple of My Stones Have Yellow

Thank you!In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of sticky residue left on cooking stones from using cooking spray. Several solutions are offered, including using a paste of baking soda and water, avoiding the use of cooking spray with propellant, using a kitchen spritzer with olive oil, and seasoning the stone with oil. The dangers of using cooking spray with propellant are also mentioned, with a humorous story about a consultant's son having a lifetime supply of rocket fuel.
D_Patel
sticky stuff form the cooking spray during the first few uses. I am trying to remember what to use to get it off ! I really hope someone can help me out ! They dont look to good to put out at my upcomming show ! Thank you ! :)

Danielle: Make a paste with baking soda and water and let it sit on the stone for about 30 minutes. Then use your scraper and hot water to rinse it off. That should do the trick! ;)

great !Thank you ! I will try it tonite ! I have 4 stones that are yellow like that ! Its weird the rest of them are fine ! Thank you again ! :)

D Patel and othersIn the future do not use the Pam cooking spray or others because they leave that residue. Cooking a high fat food a few times (sometimes even once) will do the trick nicely. A can of crescent rolls are only $.33 and they work GREAT!!

Even if you just buy the biscuits to season your stone it's not like it cost a fortune and then you have a well seasoned stone forever without the stickiness.

FyiYou shouldn't use Pam or any other cooking spray with propellant on any quality cookwear, not just stones. This includes hard-anondized pans like the ones in our catalog. The propellant is TERRIBLE for cookwear and builds up over time. I've used Pam for years and years and could never figure out why my old cookie sheets and pans had this thick reside on them that wouldn't come off, and that was making the smoke detector go off every time I used one of the cookie sheets. Then I got a new set of pans, the hard anondized kind, and there was information in there about the propellant.

We have a $10 kitchen spritzer in our catalog that is INFINITELY better, not to mention more versitile. I mean, you probably wouldn't spray Pam on a salad, but if you put some extra virgin olive oil in a kitchen spritzer you can put that on a salad and save a ton of fat and calories over even the most careful drizzle.

Also, if the propellant in Pam is that nasty that even scrubbing and the dishwasher won't take it off, how safe is it really to eat?

When I get a new stone, since we don't eat any kind of food like cresent rolls or cookies, all I do it put it in the warm oven for a few minutes, take it out (carefully!), and pour about 1/4 C EVOO or saffron oil over it. I rub in the oil with a paper towel and let it set. I only had to do this twice with my large round stone and it is perfectly seasoned! (Plus I didn't get any wheat residue baked in it, since I'm allergic to wheat).

I hope this helps!

Whew! I read this post just in time! I just sold a fluted cake pan and the customer was telling me last night how she was going to use Pam for the first couple of times. I sure wouldn't want to be trying to get the residue off of one of those babies!

Definitely!! I don't recommend using Pam for anything any more. The only kind I have a hard time giving up, now, is the butter flavoured because I put it on popcorn (I'm strict vegetarian, and the butter flavour doesn't actually have butter in it lol)

I wondered this too! My dh cooked chicken nuggets on my new pizza stone and sprayed it with Pam before. So it has these funny rings all over it. It is soaking in the paste right now!

Funny Story about PamI was listening to a Kitchen Show Live audio once, and the consultant doing the demo mentioned that the last ingredient in Pam is Propellant. She went on to say that propellant is rocket fuel, and that her son had a lifetime supply of rocket fuel, so they no longer use Pam in her house because they don't want to give her son anymore rocket fuel. Then she went on to talk about the Kitchen Spritzer and why it is so much better and healthier, etc. I like to tell my guests that story and I always get such a great response...especially ones that know MY son (he is a bit of a chatterbox :)

That is a great story!!! I needed one for the spritzer!

What causes the yellowing on my stones?

The yellowing on your stones is most likely caused by a build-up of oils and residue from cooking. This can happen over time, especially with heavy use of the stones.

Can I still use my stones if they have yellow spots?

Yes, you can still use your stones even if they have yellow spots. The yellowing is only cosmetic and does not affect the performance of the stones.

How do I remove the yellow spots from my stones?

To remove the yellow spots, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the affected areas and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

Are there any products specifically designed for cleaning my stones?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a Natural Stone Cleaner that is specifically designed to clean and maintain your stones. It is made with natural ingredients and is safe for all Pampered Chef stoneware.

How often should I clean my stones?

It is recommended to clean your stones after each use to prevent the build-up of oils and residue. However, if you notice yellow spots, it is a good idea to give them a deeper cleaning with the baking soda paste or Natural Stone Cleaner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • dannyzmom