• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yummy Red Potato Recipe for Chicken Dinner

In summary, Kris suggests boiling the potatoes in salted water, slathering them in butter and parsley, and adding salt/pepper to taste. She also suggests using the Italian seasoning, or the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Does anyone have a yummy recipe for the small red potatoes? I am making chicken tonight and wanted to use the potatoes for a side. Thanks ahead of time.

Boil them in SALTED water (enough that it tastes like sea water...)

Then, slather them in butter and parsley, and add salt/pepper to taste.

Boiling potatoes or pasta in SALTED water makes a huge difference in the end result!

Grilling them is really good.

Try this one: You'l need olive oil, Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix.

Heat the oven to 350-375.

Slice the potatos in half (smaller pieces if you don't have a lot of time)
Pour olive oil over the potatos and add Rosemary Herb Mix (it can be quite a bit)

Distrubute evenly over a bar pan and roast @45 minutes. They're done when they have a nice roasted look and are soft to the touch.

Sorry this recipe isn't too exact...but it is hard to really mess up.
P.S. The Rosemary Herb seasoning great on other roasted veggies as well.

legacypc46 said:
Try this one: You'l need olive oil, Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix.

Heat the oven to 350-375.

Slice the potatos in half (smaller pieces if you don't have a lot of time)
Pour olive oil over the potatos and add Rosemary Herb Mix (it can be quite a bit)

Distrubute evenly over a bar pan and roast @45 minutes. They're done when they have a nice roasted look and are soft to the touch.

Sorry this recipe isn't too exact...but it is hard to really mess up.
P.S. The Rosemary Herb seasoning great on other roasted veggies as well.
That sounds so good! BUT...Would you believe this is the only seasoning I don't have??? Any substitutes?

chefkristin said:
That sounds so good! BUT...Would you believe this is the only seasoning I don't have??? Any substitutes?

Use the Italian Seasoning... that should work and I think it has some Rosemary in it.

PamperChefCarol said:
Use the Italian Seasoning... that should work and I think it has some Rosemary in it.
MMM! Good Idea!! I was thinking of maybe drizzling with some italian dressing. What do you think?

KellyTheChef said:
Boil them in SALTED water (enough that it tastes like sea water...)

Then, slather them in butter and parsley, and add salt/pepper to taste.

Boiling potatoes or pasta in SALTED water makes a huge difference in the end result!

This is exactly what I do with them - but first I peel just a strip around them - just one strip.

Put them in a cream sauce with peas.

Sounds good. I don't think you would need the dressing, but you could try it. Add the dressing to some of the potatoes and not to some and see which way you like best. I love roasted potatoes!

mmmm, the italian seasoning sounds good too....i don't know about the italian dressing...i like mary's suggestion of trying some with it and some with the olive oil (though i am seriously partial to the latter)

the rosemary mix is my favorite...it's not only good on veggies, it's dynamite on pork and chicken.

legacypc46 said:
mmmm, the italian seasoning sounds good too....i don't know about the italian dressing...i like mary's suggestion of trying some with it and some with the olive oil (though i am seriously partial to the latter)

the rosemary mix is my favorite...it's not only good on veggies, it's dynamite on pork and chicken.
I think I have to order some Rosemary Mix.:eek:

I use the microcooker--quarter the potatoes and put them in the microcooker with sour cream, butter, garlic, and whatever seasoning that you like. Microwave until they are soft and yummy--Almost like "smashed" potatoes. (keep the skins on them)

They are very good

pletcherdee said:
I use the microcooker--quarter the potatoes and put them in the microcooker with sour cream, butter, garlic, and whatever seasoning that you like. Microwave until they are soft and yummy--Almost like "smashed" potatoes. (keep the skins on them)

They are very good
OOOHHH! That sounds good too! And EASY!!

I put italian dressing and all purpose dill mix in a bowl and let them sit for about 1/2 hour and then I put them on skewer and grill them on medium for about 5 minutes on each side. I also like to put other veggies with them, such as green & red peppers, red onions, tomatoes, squash.

hey kristin, thanks for starting this thread. good thing DH loves potatoes, 'cause i think we're going to be have them a lot this week!

kris (the other kristin)

Here's my favorite: cube the potatoes, toss them in olive oil in a large ziplock, then add an envelope of dry Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix. Toss some more. Then bake in large bar pan for 30 minutes.

TwinGirlsMom said:
Here's my favorite: cube the potatoes, toss them in olive oil in a large ziplock, then add an envelope of dry Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix. Toss some more. Then bake in large bar pan for 30 minutes.
Oh now that sounds yummy!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

I simply cut up the potatoes and make foil packs with a small cube of butter, season salt, and purple onion...throw them on the bbq for at least 30 minutes...the onions caramelize and it is SOOOO yummy...we are having this with dinner tonight :)

TwinGirlsMom said:
That sounds really good. I'll be trying that one soon.

ughubug said:
I simply cut up the potatoes and make foil packs with a small cube of butter, season salt, and purple onion...throw them on the bbq for at least 30 minutes...the onions caramelize and it is SOOOO yummy...we are having this with dinner tonight :)
That sounds really good too! DH loves onions. It's really great because he will cut them for me.

Ok so I just cut them in half and put some Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning in the packet with some Grapeseed oil and Garlic salt. I put the same on the chicken breast. I have them cooking on Bar Pan right now. I can't wait to try it!!! Thanks everyone, I am going to have to try all these ideas!!!

We LOVE the Roasted Potato Bites!!! YUMMY with steak!!

Cubed PotatoesI cut the potatoes in cubes
Season with some olive oil enough to lightly coat then
Toss cubed potatoes with 1 packet liption's onion soup mix.
I also add some mesquite grill seasoning I get from California or you can add Pampered Chef's Rosemary seasoning
Then I cut up 1/2 stick of Butter on top.
Cook uncovered 375 degrees for about 45 min. in Cranberry Baker
Stirring twice.
They are delicious.
Ann

Garlic SmashedCooking them in the rice cooker with milk, butter and garlic and then smashing with the mix 'n masher is my family's favorite!!

Jill

Mine Too!!
legacypc46 said:

I do the rosemary seasoning and olive oil roasted potatoes all the time. What's even better is if you use the garlic infused olive oil and rosemary seasoning. I have to reorder that seasoning on a regular basis!! It's also yummy to do it with asparagus as well!!

TwinGirlsMom said:

This is one of my family's FAVORITES!! It's nice cuz you really don't need a lot of oil- just squish the bag around till they are all coated and then add in the seasoning mix and squish some more!

Two ways I like them:
One way is very southern, like my nanny used to make when I was a little girl and I still do today:
Cut them up in 1" pieces - you can peel some. Place in large saucepan with 1 stick of melted butter and some garlic cloves (pressed in our press) salt and pepper. No water. Cover and just let cook over low to medium heat for about 20 - 30 minutes. Stir every 5 min or so. Some will get brown and a little crusty and thats when they are good! You can add a chopped up onion too.

The other way is like posted above - toss with olive oil and add some of our Rosemary Seasoning and salt and pepper.....Roast in the large bar pan for about 45 minutes. I like to add some sliced zucchini, onion and green pepper too. This way - with your meat -and maybe some corn or sliced tomatoes - you've got the yummiest meal!

1. What are the ingredients needed for the "Yummy Red Potato Recipe for Chicken Dinner"?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are red potatoes, chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs such as rosemary or thyme.

2. How do I prepare the potatoes for this recipe?

The potatoes should be washed and cut into bite-sized cubes. You can leave the skin on or peel it off, depending on your preference.

3. Can I substitute the chicken for a different protein?

Yes, you can use any protein of your choice for this recipe. Pork, beef, or even tofu would work well with the potatoes and seasonings.

4. How long does it take to cook this dish?

The total cook time for this recipe is about 30-35 minutes. However, it may vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts and the type of oven you have.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the potatoes and seasonings ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. When you're ready to cook, simply add the chicken and bake as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara