• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is Your Favorite Low-Cost Brunch Recipe?

In summary, the author of the content has a brunch show this weekend and is at a loss for what to make. They will be buying the ingredients so if it's lower cost that's great too. They recommend the Ham & Cheese Brunch squares, the Sicilian Skillet Strata, or the Ham Brunch squares.
DebbieJ
I have a brunch show this weekend. I very rarely do brunch shows, so I'm at a loss for what to make. I will be buying the ingredients so if it's lower cost that's great too.

Can't wait to hear your suggestions. Thanks!

I made Mini Ham Puffs last Saturday, and they were a huge hit. They are in the All The Best Cookbook. My favorite brunch recipe :love:

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 package (2.5 oz) processed ham, chopped
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 package (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Finely chop ham and onion and place in a bowl.
Add cheese, egg, mustard, and pepper; mix well.
Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with Pam for baking (spray w/flour in it).
Unroll crescent rolls and press dough into one large rectangle.
Cut into 24 pieces.
Press dough pieces into muffin cups using a mini tart shaper dipped in flour.
Fill each muffin cup with ham filling, using small scoop.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown.

Last edited:
Green Chile Frittata My guests always seem to love it and it's a way to show off the cookware (12" skillet). I also use knives, bowls (classic and/or stainless) and the Ultimate Mandoline. I put sour cream in the EAD.

Ham Brunch squares

I love the ham brunch squares. I also make a vegetarian version with lightly steamed broccoli florets (about 5 min in the microwave) and sauteed mushrooms and green onions. Even my big meat eater friends like it, the mushrooms add a lot of substance to it.

I usually make the Ham & Cheese Brunch squares for brunch shows (I usually use cooked sausage instead of the ham).

But, at our last cluster meeting someone made the Sicilian Skillet Strata out of the new SB and that was really good. I have never made it for a show - and haven't really looked at the recipe to see how good of a demo it would be.

I've done one brunch show with Ham and Cheese brunch squares and I'm doing anothe in a few weeks. It's a real crowd pleaser!

I love brunch shows :)

I do 2-3 brunch shows every month, and almost exclusively do the Ham & Cheese brunch squares. They are so versatile. You can use any kind of meat you want, and any kind of cheese, and like Marghi posted, they are easily vegetarian also. I like to do one that is spinach, mushroom, and red onion with a little feta cheese & greek rub sprinkled on top. YUM! They also freeze well, so I tell people even if you are cooking for one or two, it's great to do the large bar pan full of these, wrap them individually, and then you have a quick and healthy breakfast or lunch ready to go!

Oh - they are also good with a little chipotle rub sprinkled on, and served with salsa and sour cream!

ChefBeckyD said:
I do 2-3 brunch shows every month, and almost exclusively do the Ham & Cheese brunch squares. They are so versatile. You can use any kind of meat you want, and any kind of cheese, and like Marghi posted, they are easily vegetarian also. I like to do one that is spinach, mushroom, and red onion with a little feta cheese & greek rub sprinkled on top. YUM! They also freeze well, so I tell people even if you are cooking for one or two, it's great to do the large bar pan full of these, wrap them individually, and then you have a quick and healthy breakfast or lunch ready to go!

Oh - they are also good with a little chipotle rub sprinkled on, and served with salsa and sour cream!

Oh yes! They freeze well. It is only DH and I and we make a full batch and cut the left over in serving size squares and freeze. Now I am in the mood to make these this weekend! :)

THANK YOU!!!! Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares it is! If was the only recipe that came to mind at first, so I'm glad to hear that they are a good choice. I've made them before, but never at a show.

Two are my favorites....Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll and Sausage Pepper Biscuit Fritatta

Bountiful Breakfast Pizza from Stoneware Sensations - an original stoneware paperback cookbook - scrambled eggs with cheese & the works on a potato crust - awesome!I change it up with the full package of hash-browns, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons water - also some recipes call for parchment paper so the egg doesn't stick to the stone. If your stone is not totally seasoned, the parchment is a good call.Bountiful Brunch Pizza1 pkg. frozen hash browns, thawed
1 egg beatenTopping:
7 eggs
1/2 c milk
salt and pepper
1 c chopped ham
1/2 c mushrooms
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c green pepper, chopped
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheeseCombine potatoes and egg. Salt and Pepper it and spread on the baking stone. Pat down. Bake 20 minutes at 400. Whisk eggs and milk and season them. Cook. Spread cooked eggs evenly over potatoes. Top with the toppings and cheese. Return to the oven to bake 10 minutes more.

I love to make the garden omlette ring in the All The Best cookbook. I change it up some and turn it into a soutwest omlette ring with green pepper, onion, jalapeno, etc. Its a big hit!!

So far most of my brunch shows have wanted the Chicken Club Ring from the All The Best recipe book. It's an oldie but goodie. :)

I see that you made your decision Deb! I was coming to post my choice, yes, it is the Ham and Cheese brunch squares. I use the sausage in place of the ham.

Becky, I am definitely going to be trying some of your versions at home very soon. They sound so yummy!!!

where is the recipe for the ham and cheese brunch squares?

What is the ingredient list for your favorite brunch recipe?

The ingredient list for my favorite brunch recipe includes eggs, milk, bread, cheese, and vegetables such as spinach and bell peppers.

Can this recipe be made ahead of time?

Yes, this recipe can be prepared the night before and stored in the refrigerator. Simply bake it in the morning for a quick and easy brunch option.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe can make 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your baking dish and how thick you cut the slices.

Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can customize this recipe to your liking by substituting different types of cheese or adding in your favorite protein like bacon or sausage.

What is the cooking time for this recipe?

The cooking time for this recipe is approximately 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • priseortega