• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Zest Crab Salas in Cucumber Boats

In summary, to make Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats, you will need 1 large English cucumber, 8 oz. lump crabmeat, 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1/4 cup diced celery, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time by storing the crab salad mixture in the refrigerator and then scooping it into the cucumber boats when ready to serve. Other types of seafood such as shrimp or
PamperedCaniac
Zesty crab SALAD - sorry for the typo! Anyone tried this?? If so how is is? I need to make something pretty yet SIMPLE for a party I am going to tonight with a about 12 ladies (Bunko - never been before)

I have a lot of these ingredients and only need to buy the cuccumber and the crabmeat. If not any other suggestions????

Zesty crab salad is definitely a great go-to for a party. It's fairly simple to make and can be served as a main dish or as an appetizer. To make the salad, you'll need: - 2 cups cooked crabmeat - 1 cucumber, diced- 1/4 cup diced red onion- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley- 2 tablespoons olive oil- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder- Salt and pepper, to taste Instructions:1. In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, cucumber, red onion, red bell pepper, and parsley.2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.3. Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss to combine.4. Serve chilled or at room temperature.Hope that helps!

I haven't tried the zesty crab salad, but it sounds delicious! I love anything with crab in it. As for suggestions, you could also make a simple shrimp cocktail or a caprese salad with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Both are easy to make and always a hit at parties. Good luck with your Bunko night!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats?

To make Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats, you will need 1 large English cucumber, 8 oz. lump crabmeat, 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1/4 cup diced celery, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats ahead of time. Simply prepare the crab salad mixture and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, scoop the mixture into the cucumber boats and garnish with fresh herbs.

3. Can I substitute the crabmeat with another type of seafood?

Yes, you can substitute the lump crabmeat with other types of seafood such as shrimp or lobster. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different from using crabmeat.

4. How do I properly scoop out the seeds from the cucumber?

To scoop out the seeds from the cucumber, use a small spoon or melon baller. Start at one end of the cucumber and gently scrape out the seeds, making sure not to puncture the skin. You can also use a small knife to carefully cut out the seeds.

5. Can I use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise?

Yes, you can substitute the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt for a healthier option. However, the taste and texture of the crab salad may be slightly different. You can also use a combination of both mayonnaise and Greek yogurt for a lighter version.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • JaimeAnnR
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • AJPratt