• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Cheap and Easy Salad Recipe for a Ladies Summer Salad Supper?

In summary, the Ladies Summer Salad Supper at church tomorrow night but have not picked a sald to take yet. Any suggestions on something easy and cheap to make? Can I write the salad off on taxes if I am showing PC products with it? What about this in the trifle bowl?
jrstephens
I have a Ladies Summer Salad Supper at church tomorrow night but have not picked a sald to take yet.

Any suggestions on something easy and cheap to make?

I would love something to take in the collapsable bowl and use the outdoor utensils to serve with but I know it will need to be a big salad for that and I do not want to spend a lot on it.

Can I write the salad off on taxes if I am showing PC products with it?

What about this in the trifle bowl? (BTW- yes...I DO write off recipes like this that I "donate" and use PC products with...hoping to get my name out there!)

Hi ladies! Here is my recipe...the salad dressing is a guess on the amounts, since I just make it up without measuring! LOL

Layer in trifle bowl:
(Change ingredients to your taste!)

Lettuce (can use shredded iceburg or whatever you like! I used one bag of Romaine and Iceburg mix.)
Red Onion (about 1/2 cup?)
Cheese (I used queso fresco yesterday..a mild mexican cheese that crumbles like feta but tastes like Farmers or Motzarella. Use any kind you like! I have used cheddar, or monterey Jack...)
Peas (one half of a bag of frozen peas, thawed)
Red Pepper (one, diced)
Bacon
Hard Boiled eggs, quartered (I think I used 5)

Dressing:
1 c. Miracle Whip (NOT MAYO)
2-3 T. vinegar (plain white or white wine vinegar)
1-2 T. sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
(You can stop there and it's really good. Yesterday I added some of our Dill seasoning mix too!)

Assemble and keep refrigerated till ready to serve. Pour dressing all over the top right before serving.

The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is good, cheap, and easy. Not sure if you want it in the Collaps. Bowl--didn't people say it was staining? Not sure on that though.

The Satay Chicken Pasta Salad is so yummy also.

BTW- I know you said collapsable bowl...but that would be ONE BIG SALAD!

Oh! I just thought of a salad that is really big...not sure of the correct name, but it's a Chinese Cabbage Chicken salad that you use the ramen noodles (raw, but broken up) and it makes a TON! Look on allrecipes.com if that one sounds good!

Strawberry Spinach salad will get rave reviews if you can afford the strawberries. So good, showy, yummy - especially for a womens group.

The collaspable bowl is huge. I may do better using the trifle bowl. And I cost more if people wanted to buy it, ha! I also have the SA large square white bowl too.

I thought about doing the MS Cornbread Salad that has been a hit at shows in the past. I do it in the trifle bowl.

Kelly, I think I did see that salad on allrecipes. Have u tried it?

Has anyone ever had this one: It is in one of the Trifle Booklets on here

Layered Picnic Pasta Salad
Ingredients
12 oz. bow ties or other medium pasta shape
½ cup vinaigrette salad dressing
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
3 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 oz. proscuitto, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
3 tbsp. parmesan cheese, freshly grated

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Return to cooking pan and toss with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing.
Transfer half of pasta to Trifle Bowl.
Layer peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, and proscuitto on pasta. Top with remaining pasta. Sprinkle with basil and pour remaining dressing evenly over salad.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve at once or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Toss right before serving to evenly coat dressing.

jrstephens said:
The collaspable bowl is huge. I may do better using the trifle bowl. And I cost more if people wanted to buy it, ha! I also have the SA large square white bowl too.

I thought about doing the MS Cornbread Salad that has been a hit at shows in the past. I do it in the trifle bowl.

Kelly, I think I did see that salad on allrecipes. Have u tried it?

The recipe I posted is kindof mine...I think I was looking on allrecipes and didn't have all of the ingredients...or didn't like some of the ingredients they called for. So, I changed it up to make it "mine"!!

EVERY TIME that I make this salad, people eat it all up and are asking for the recipe. The "dressing" is a guess at the ingredients...just taste it and see if it's sweet and/or tangy enough for you and adjust from there...I never measure when making the dressing!

I have been doing the Colossal Chopping Salad served in the collapsible bowl and the Cheeseburger Salad served in the large dots Simple Additions bowl.

What ingredients do I need for a cheap and easy salad?

To make a cheap and easy salad, you will need a base of greens (such as lettuce, spinach, or arugula), some vegetables (such as cucumber, carrots, and bell peppers), a protein (such as grilled chicken or chickpeas), and a dressing (such as balsamic vinaigrette or ranch).

Can I use pre-packaged salad mix for this recipe?

Yes, using pre-packaged salad mix can be a convenient and affordable option for a cheap and easy salad. Just make sure to check the expiration date and give the mix a good rinse before using.

How can I make this salad more filling without breaking the budget?

Adding inexpensive ingredients like beans, grains (such as quinoa or couscous), or hard boiled eggs can help make the salad more filling without adding extra cost. You can also bulk up the salad with more vegetables.

What are some budget-friendly dressing options?

You can make your own dressing at home using simple ingredients like olive oil, vinegar, and herbs. Another option is to use a simple combination of lemon juice and olive oil. You can also look for store-brand dressings or buy them in bulk to save money.

Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, this salad can be made ahead of time. Just keep the dressing separate and add it before serving to avoid soggy greens. You can also prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the salad when you are ready to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • khergatt
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • PCSarahjm