• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Why Can't I Seem to Satisfy This Customer?

In summary, the customer called me a few months back to order something and I e-mailed her. The e-mail came back undeliverable and I sent it again, thinking I might have misunderstood her e-mail address. The customer called me 2x after that and left voicemails. The customer called me tonight and was mad that I never e-mailed her. The customer said that I talk too fast and that I'm a poopy-head. The customer also said that she doesn't deserve me. The customer ordered a $202 wr order from me. Now that is what you deserve, Colleen!!! Congratulations!!!
finley1991
I just got an angry call from a customer. She called me a few months back (definitely since the beginning of the year but I can't remember when...) and said she found my name on a catalog (she lives over an hour from me) and wanted to order something. She asked me to e-mail her and I did. The e-mail came back undeliverable and I sent it again, thinking I might have misunderstood her e-mail address (she left it on my voicemail.)

I called her 2x after that and left voicemails.

She calls me tonight... pissed... that I never e-mailed her. Then before I could even apologize, she rips me for leaving the voicemail messages as they were too hard for her to understand and that I totally talk too fast. (Which is true BUT I totally slow down when I leave voicemails because I KNOW that I talk too fast).

Regardless.... after she was done chewing me a new one, I told her I would type in her e-mail as we were speaking. It came back undeliverable. So I call her right away and she hangs up on me without even answering. Then I call back (thinking clearly that was just a mistake on her part because I've done that by mistake) and go right into voicemail. I leave ANOTHER voicemail... very slowly this time as I am stick licking my wounds from the earlier conversation and just asked her to e-mail me because I'm doing something wrong and that way I can just respond to her.

Soooo... why is this bothering me so much? My first guess is ego (because I KNOW I leave okay messages because my customers have told me they like them). My second guess is PMS. LOL!

Okay... done whining. That customer is a poopy-head.

Sorry girl. Odds are someone else did something to get her riled up and she's just venting at you. She probably doesn't even KNOW her e-mail address! I had one contact do that ... "I'm not sure if it's [first name]04@... or [first name last name]04@..." I had to e-mail her at both to see which one went through & which one got rejected. I think some people have waaaaaay too many e-mail addresses to keep up with all of them! LOL

I'm so sorry, Colleen. :( This sucks! You're not alone - when these types of things have happened to me with customers, I get totally bent out of shape. It ruins my whole week and I dwell on it too. Just know that you have done all that you can. This may be the type of person who never is happy about anything and likes to rip on the smallest little issue. It's so frustrating, though!! I hope this either gets resolved or blows over so you don't have to deal with her anymore. Ugggg. I hate situations like this! Good luck!

That does stink! I don't see that you did anything wrong in this case. She's the one drinking crazy juice. I'm sorry!

bwahaha! "Crazy juice" That's hilarious!!! ;)

pamperedbecky said:
I'm so sorry, Colleen. :( This sucks! You're not alone - when these types of things have happened to me with customers, I get totally bent out of shape. It ruins my whole week and I dwell on it too. Just know that you have done all that you can. This may be the type of person who never is happy about anything and likes to rip on the smallest little issue. It's so frustrating, though!! I hope this either gets resolved or blows over so you don't have to deal with her anymore. Ugggg. I hate situations like this! Good luck!

UGH...this is so true, Colleen. We are in a service oriented business and when we clearly have given good service but someone drinks the crazy juice (I love it!), we seem to feel that we are totally responsible for their rant.

Do your best to bless and release as soon as possible. Get your WAHOO woman cape out and have it coated with triple coated teflon (just like our pans) on the inside and out!!

She doesn't deserve you!!:chef:

bless and release.. and maybe the universe is telling you that you don't really want this person as a customer???

I guess Karma is smiling on me today! I just got a $202 wr order! YAY!!!! :D

Woo Hoo! :D

finley1991 said:
I guess Karma is smiling on me today! I just got a $202 wr order! YAY!!!! :D

Now THAT is what you deserve!! Congratulations, Colleen!!!:party:

Very cool!!! :)

HAHAHAHA!!! She actually e-mailed me so I could respond to her!

Wonder if she'll actually order anything.... :rolleyes:

maybe she realizes she is crazy

Maybe she'll order $200+ and blow your mind! ;)

I hate when customers get under our skin like that. Let it roll, baby!

O.M.G.

I need some serious help here because my response to this e-mail is going to be LESS than nice and friendly!!!! Anyone care to write one for me so I can just cut & paste?

Please remember, I have NEVER met this woman... she has NEVER ordered from me before. She found my catalog *somewhere*.

This is the e-mail I received from her this morning...

I would like to but 2-3 scrapers - am not really in a hurry ... although the sooner the better :D
Am wondering if there are any deals for purchasing a set? Ofr is you have any upcoming sales? Or if you offer any birthday month specials :) My birthday just passed 5/9

I have a big project and will have access to my personal email for a couple days. Will check back over hte weekend for your answers.

I'm assuming she meant that she won't have access to her e-mail but whatevs. :yuck:

Help!

LOL!!! seee the universe is telling you that you don't her as a customer! I hope she means the white scrapers not the pan scrapers!

I'd just send her an email and quote her the price for all of the scrapers with DIRECT SHIPPING!!! and see if she answers you.

Here's what I would send:

If you are referring to the brown Pan Scrapers (that you use to clean the stoneware), those come in a set of 3 for $2.75 + the applicable tax rate for your zip code. However, the direct shipping rate is $6.50, so you might want to view the online catalog to see if there's anything else you want to help justify the shipping cost: http://s7ondemand5.scene7.com/s7ondemand/brochure/flash_brochure.jsp?company=ThePamperedChef&sku=1417ss11&config=ThePamperedChef/PamperedChef09&zoomwidth=1100&zoomheight=887&cb=www.pamperedchef.biz/sheiladacey&urlpb=page%3dproducts-detail%26fromCatalog%3d1417ss11

If you are referring to the white Handy Scraper (that you use to move food off the cutting board), they are $6.50 each so your cost would be $13.00 for two + the applicable tax rate for your zip code and you would still be in the $6.50 direct shipping rate category.

May is the month that we have the special PINK items available with $1 of each item going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation to Help Whip Cancer. If you are a pink fan, you can get the pink items in May only. Guests of shows who spend $60 or more (before tax/shipping) can qualify for a Guest Special. I have a show closing on ________ so if you are have at least $60 on your order (before tax/shipping) and are okay with waiting until _________ for the order to be placed, I can put you on that host's show and you could qualify to get the Help Whip Cancer Coupon Holder for free: http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/public/us/pdf/gs_11may.pdf

The Monthly Guest special is the only special offer I have right now for guests. If you are interested in hosting a show, that's how you could get lots of items off your wish list for free & at a discount. Our Hosts never pay full price for items at their shows AND they get 10% off any other orders they place for a full year after their show. If you are interested in learning more about hosting your own show, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. ;)

Or she could be referring to scrapers like Mix N Sraper, Classic Scraper, etc... would need to mention those in the email too.

Good luck - sounds like an interesting one!

Thanks for all of your help! I think she is referring to the Classic Scraper, etc but don't want to assume!!!!I'll send it off and see what happens! Thanks again for the words Sheila! :)

Sheila said:
$1 of each item going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation to Help Whip Cancer.

Just an FYI on this part Sheila... the money is not raised for the Komen Foundation... it's raised for the ACS. Just want to make sure you're passing along the correct info to your customers...

Thanks again for your help! :candyheart:

Oh dear...my son's birthday is 5/9:party:...do you have a special for him as well? He prefer's a Bud Lite and does not need any PC products!!

My question for her is did she pass any English class or ever win a spelling bee? But I am sure you would like to tell her that your fanny is still recovering for the last a:money: chewing she did and you are not sure you are healed enough to deal with such a fine customer such as her!!:D

Ann you crack me up!!!!I don't even know what to think about the spelling/grammar!!!! :yuck:

finley1991 said:
Just an FYI on this part Sheila... the money is not raised for the Komen Foundation... it's raised for the ACS. Just want to make sure you're passing along the correct info to your customers...

OMG, no! I didn't know. I've been telling people SGK Foundation for 3 years. Did it used to be them or was I smoking crack the first time I read the HWC info? :eek:

Thanks for the correction! ;)

Sheila said:
OMG, no! I didn't know. I've been telling people SGK Foundation for 3 years. Did it used to be them or was I smoking crack the first time I read the HWC info? :eek:

Thanks for the correction! ;)

Ummm... I'd hate to call it smoking crack but for as long as I can remember, it's only been the ACS... :rolleyes:

finley1991 said:
Ummm... I'd hate to call it smoking crack but for as long as I can remember, it's only been the ACS... :rolleyes:
Yep - in fact, PC was doing HWC before people had even heard of Susan B. Komen.That's why our month for HWC is May, and not Oct, like SBK - because we had been doing HWC in May before October was ever declared Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

finley1991 said:

One of the ladies on my team works for the ACS headquarters here in Atlanta and she passed this on to us:

How are the funds/contributions specifically used?
They support ACS’s efforts to save lives and create a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays.

The Society is saving lives by:

Helping people stay well from breast cancer
• With guidelines for proper nutrition/physical activity and breast cancer screenings that help doctors and average Americans understand how to reduce breast cancer risk and what tests they need to find breast cancer at its earliest, most treatable stage.

Helping people facing breast cancer get well
• Available around the clock to guide people facing breast cancer through every step of their cancer experience.
• Offering one-on-one support from breast cancer survivors who have been there (Reach to Recovery®), programs to help with beauty techniques during treatment (Look Good…Feel Better®), free wigs through wig banks where available, assistance with daily challenges such as transportation and lodging, and assistance to help make informed decisions about care.

Fighting back against breast cancer
• Because every woman deserves access to breast cancer screenings and treatment, ACS continues to work with their advocacy affiliate, the American Cancer Society Cancer Action NetworkSM (ACS CAN), to help increase funding for programs like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP). This successful program provides low-income, uninsured and underinsured women access to mammograms, follow-up care and treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

What can my contribution really do?
• $15 can provide a personal health manager information kit
• $20 can provide a ride/transportation to treatment ($40 for a round-trip)
• $50 can provide a prescription for pain and nausea medication

Colleen...glad I could make you chuckle while dealing with this whacko!

Linda, thank you for the great post!!! Recently, I have been re-united with my late ex-husband's (his name is Bob) family and they have been very gracious in accepting me back. Bob's neice, Emily, is 32 and is battling stage 4 breast cancer...she is doing remarkable and it is under control. Bob's other neice, Sarah is cancer free but their Mom had a lumpectomy in late December and has just finished her rounds of radiation. She is now cancer free.

I gave Emily and Sara their own HWC cake servers recently when we saw each other. They were thrilled with them! I also explained how the HWC campaign works.

We did not talk PC hardly at all that day, but Emily & Sarah's aunt said that she had a call while I was there from a neighbor. The neighbor drove by and saw my van with the PC logo...wondered why she was not invited to the PC party!!! Too funny. Advertising works!:)

finley1991 said:

That's a long-time joke with my Police Crowd ... since NONE of us did crack we used to joke about it when we'd do something silly. ;) I've said it so much in the last 25 years that I often forget not everyone GETS the joke! LOL

Sheila said:
That's a long-time joke with my Police Crowd ... since NONE of us did crack we used to joke about it when we'd do something silly. ;) I've said it so much in the last 25 years that I often forget not everyone GETS the joke! LOL

I KNEW you weren't serious... I was just guessing that the glue might have been uncapped at the time! ;)

pamperedlinda said:
One of the ladies on my team works for the ACS headquarters here in Atlanta and she passed this on to us:

How are the funds/contributions specifically used?
They support ACS’s efforts to save lives and create a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays.

The Society is saving lives by:

Helping people stay well from breast cancer
• With guidelines for proper nutrition/physical activity and breast cancer screenings that help doctors and average Americans understand how to reduce breast cancer risk and what tests they need to find breast cancer at its earliest, most treatable stage.

Helping people facing breast cancer get well
• Available around the clock to guide people facing breast cancer through every step of their cancer experience.
• Offering one-on-one support from breast cancer survivors who have been there (Reach to Recovery®), programs to help with beauty techniques during treatment (Look Good…Feel Better®), free wigs through wig banks where available, assistance with daily challenges such as transportation and lodging, and assistance to help make informed decisions about care.

Fighting back against breast cancer
• Because every woman deserves access to breast cancer screenings and treatment, ACS continues to work with their advocacy affiliate, the American Cancer Society Cancer Action NetworkSM (ACS CAN), to help increase funding for programs like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP). This successful program provides low-income, uninsured and underinsured women access to mammograms, follow-up care and treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

What can my contribution really do?
• $15 can provide a personal health manager information kit
• $20 can provide a ride/transportation to treatment ($40 for a round-trip)
• $50 can provide a prescription for pain and nausea medication

This is also on Consultant's Corner under the HWC info....

1. Why can't I seem to satisfy this customer?

It's possible that the customer may have had a bad experience in the past with the company or a previous consultant, leading to a negative perception. It's also possible that there may have been miscommunication or misunderstanding that has caused frustration for the customer.

2. Why did the customer get angry when I called her?

The customer may have been frustrated and upset about not receiving a response to her initial email and may have been expecting an apology or explanation. She may also have been having a bad day or may have been dealing with other unrelated issues that contributed to her anger.

3. Is it my fault for not responding to her email?

It's important to always respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner. However, if the customer's email address was incorrect or if there were technical issues that prevented you from receiving the email, it may not be entirely your fault.

4. Why is this situation bothering me so much?

It's natural to feel upset and frustrated when a customer is unhappy with your service. It's important to remember to not take it personally and to address the situation calmly and professionally.

5. How should I handle this situation going forward?

It's important to reach out to the customer and apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstandings. Offer to assist her in placing an order or addressing any concerns she may have. It's also important to communicate clearly and effectively in the future to avoid similar situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • finley1991