• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

30 Minute Chicken Show Questions

In summary, the chicken does not brown because of the dry heat factor, but using a combination of spices, including paprika, gives it a pretty look. The recipe for this 30-minute chicken show is on the CC near the bottom of the page.
smealey
Ok, I have a few questions about the 30 min chicken. I made this with the lid off and everyone said it tasted good, however there are a few things I am wondering. Number one, why isn't the chicken brown like in the picture, that is confusing?

I have seen in other posts that they cook with lid on. Is there a consensus on this?

Is the only way to get the chicken brown to use paprika?

Is anyone doing a chicken show by cooking the chicken and making two side dishes to show people how they can have a home cooked meal in 30 minutes? If so what side are you making? I am thinking maybe a salad and either a rice or potatoe.

:rolleyes:

You have to use the paprika, or something similar in color, to get the brown look.

I am NOT using the lid and most of the microwaves I'm using do NOT allow it to rotate so I have to turn it after 15 minutes.

AND I'm using the chicken to prepare something else. Like the salad bar idea with the show info or one of our fabulous salads that call for chicken.

I have done it both ways, lid on and lid off. Both times it has turned out great. I use a combination of spices, along with paprika, so it comes out looking pretty.

Last Friday we made the chicken and then carved it up and served it with Grand Biscuits and the guests had sandwiches to munch on while they waited for the cake. That seemed to work out well.

where is the recipe for this 30 min chicken? At our cluster my director made it with flour on it and that was what I was told that it needed to brown. I NEED THE RECIPE.

It's on CC near the bottom of the page. 30-Minute Chicken Show

I did this at a show last week - lid off, wouldn't quite rotate in the micro, and it was really good. The host's DH had purchased the chicken, and had gotten dark quarters (leg and thigh pieces). So we just piled 4 of them in the baker. We used the meat from 1 on the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. And left the other 3 pieces for the host to use for meals.

The chicken doesn't brown because of the dry heat factor. The paprika is a pretty touch!

My director uses Beau Monde seasoning - kind of like gravy base - and smears it all around the skin on the bird, calls it 'tanning lotion' when at a show - then leaves the whole bird in the microwave 25 mins, takes out and covers last 5 mins, comes out perfect.

My variation: Lemon Rosemary Garlic chicken... 2 lemons, 5-8 sprigs rosemary, 5-6 cloves of garlic. Kosher salt. SOoooooo Good~! Use Citrus Press to juice lemons all over bird, inside and out - stuff the inner cavities with the spent halves. Press 2 garlic cloves on top and smear all over chicken. Cut rosemary sprigs to 3" lengths - put one under each wing, each leg as you tie them down. Shred the leaves off 2 big stems of rosemary to dust on top - put all the rest inside the cavity. Slice any other garlic in half, place in cavity. salt the outside liberally, nuke & serve. So tasty! You can sprinkle with Rosemary Herb also if you like. Maybe paprika or Beau Monde for browning look.

Scott........:eek: Oh my - *that* sounds divine! I have GOT to try it your way. Yum! :p

No kidding! I'll be looking for Beau Monde this weekend!

You guys are amazing! Thanks for the help!

1. How do I make the chicken tender and juicy in 30 minutes?

One way to ensure tender and juicy chicken in 30 minutes is to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before cooking. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from drying out.

2. Can I use frozen chicken for the 30 Minute Chicken Show recipe?

It is not recommended to use frozen chicken for this recipe as it will take longer to cook and may result in unevenly cooked chicken. It is best to use thawed chicken for this 30 minute recipe.

3. Can I substitute the chicken for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with another protein such as fish or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. What are some side dish options to serve with the 30 Minute Chicken Show?

Some great side dish options to serve with the 30 Minute Chicken Show are roasted vegetables, rice, quinoa, or a mixed green salad.

5. Can I make the 30 Minute Chicken Show recipe in advance?

While the chicken is best served fresh, you can prepare the marinade and marinate the chicken for up to 24 hours in advance. When ready to cook, simply follow the 30-minute recipe instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • leftymac