• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Pampered Chef Home Office!!

maybe.Sounds like you have a great plan! I love the desk you picked. Personally, I think a bright color would really help to set the tone for your business. Maybe something like pink or green?
Wow, Carolyn! I want those shelves...That's what I REALLY need is shelves in my closet! I have a fold-up cutting table for sewing and my original idea was to be able to fold that up and shove it in the closet when we have guests but I just have too much other crap in there...looks good!

I think what I need is a decorator/organizer. I have lots of STUFF, and places to put it, but it doesn't LOOK pretty, like when you watch those organization TV shows and it makes you all warm and fuzzy in the end....

speedychef said:
Wow, Carolyn! I want those shelves...That's what I REALLY need is shelves in my closet! I have a fold-up cutting table for sewing and my original idea was to be able to fold that up and shove it in the closet when we have guests but I just have too much other crap in there...looks good!

I think what I need is a decorator/organizer. I have lots of STUFF, and places to put it, but it doesn't LOOK pretty, like when you watch those organization TV shows and it makes you all warm and fuzzy in the end....

I a, SO thankful for my husband for hanging those shelves what a HUGE difference they have made for me!

Can you bring him with you to conference? I'll be at my sister's wedding when you're there, but I'll leave a key under the mat!

...not that I'm not handy enough to put my own up, mind you, more that I'm a little too lazy to do it, and to unorganized to measure and go to the store and buy the stuff and all that...

speedychef said:
Can you bring him with you to conference? I'll be at my sister's wedding when you're there, but I'll leave a key under the mat!

LOL - wouldn't that be nice?

speedychef said:
...not that I'm not handy enough to put my own up, mind you, more that I'm a little too lazy to do it, and to unorganized to measure and go to the store and buy the stuff and all that...

You know - they're REALLY not that hard - I used to put them up when I was in college - I had them in my bedroom in the sorority house. It's really quite easy...you need a level, a pencil, a power drill w/a screw attachment -- and you have Lowes or Home Depot cut the shelves and bars to size. I've just gotten lazy in my old age so I let DH do it now.

OOOOH they cut them to size! I only wish we had a Lowe's around here...Oh well...I'll have to check out Menard's, they're close and cheaper...

speedychef said:
OOOOH they cut them to size! I only wish we had a Lowe's around here...Oh well...I'll have to check out Menard's, they're close and cheaper...

What about Home Depot?

dannyzmom said:
You know - they're REALLY not that hard - I used to put them up when I was in college - I had them in my bedroom in the sorority house. It's really quite easy...you need a level, a pencil, a power drill w/a screw attachment -- and you have Lowes or Home Depot cut the shelves and bars to size. I've just gotten lazy in my old age so I let DH do it now.

And it's good for him to feel needed!;)

I have a Home Depot, too...I might swing by there Sunday...I also want to put one of those tilt-out drawers in my kitchen sink...

ChefBeckyD said:
And it's good for him to feel needed!;)

Oh you have NO idea.
I am one who likes to get things done....like yesterday. And if I ask him to do something and he doesn;t do it YESTERDAY, I call my step-dad or one of the neighborhood husbands to come do it...and OMG it pisses him off something fierce! I had a flat tire one afternoon and was supposed to be bringing my kids to my parent's for a family dinner. DH was stuck at work so my neighbor's DH fixed it for me. DH was so upset - LOL He DESPERATELY needs to feel needed.

Have my pics linked to a scrapbook board...
http://gallery.lifetimemoments.com/showgallery.php?cat=9255
if you want to take a look.... it when it looked clean anyhoo.. :rolleyes:

pchefkristin said:
Have my pics linked to a scrapbook board...
http://gallery.lifetimemoments.com/showgallery.php?cat=9255
if you want to take a look.... it when it looked clean anyhoo.. :rolleyes:

OMG it looks breautiful!! And you are SO FRICKIN ORGANIZED!! You are Jilleysue's long lost sister!!!

WOW Kristin! Your room puts mine WAY to shame! You really have a lot of stuff, but it's all...so...put away!!! I'll have to take pics while mine's (semi-)clean!

Well, its not so clean right now... but hopefully I will get everything cleaned up tomorrow so I can feel good about going on my little trip this weekend. :D

Um...That is AWESOME. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU...HOORAY!!!

So when are y'all coming over for MY intervention!? LOL!

Kristen I love your office! I think I would feel almost as excited in your office as I feel when I am in the Container Store (man, they need to bring that place to mn!)

Kristin,
Was that a crikcut machine? We bought our daughter one last May when they came out for her birthday... probably used it 6 times,,, (she's never home but when it's out she loves it) . she likes the new embossing one! not sure if we;ll buy it do you have one of those?

Yesterday, I was back on this thread, looking for some inspiration - because my office is STILL a wreck.....and I clicked on Carolyn's "before" pictures...my DS (who's 2 1/2) was sitting next to me, and he said "Mommy, is that your office?":eek: :rolleyes: Someday........(I always say that if someone would take my DS for 48 hours, I would get so much done!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Yesterday, I was back on this thread, looking for some inspiration - because my office is STILL a wreck.....and I clicked on Carolyn's "before" pictures...my DS (who's 2 1/2) was sitting next to me, and he said "Mommy, is that your office?":eek: :rolleyes: Someday........(I always say that if someone would take my DS for 48 hours, I would get so much done!)

Bahahaha!! When my cleaning and organizing frenzy started affecting the entire house - my kids came home from scjool one day and said "I think we're in the wrong house"

dannyzmom said:
Bahahaha!! When my cleaning and organizing frenzy started affecting the entire house - my kids came home from scjool one day and said "I think we're in the wrong house"
I really would love to get it cleaned......my DH would probably pass out! My problem is I get it half done, but never finished, so it's like starting all over again!

Jilleysue said:
Um...That is AWESOME. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU...HOORAY!!!

LOL! Who me?!
Looks we are sisters in PC and in organization!

speedychef said:
So when are y'all coming over for MY intervention!? LOL!

Well, JilleySue is going to be in Wave 2, and I will be wave 3... we could converge on your place for that cross over day! :p
Hmmm... I am thinking this could be a great HDTV show... Pampering for the Organizationally Challenged?? :D

Teresa Lynn said:
Kristin,
Was that a crikcut machine? We bought our daughter one last May when they came out for her birthday... probably used it 6 times,,, (she's never home but when it's out she loves it) . she likes the new embossing one! not sure if we;ll buy it do you have one of those?

I love my cricut! I havent scrapped in a month or more though... ugh! I am more of a scrapbook supply collector than a scrapbooker! LOL! I only have one cartrige so far though... so that limits me a bit!
I have not gotten the embossing one, but I am not big on embossing either. Just one of those scrap things I havent even tried to master yet. :)

pchefkristin said:
Hmmm... I am thinking this could be a great HDTV show... Pampering for the Organizationally Challenged?? :D
Ohhh good one!!!! I would watch, but at the same time maybe the intervention is a good idea! Like I said before, too many ideas and I go into overload!!! :confused: My mind gets so fried that I hide from my mess and pretend it doesn't exist!:rolleyes: My hubby hates it!

ChefBeckyD said:
I really would love to get it cleaned......my DH would probably pass out! My problem is I get it half done, but never finished, so it's like starting all over again!
That is me big time!!!! I have so many half projects started in cleanups that I can't tell what's worse, the orginal mess or the 1/2 projects!!!

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
we really are alike! My kids can't believe it's the same house when I'm really in a cleaning mood! They think and alien has taken over their Mom!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Okay Someone! Help Me!So, how the heck to I make a post that has multiple quotes!!???:confused: I'm so tired of all my little replies, I want to just put it all in one reply!!!:rolleyes:
So, one of you computer savvy people need to help me!!!!! Please?!:)

MissChef said:
So, how the heck to I make a post that has multiple quotes!!???:confused: I'm so tired of all my little replies, I want to just put it all in one reply!!!:rolleyes:
So, one of you computer savvy people need to help me!!!!! Please?!:)

LOL! Mee too!!

ChefBurke said:
Ok heres my story.. So I had my own apt & found out I was Prego & moved back home to my moms to save money & have support, well now my daughter is 9months old & I started PC when she was 6wks old, sooo my mom is letting me redo the computer room-well I am going to pain(havent decided on a color) I want something bright & cheerful! I saw a beautiful florida pink color & some bright green color.. I just bought a used beautiful computer armoire. Sooo I want to see if some of yall can post pictures of your home PC offices if ya have em! My directors gave me some inspiration she has charts on her wall(VERY CUTE!) of all her recruits.. so if anyone has a homeoffice plz take a pic & post & maybe we can all share & swap decorating ideas!!!!

I am STILL working out of baskets and containers all over my house (can you believe this?!!!). We are supposed to pick up an old office desk from my brother's company this weekend, so I hope to be set up soon myself! LOL. I can't wait to see the pictures here. I'll be using the alcove area in my bedroom (need to relocate my husbands dresser and my treadmill somewhere)...

Jilleysue said:
.... I am a Compliance Director....

What is a compliance director?

pchefkristin said:
Well, JilleySue is going to be in Wave 2, and I will be wave 3... we could converge on your place for that cross over day! :p
I'll be waiting!!!!

Teresa Lynn said:
Kristin,

My friend has the Cricut machine. I love it but I'm waiting for the new bigger model that is supposed to be coming out later this year! It's supposed to handle 12 x 12 paper!!! Can't wait.

Stampaholic1961 said:
My friend has the Cricut machine. I love it but I'm waiting for the new bigger model that is supposed to be coming out later this year! It's supposed to handle 12 x 12 paper!!! Can't wait.

Ditto that! Wish they had come out with that first! Here I am still dreaming about a 12x12 printer! ;)

we bought it last March or April when it first came out. At the time each Michael's store here was only alloted like 6 or 8 and it was nearly $300. I know the manager and he told me they were goint to be the onl;y store selling them until the beginning of the year.
We bought her all the cartridges they had (except the ones for younger kids stuff think it's barnyard animals or something). & allt he tools Wish the mats lasted longer.
Imagine my surprise around Christmas when Hobby Lobby and JoAnns started selling it the price about $229 and cartridges were about $50 Michaels has never dropped their price to match. the other 2 places are almost always out.
I think they released 2 new cartridges she wants so we'll tuck them in her Easter basket.
I thought it would be great for school projects but she hasn't had one sinc ewe gave it to her last year.

Have you had any warranty issues with it?
I was telling her last night she needed to get it out and use it to make sure before the one year was up but said she remembered we gave it to her way before her birthday....(which is why it says March or April) .. & of course she left early today for a sleepover.
"I" still think it was May so I'll look for the receipt and I may play with it just to make sure, it still works properly.
It amy be so much fun I'll have to go get her the embosser!! HA Wonde how I could make that a business expense?

its_me_susan said:
What is a compliance director?

A Compliance Director handles all Quality issues and Improvement issues for a company. It mostly relates to ISO 9001. This is it in nut shell, but gets quite a bit more complicated. I do many process audits on all the departments, write new policy and procedures...write manuals. Find Non conformities in the office, organizes. rewrite procedures if we can do them quicker or better. Alot of reseach and analyizing of numbers.

Basic explanation....LOL

pchefkristin said:
Ditto that! Wish they had come out with that first! Here I am still dreaming about a 12x12 printer! ;)

Me too!! Me too!!! I have the cutest project that requires printing
it on 12 x 12 paper. I actually found a 12 x 12 printer but it was over
$300 & it was only for printing...not an all-in-one like the one I have.
I just couldn't justify the expense.

OrganizerHas anyone heard from Pamperedbecky, and her visit from the organizer? I hope we haven't heard or seen the results because she's in an organizing frenzy... ;)

This string has gotten me excited to get organized too. I started at the beginning of the year with a rolling Elfa rack (LOVE Container Store!), and it has my catalogs, invites, pens, SB, prizes, etc in it. Very handy! But the rest of the 'office' which is in an armoir, is SO unorgainized, and has now spread to the dining room table, and wine rack. :eek:

I can't remember who mentioned their binder that holds all the fliers and inserts for host packets, but I did the same, except they're in a folder right now. After spending too much time prepping for two back to back weekends of shows, I panicked and spent too much time prepping. So I printed up non-dated items. I do like Jilly Sue's idea of keeping everything on her computer, and I do have a folder just for cooking and catalog shows, with all fliers in there too. Just being able to grab and go is easier for me. Having watched a few Clean Sweeps, I'm beginning to think I'm a "visual person". Now, if I could just organize all this excess visual stuff.....

Hey Kim, maybe we can go in together on a professional organizer... ;) A two for one discount, maybe.

Carolyn, I'm so impressed with how hard you worked and how well your office turned out. Keep up the good work!

Ok, I need to get back to going through a pile of papers !

Darcy

I had mine in my dining room, but it is the first room coming into the house. Not a good impression! I have the coated wire shelves from Wal-Mart and all the products are on them. I have a 2 drawer file cabinet next to my roll-top desk/hutch. It seemed like I had such cramped space and the area always looked cluttered. So with company coming over Easter weekend I moved everything up to a spare bedroom. However, now I have to make 10 trips upstairs to get tools to use. I am afraid if I reorganize my kitchen and put all my tools away, when I go to a show, I will forget the tools that I need. Need to make a list of all tools for each recipe and then make sure I have my bag packed ahead of time and hope that I don't forget anything I guess. The very organized space of Jillysue sounds wonderful. I would like to have a designated space of my own for my TPC on the ground level of my old farm house. But there isn't space. so...

chefsara said:
Need to make a list of all tools for each recipe and then make sure I have my bag packed ahead of time and hope that I don't forget anything I guess.

Sara,

I've done this from the start. I have a spiral notebook with the name of the recipe (and the cookbook ) at the top of the page and then I go through the recipe and list the tools that I will need. This can help you increase your sales as you look at the tools you have that can be used instead of the ones listed in the book. Use the most expensive tools when you are able. When you are pulling out an older recipe (after a catalog change or two) be sure to see what new tools can be used in the place of the old (or discontinued)tools.

Does anyone know where I can get a free-standing single shelf to go on top of my file cabinet? I want something that doesn't have a bottom so I can put my printer under it. It would have to be about a foot high and 18 inches wide. Any ideas? Any creative ideas that would be cheap?? =D

Its been sometime since I visited this thread but I do need to get organized.

Is it, or maybe this could be a workshop at conference....calling Jilleysue..:)

I really need an intervention & my DD is threatening to submit me to Clean Sweep.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

PC should arrange for a professional discount for us with a national organizatoon company...like the FedEx/Kinko's:) :D

That quote about deep down inside I'm really an organized person....etc.
is so me! I copied it onto a magnet & put it on the fridge in hopes my DH will finally get it!:D

I have been struggling to maintain the "perfect" desk I created a few months back - but I have to say...it ,ay not be perfect but it is SO much better than it had been. It's been easier to maintin it than it was to dig my way out of the bmess back them. Get your ooffice to a decent condition then just attempt to maintin it :)

Winnipegk said:
Does anyone know where I can get a free-standing single shelf to go on top of my file cabinet? I want something that doesn't have a bottom so I can put my printer under it. It would have to be about a foot high and 18 inches wide.

Any ideas? Any creative ideas that would be cheap?? =D

Try offic emax/office depot/staples

Have you tried to go to Home Depot or Lowes??? Perhaps, Target??

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find anything. =( I went to 5 different stores today. I'm just going to get my dad to make one for me. it won't be pretty but it'll work!

I have an office but it's not ready for primetime just yet. It's quite a mess. In terms of PC, I have a small plastic file bin for my catalogues, order forms, and other marketing materials. All of my PC products are, of course, in my kitchen being used. I have a feeling that once business picks up I'll need more space. We'll see (that would actually be a good thing). So for now, I don't have a photo to share but will share it once I have one. By the way, the walls in my office are painted a very nice yellow. Your baby is adorable too!

Hi, everyone! I'm fairly new to this group, and just spent the last hour and a half reading this entire thread...how inspiring!
I have to agree, JilleySue should teach classes on PC offices!! lol
I wish I could find a sorter for the Nancy's Artwork postcards, similar to the ones we can now buy for large pieces of paper, only sized smaller for postcards....make sense?
JilleySue, I was wondering if you would be willing to post a "master list" of all of the things you have labeled. I thought it would be something that those who are just starting to organize might find helpful. You know, all those different "categories", etc.

Thanks, everyone, for letting me join in! I am really enjoying the posts, and hope to learn and maybe even contribute!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DanielleQ