• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Pampered Chef Home Office!!

maybe.Sounds like you have a great plan! I love the desk you picked. Personally, I think a bright color would really help to set the tone for your business. Maybe something like pink or green?
HEHEHE...so cute. Dont' worry Carolyn. I'll help ya...lol.

dannyzmom said:
OMG - I am doing it...I am showing my mess - LOL
Attached is my nasty desk - my postcard organizer - and my new colored paper racks...
Ya'll are never gonna speak to me again after seeing my desk...

I have seen WORSE!!LOL!!!
I suppose as long as you can find everything then you are good to go! I aspire to be like Jill and have everything on my computer but thus far.....I am still in the fliing cabinet!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Carolyn....WOW!!!! You are a brave (and messy:p ) woman!!! You definately need to have pamperedbecky get you a referral for her professional orgnizer!

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
Attached is my nasty desk - my postcard organizer - and my new colored paper racks...

Picture titled TestShots 105 (Medium) (Medium).jpg

How in the world did you get a picture of my office???

~

whiteyteresa said:
Picture titled TestShots 105 (Medium) (Medium).jpg

How in the world did you get a picture of my office???

~

Aw shucks!!
I feel all warm & fuzzy now!

Hey Carolyn, I don't feel so bad about my desk:p Just kidding. I love you gals' paper organizer thingy....loving all the baskets too.....plus the space in general. I want my own space so bad!

Hey Becky, nice new pic:)

lacychef said:
Hey Carolyn, I don't feel so bad about my desk:p Just kidding. I love you gals' paper organizer thingy....loving all the baskets too.....plus the space in general. I want my own space so bad!

My paper organizer...I got 4 for the shelves at a yard sale for 50c...and DH got me the other 6 for Xmas at Staples or Office Max or one of those places. They're Rubbermaid

dannyzmom said:
My paper organizer...I got 4 for the shelves at a yard sale for 50c...and DH got me the other 6 for Xmas at Staples or Office Max or one of those places. They're Rubbermaid

Get a load of ME giving out organizational tips - bahahahahaha!!!

great thread :)
of course I just purged my office and started looking on my computer for a recent but pre-purge pick. I am, to put it gently, office challenged.
I was looking at the pics and thinking....hey none of these are bad I have to find a pic.....then came Carolyn! I would have never guessed!!!!
You must have that same office gene missing as me!
I will upload a new pic of my organizing in progress office.
I can't have Carolyn be the only one!

My paper organizer came from Sams, I had 2 styles from there but DS has the nicer one for all his sheet music.
Teresa

okay... Here is my cleaner office!
Note the split screen with Netwinner :)
Much better than it was a week ago. I cleaned and threw out 6 Big Black Lawn & Leaf bags of Junk!
good riddance!

Attachments

• Picture 078 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 078 (Medium).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 609
  • Picture 079 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 079 (Medium).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 557
  • Picture 077 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 077 (Medium).jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 558
lacychef said:
THanks! :D

I like that paper organizer too. I have just a short 3 stack one and it's NOT enough. I'm SO tempted to go out and get one, but I should wait for the organizer to give me some suggestions. Too bad she doesn't travel to Florida.:p Although I"m sure she would, but those travel expenses would be too much.:)

My daughter was looking at the pics with me today and she said mom why can't you be normal?
I don't allow anything on my fridge, my bulletin board has a pink breast cancer ribbon from a friend, ticket stubs from our Vince Gill concert & my son's college address.
I HATE the paper sorter because I am the type that only wants to be surrounded by "cutesy" stuff & I haven't figured out a way to disquise it yet. my kitchenaid on my counter is another "obstacle" but it's too heavy to move when I need it..
We were at our best friend's house over the holidays and she still had her kids dental appt cards & camp info on her fridge from '03 Her house does give me the willys!! They eat out alot because they have no space on the dining room or kitchen table. Once her son's jacket was lost & they looked for months. When they moved we found it under the dining room table.

Teresa

Koolotus said:
okay... Here is my cleaner office!
Note the split screen with Netwinner :)
Much better than it was a week ago. I cleaned and threw out 6 Big Black Lawn & Leaf bags of Junk!
good riddance!

OMG your desk is immaculate!!

How dod you do the split screen thing??

Teresa Lynn said:
My daughter was looking at the pics with me today and she said mom why can't you be normal?
I don't allow anything on my fridge, my bulletin board has a pink breast cancer ribbon from a friend, ticket stubs from our Vince Gill concert & my son's college address.
I HATE the paper sorter because I am the type that only wants to be surrounded by "cutesy" stuff & I haven't figured out a way to disquise it yet. my kitchenaid on my counter is another "obstacle" but it's too heavy to move when I need it..
We were at our best friend's house over the holidays and she still had her kids dental appt cards & camp info on her fridge from '03 Her house does give me the willys!! They eat out alot because they have no space on the dining room or kitchen table. Once her son's jacket was lost & they looked for months. When they moved we found it under the dining room table.

Teresa

What about making or purchasing a cover for your KA? That will help to hide it a little! And you could even do the same sort of thing for the paper sorter. if it is huge, then hang a cute piece of fabric over it.

that really isn't my style. I grew up with a seamstress mom and everything had a quilted (made from an actual quilt design not plain quilted fabric) including out toilet tissue holder.

Carolyn.
To do the split screen just let your cursor rest on the edge of the window you are using. a double side-to-side arrow will come up. Then click and slide to the left or right to make the windows larger or smaller. You can do that with all the windows on your screen so you can do multiple things without having to switch (and wait ) between screens.
***On a side note I am working on many differnt self improvement things at the moment and ALL of them say that I will be more effectiove if I start with a clear desk=clear head.
So I just chucked what I could and then took everything , hole punched it and stuck it in binders.
Not perfect, but it keeps my desk clear.
I have had my desk so high that I couldn't see the computer screen.
6 bags of garbage....that should give you a clue.

Carolyn,
My desk looks the same. I have stuff piled everywhere. Unfortunately the rest of my house is not much better. PC has taken over the house. Th only rooms safe are the boys rooms and not much longer as I am starting hope chests for them for when they move out. I swear this lack of organization is hereditary as my Mom was the same way until she got older and now she is a clean freak. I am counting the days :)

Koolotus said:
***On a side note I am working on many differnt self improvement things at the moment and ALL of them say that I will be more effectiove if I start with a clear desk=clear head.
So I just chucked what I could and then took everything , hole punched it and stuck it in binders.
Not perfect, but it keeps my desk clear.
I have had my desk so high that I couldn't see the computer screen.
6 bags of garbage....that should give you a clue.

Shall I photograph my piles of binders on the floor behind my chair? LOLOLOL

I can't do the split screen - it doesnt give me the double arrow?

you need to click on the square button next to the X at the top of your screen. It should say something like "Restore Down" if you hover over it. This changes the window from stretching to fit the screen, to a size that you can change...and use the double arrows to make it smaller/larger. you can also drag the window around by clicking in the top bar where the X is (on a plain spot)...

You guys are too funny! This thread is great though!:D I will take a picture of my office later today and show you guys.I have a ton of errands to run today (my kitten has a appt at 11 and I have a couple PC products to drop off at various places) but I will not clean it! My hubby and I have cleaned out every room in the beginning of December and we try to do it every 4-6 months. He gets so mad with me too with because everytime we clean, there is 2-3 garbage bags full and I feel like I really don't keep alot!:eek: Oh well!!!
When I send the pic, this is a custom desk that he made for me! He does great woodworking!:D

dannyzmom said:
I forgot to reply about this after you posted it. Thank you! Now I know I'm not alone. I swear paper is going to take over our lives. I do LOVE the postcard organizer. I'll have to read back through the thread to see if you said where you got it. I don't have that many postcards (although I did just order some more from Nancy's), but I"m sure I can put other stuff in there.

That's great that you posted it!! IF there ever is an "after" you'll have to post that too.:D

Carolyn,

NOW I UNDERSTAND why you didn't have an organized inventory list when you were trying to sell stuff on the trading post! Hehe...

Ladies, you have all inspired me to GET an office!!! I have PC paperwork/supplies/stuff in the kitchen (2 cabinets and side counter), dining room (in a separate free standing cabinet), living room (in a shelving unit thingy), basement (all over) and my bedroom (in my nightstand and in the sitting room)!!! I just realized how silly that is and even funnier that my husband never complained about it!!:D Well, I have to admit that it is fairly neat and organized, but it's all spread out all over the house!!

Last edited:
Ok I've been out of commission for awhile... Moving, flu, Christmas, and just getting back on. Believe it or not my PC stuff is between 2 houses. Looking forward to getting organized on the front porch of the house we moved to.

pamperedbecky said:
I forgot to reply about this after you posted it. Thank you! Now I know I'm not alone. I swear paper is going to take over our lives. I do LOVE the postcard organizer. I'll have to read back through the thread to see if you said where you got it. I don't have that many postcards (although I did just order some more from Nancy's), but I"m sure I can put other stuff in there.

That's great that you posted it!! IF there ever is an "after" you'll have to post that too.:D

It's just a hanging shoe organizer - you can get 'em anywhere - i think I got it at Linens & Things

dollfangs said:
Carolyn,
My desk looks the same. I have stuff piled everywhere. Unfortunately the rest of my house is not much better. PC has taken over the house. Th only rooms safe are the boys rooms and not much longer as I am starting hope chests for them for when they move out. I swear this lack of organization is hereditary as my Mom was the same way until she got older and now she is a clean freak. I am counting the days :)

I "think" that I am SO picky is that I grew up in a SO messy house. To get things from my mom, I would clean! So now my house is as close to spotless as I can keep it with 3 kids under 10, a messy DH and a chocolate lab.

Although...I have let things go over the last few weeks. My DH left today for about 6 months and so I need busy work. I am re-doing my kitchen cabinets, pantry, fridge and freezer today. Laundry room tomorrow!!

I just gave my office up to make it a toy room as the toys were taking over everything.

I have all my PC things in a desk drawer and on the shelf next to the desk all filed accordingly. Products and cookbooks are in the kitchen as is a copy of my calendar in case I get a call to book when not upstairs.

suzy

Carolyn you are a brave woman, if I get time I will show you mine. We will see who wins.....

Now I am more excited about getting my spare room together..
Me and my husband decided to make it my office because in the family room where we have the computer and my PC stuff now.. it is being taking over by papers. It,s out of control... So thanks for all the idea,s. I will post it when it done...

Karen Gibb
Consultant
[email protected]

I couldn't wait to finish up at work today and get on here and see what was posted on this thread....HAHAHAHA! Yes Carolyn, I am very proud of you for posting your office....LOL. I will defiinitely help you.

The best tips I can give every one as a Compliance Director since one of my major roles is Document Control and what I am reading from everyone is the amount of paper we consume is to get as much as you can electronic. Every time you all post something of use to me like a flyer, or postcard or recipe on this board, instead of just opening it, I open it, take a look to see if it is something I would use, if it is, I change the info right then and there, and save it in the appropriate folder on my lap top. Dont print it out until you need it. It will just get lost in the shuffle. I don't print anything out until I am going to use it. If I do print it out, I simply put it in my TO DO Folder, with a Sticky on it with what I want to do with it, so that way I know to go back to it.
I brought my lap top to work today so I could post for you all what my categories are that I have in my Pampered Chef Folder on my desk top. It seriously makes life SO much easier. Once you make as much as you can Electronic and get away from Paper, you'll be amazed how organized your work space stays.

Electonic is the way to go!! Jill, when you said that you keep everything together so that you can just hit print when you have to send a host packet, do you put everything into a word document? I have everything in a folder, but have to go into 5 different documents/programs to print each of the things... and I would be interested to see how you do it!TIA

erinyourpclady said:
A labeler is a gal's/guy's best friend! I also label everything Jill!

We have this great little "Smart Label Printer" machine next to some of our desks here where I work. I LOVE THIS LITTLE TOY!! I have GOT to get me one of these for my own business at home!!!

Jilley Sue, you know with your great organization skills have you ever thought of another business as a Professional Organizer!!! I think you could make some serious $$$!!! Seems you may have alot of instant customers right here in our nutty little PC world!!

Cheers

jenniferknapp said:
I don't know why I do not keep myself organized... I am busy, but still...it is so much easier in the long run! I need some motivation or something!! Oh, and procrastination... that is another problem of mine, and I think they work together!!

Jennifer I have to agree with you.. I am the QUEEN of procrastination. But I think it has to do with the fact that I am involved with so much. I have a second business along with PC. It is called "Comfort Cove Designs". I teach quilting and sell my designs. So needless to say I am up to my eyeballs not just in PC stuff but in fabric, threads, needles, lesson plans (I have new courses starting next week), and soooo much more. I have a sewing room AND PC stuff full to be organized. I had hoped to get a start on it a few days ago. I like to take Jan 1st as my first day of organizing things for the new year, but I had my boyfriend visit me for the holidays (well no longer a boyfriend.. sniff sniff... yep.. he sent me an email not 15 minutes ago that he wants to break up... sigh..... a thread for another time... still a bit fresh.) Anyway.... I"m a strong gal. So on top of the organizing I have to cope with being single again and tying up some loose ends with a relationship that changed very quickly.

BUT.. hey onwards and upwards right!! hmmm I think I'll be crackin' open a bottle of bubbly tonight to drown some sorrows.... yep...

Anyway, as for the organizing....I hope to have two quilts I"m working on completed by the end of this weekend THEN I will bounce into my SERIOUS organizing mode!

Cheers

AHH After I get the trash up I will fianlly post since I have talked yall into it when I started the thred! Man I never thought yall would enjoy it soo much! LOL!!! Even when I pick up the trash It STILL is crazy in here! I moved back home for I have my mothers desk that Im using now-next to it my desk from my apt(im trying to sell cause I need more room!)my entertainment center from my apt also looking to sell!! boxes with giftbags & stuff(mom works for hallmark) so yea CLUTTER is my LIFE but not for long!!!!!

I hear ya! I work full time, plus I have my PC business, and I do a lot of freelance web designing! So I have 2 sets of paperwork to organize, etc. and for taxes....oh man! last year I was SO organized with my freelancing related receipts, but this year i slacked, so not only do i have those to get ready, but also my PC ones! oh yeah, and did I mention that I live alone, but go to my hometown every weekend...I leave Friday straight from work and don't get back until Sunday evenings or sometimes go straight to work on Monday mornings! My boyfriend is there, and so is my family (my mom is in a 4 bedroom house all to herself...I feel bad) ....so I try to cram all of my cleaning, web desing work, organizing, plus working 40 hours, Monday-Thursday every week...i need to just find friends here and not go home every weekend, i'd have so much more time to do things!Good luck with your quilts! And I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend...but there must be a reason and you seem like a strong girl :) ...and I HATE it when a guy breaks up with you in an email...that happened to me before!

ChefBurke said:
Jilleysue YEA I'm SOOO Glad yall are having fun with this thread!! I started it because I am remodeling my "office" Once all the trash Is cleaned & it still looks crazy I will post pics-cause its only fair since I started the thread LOL. Yall will see before & finally AFTER pics of my office!!! I am soo organization-challenged! I long for it but it seems out of reach when dealing with a tetthing-now sick baby!!AHHHH!!!! But I did go to joann fabrics & found my fabric I wanna use for drapes! Sooo I'm picking a color from that! My mom is a crafty lady! Sooo We're thinkin corness(cannot spell it!lol) boards for the window treatments. I am attepting to upload the fabric samples to here... Let me know yalls thoughts.. I am leaning towards the longer green one- the texture is neat & I like the leafy print on it.. so my walls are looking to be a bright energy green!!
I like the leafy green print too!! It is not too bright or bold. I think the striped one may be too bold. I want my future office (in that one day future house of my own) but have nice calming colours. I work better in a room like that. I hope you post a photo of your finished office!!

Cheers

jenniferknapp said:
Electonic is the way to go!! Jill, when you said that you keep everything together so that you can just hit print when you have to send a host packet, do you put everything into a word document? I have everything in a folder, but have to go into 5 different documents/programs to print each of the things... and I would be interested to see how you do it!

TIA

I did think of putting everything into one document...but then wondered if I would want to change things....so I have waited on that. Once you have customized your docs to that particular host you can also hold down your shift key, highlight the docs then hit print only once and it will print all the documents. Won't slice off a whole lot of time, but a little. :D

Highlight the document icons in a folder and press Ctrl+P ???

pamperedbecky said:

hee hee when I think back years ago when people thought ooooh now that we have computers on each desk we will have a paperless society... HA HA HA HAH A who was the idiot that came up with THAT stupid comment!! They should be SHOT!

Cheers

there will never be such a thing! although, once everyone in the world grows up with computers like the next generation is/will, then we may be pretty close! I think that we have so much of a need for paper for the older generations... and that is the same for a lot of electronics...

Right Click and hit print

OMG!! That is sooo awesome and handy....i love it when I learn things about computers....that will definately help me to stay paperless (=more organized) until needed! I always find myself printing out multiple OOFs, etc so that I always have some on hand because that was a pain! thanks!:)

jenniferknapp said:
OMG!! That is sooo awesome and handy....i love it when I learn things about computers....that will definately help me to stay paperless (=more organized) until needed! I always find myself printing out multiple OOFs, etc so that I always have some on hand because that was a pain! thanks!:)

Jennifer you are not alone.. I like to keep extras on hand in the Just In Case

Cheers

but they cause clutter!! now that i don't have to take the extra steps to open the file, and then print it....i can wait until i really do need it!!

You are very welcome. I have a staff of 120 Employees and the amount of manuals, forms, papers, bla, bla bla I have to print is ungodly. When I first started working for this company, you couldn't see over desks....the paper was ungodly. I am proud to say, we are now ISO 9001 compliant which is a very strict standard of quality. It measures document control and client satisfaction. I think we went from about 7000 forms down to about 400. Everyone had their own version of a fax cover sheet, letters, etc. Now everything is codes, titled, version numbers, dated and has to approved before being used. I am a stickler........LOL But now everyone doesn't know how we survived before. You just have to make the system work. You have to title every document something different and make the titles make sense. You should review your documents once a year and things you don't need delete from your computers. Trust me, new items will come along. You do not need to keep everything.
Maybe I can do print screen pictures of my laptop to show you how I have things set up. That may help alot of people. I'll check it out.

ChefAggi said:
I had hoped to get a start on it a few days ago. I like to take Jan 1st as my first day of organizing things for the new year, but I had my boyfriend visit me for the holidays (well no longer a boyfriend.. sniff sniff... yep.. he sent me an email not 15 minutes ago that he wants to break up... sigh..... a thread for another time... still a bit fresh.) Anyway.... I"m a strong gal. So on top of the organizing I have to cope with being single again and tying up some loose ends with a relationship that changed very quickly.
Cheers

Broke up with you via email?!?!
What a coward!!!
Girl - you do NOT need him.
You are a STRONG independent woman who runs her own business...you DON'T need a "man" like that. And you can tell him I said so!

Hey Jilleysue would you be willing to make a trip over to the other coast to help me organize??? I am not quite as bad as Carolyn yet but am on my way.

Hahah! My hubby swears I don't have a desk, just a massive desk-shaped pile of papers. I know where everything is, but don't dare pull something from the bottom of the stack!DH drew the line when I started expanding into the living room with my laptop, though. >_>

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DanielleQ