• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are I Remember When and Body Shop at Home Closing Down?

In summary, an e-mail was received from a team member announcing that two independent consultants from "I Remember When" and "Body Shop at Home" were closing. The Body Shop at Home division will be discontinued, but the stores and online shopping will still be available. A consultant shares her frustration and disappointment at the news. There is also mention of a former National Sales Manager who went to The Body Shop at Home and a negative experience with a consultant at a show. A friend of the writer is a Body Shop consultant and is upset about the closure. The writer expresses sadness for her friend and admiration for the products.
baychef
Silver Member
Just received an e-mail from a team member who was sent letters from independent consultants from "I Remember When" (scrap booking) and "Body Shop at Home". Both were announcements to their customers that their companies are closing.

Wow! REally? That's terrible...... I just bought some stuff from a body shop at home company. Sad.

Body shop at home has stores too. I wonder if those will close too or just the DS part.

I found this on a blog....It pains me to type this.......I am still in shock. The Body Shop has decided to discontinue their At Home Division!!!!!!! They will stop trading at midnight April 30th, 2009. The stores will still be there, and you can shop online, as well. It is just the Home division that is affected. I LOVE this company and the core values it stands for, and I have LOVED being an At Home consultant. I am numb and not sure what to do now!!

I am going to try to fill my calender with as many parties as I can. All my customers will also get a free Love Your Body discount card to use in the stores.

I'm not looking for a bunch of pms trying to get me to join your company, so please don't pm me with them. I was just looking for a place to vent my frustration!!! Thanks, everyone!!

I don't think either of those ever made it to WI. I've never heard of them. Although we do have a Body Shop at a mall in town. We are so lucky to be with PC.

Kristi, did you cut and paste your message from somewhere else?Didn't Jo Price (former National Sales Manager) go to Body Shop at Home? She should have stuck with PC. Her loss...

DebbieJ said:
Didn't Jo Price (former National Sales Manager) go to Body Shop at Home? She should have stuck with PC. Her loss...

Yes she did... and you're right... her loss.

PS: I went to a Body Shop show and the consultant was horrible, rude, condescending and bullied everyone to have a show. 2nd worst home show experience I've ever had. (Princess House was first - 2 shows in 15 years and both with awful... because of the consultants. Sad.)

I had a body shop at home show and worked hard for her. She was a director and did no host coaching (but then she knew I was a PC director so maybe she assumed?). It was supposed to be a switch of shows but she disappeared once we closed the body shop show. Never returned a call. That show was the last straw on exchanging shows for me. Now if someone wants to I insist that the PC show is first.

I hate that The Body Shop at Home is closing. A friend of mine is a Consultant and has done quite well with the company!

DebbieJ said:
Kristi, did you cut and paste your message from somewhere else?

Didn't Jo Price (former National Sales Manager) go to Body Shop at Home? She should have stuck with PC. Her loss...

Yes I did, read above my post, I put : "I found this on a blog"

My best friend is a Body Shop consultant and they were so small that she sat with Jo Price at Conference once. Jo was offered a great opportunity with them and any of us would have taken it. She was never disrespectful of our company and only had great things to say. She was an asset to both companies and we should hope that she is able to quickly move on.

Sorry I am not trying to make anyone upset but my best friend did really well with this and absolutely loved it so she is really upset now. We have always been supportive of each others businesses and so I feel her saddness. Plus I really love their products and we don't have a store near us.

cheftiffany said:
My best friend is a Body Shop consultant and they were so small that she sat with Jo Price at Conference once. Jo was offered a great opportunity with them and any of us would have taken it. She was never disrespectful of our company and only had great things to say. She was an asset to both companies and we should hope that she is able to quickly move on.

Sorry I am not trying to make anyone upset but my best friend did really well with this and absolutely loved it so she is really upset now. We have always been supportive of each others businesses and so I feel her saddness. Plus I really love their products and we don't have a store near us.

It is quite sad because a lot of people will now be out of work, both Consultants and I am sure quite a few corporate people.

bethcooks4u said:
I had a body shop at home show and worked hard for her. She was a director and did no host coaching (but then she knew I was a PC director so maybe she assumed?). It was supposed to be a switch of shows but she disappeared once we closed the body shop show. Never returned a call. That show was the last straw on exchanging shows for me. Now if someone wants to I insist that the PC show is first.

One of my Daddy's favorite sayings.....Never assume anything. Just makes an a$$ out of you AND me.........

Not saying that about you Beth;).It just came into my mind when I read your post!

amy07 said:
One of my Daddy's favorite sayings.....Never assume anything. Just makes an a$$ out of you AND me.........

Not saying that about you Beth;).It just came into my mind when I read your post!

I know! I thought of that when I typed it.

Personally, I always treat hosts like they've never hosted before - even past consultants. If it is someone who has hosted a lot or was a consultant I tell them that I like to go over everything in case there's something they forgot or changed or they weren't aware of - and then afterwards I ask if it was helpful - they always say it was.

finley1991 said:
Yes she did... and you're right... her loss.

PS: I went to a Body Shop show and the consultant was horrible, rude, condescending and bullied everyone to have a show. 2nd worst home show experience I've ever had. (Princess House was first - 2 shows in 15 years and both with awful... because of the consultants. Sad.)

That IS sad because I have had a Princess House party every year for 9 years (almost signed up with them) and a Body Shop at home party for the last couple of years. I LOVE both of my consultants! I should call my body shop consultant...she mentioned to me long ago if she didn't do that she would consider pc...

Christ Follower said:
That IS sad because I have had a Princess House party every year for 9 years (almost signed up with them) and a Body Shop at home party for the last couple of years. I LOVE both of my consultants! I should call my body shop consultant...she mentioned to me long ago if she didn't do that she would consider pc...

Yea!!! Get on that phone!

It is sad to see this. Everyone needs to have a product they love and believe it. Also, it would be a boring world if the only DS companies left in the world were PC!!!

I miss Jo Price! The ONLY complaint I had was that soon after she left, I received several e-mails from Body Shop. It just made me wonder if some of our e-mail addresses may have traveled their way. I hope not, but it was quite a fluke that it all happened at the same time.

PS: I need to add that I love products from both Body Shop and PH, it was the consultants that I had a problem with. Thankfully being in direct sales has taught me that the behavior of the consultant is not a reflection on the company, although it's hard to see that sometimes. I use these examples to remind my TEAM that we represent PC as a whole and need to conduct ourselves appropriately. :angel:(This said after I just gotten off the phone with an angry consultant!) :(

What does the "2 More Ds Companies Closing..." announcement mean for Pampered Chef?

The "2 More Ds Companies Closing..." announcement refers to the closure of two direct sales companies, namely Damsel in Defense and Dot Dot Smile. As a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is not directly affected by this announcement and will continue to operate as usual.

Will Pampered Chef be affected by the closure of Damsel in Defense and Dot Dot Smile?

No, Pampered Chef is a separate company and will not be affected by the closure of Damsel in Defense and Dot Dot Smile. Our business operations and sales will continue as normal.

What does this announcement mean for Pampered Chef consultants and customers?

This announcement does not have any direct impact on Pampered Chef consultants and customers. We will continue to provide high-quality products and services as usual, and our business will not be affected by the closure of Damsel in Defense and Dot Dot Smile.

Why are Damsel in Defense and Dot Dot Smile closing?

The closure of Damsel in Defense and Dot Dot Smile is due to changes in the direct sales industry and the company's financial performance. As a separate company, Pampered Chef continues to thrive and grow in the direct sales market.

Is Pampered Chef affiliated with Damsel in Defense or Dot Dot Smile?

No, Pampered Chef is not affiliated with Damsel in Defense or Dot Dot Smile. We are a separate company and operate independently from each other. Our focus remains on providing high-quality kitchen tools and experiences to our consultants and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinkaren99
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • byrd1956