• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Brunch Recipes for the Dcb?

In summary, the author is planning to make an apple crumb cake with extra cinnamon and for the brunch menu tomorrow she is going to do french toast with apples and cream cheese.
esavvymom
Staff member
I know it's probably too late for my show tomorrow- but I had a last-minute thought about if there are any DCB Brunch recipes. I couldn't find any in the DCB recipe collection.

I've already got a menu in mind- but this host really wants the DCB, so thought it'd be NICE to showcase the DCB in some way besides "take my word for it!"

What about an apple crumb cake? add a little extra cinnamon and it reminds people of cinnamon buns. I'm doing it tomorrow with the ham and cheese brunch squares. I wanted to do something extra to showcase the DCB.

What recipe is that? I can't find it in my usual repertoire of PC recipes/sites. Sounds yummy.

I like this site: http://www.joycesfinecooking.com
It has past PC recipes on it. Here are a few that I found that sounded good. The peach one, looks like a yummy variation.Apple Oatmeal Coffee Cake 1 cup all purpose flour3/4 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon cinnamon1 cup sugar1 cup oats1/2 cup oil1 egg1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 cup apple, peeled and chopped1/3 cup nuts, chopped Preheat over to 350'. Mix dry ingredients together together in 2 quart bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mixture will be quite thick. Pour into deep dish baker (spritzed). Bake for 35 minutes. Baked Apple French Toast1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
8 eggs
3 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar, divided
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter or margarinePreheat the oven to 400°F.
Cut the bread into 11/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in the milk, ¼ cup of the sugar and vanilla. Pour half the egg mixture over the bread. Arrange the apple slices over the bread. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the apples. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the top. Dot with the butter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup.Yield: 12 servings
Per Serving: Calories 290; Fat 9 g; Sodium 322 mg; Dietary Fiber 2 gMay be prepared 1 day in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until the apples are tender. The recipe may be divided into 2 equal portions and each portion baked in a quiche dish or 2-quart baking dish for 20 to 25 minutes.

Baked Peach French Toast3 oz. cream cheese, softened
10-14 slices (1 inch thick) French bread
1 (29 oz.) can peach slices, drained
1/4 C. chopped nuts
3 eggs
1 C. milk
1/3 C. maple flavored syrup
2 T. butter or margarine, melted
1 T. granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extractPreheat oven to 400°F.Spread cream cheese over both sides of bread slices. Place bread in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Prick bread slices several times. Top with peach slices; sprinkle nuts over peaches.In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over bread. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center. Yields 6 servings.Variation
A large apple, peeled, cored and sliced, can be substituted for the peaches.

Caramel Peach Coffee Cake1 (12 oz.) jar peach preserves
1/4 C. chopped pecans
2/3 C. firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 C. butter, melted
2 (12 oz.) cans Pillsbury Big CountryRefrigerated Buttermilk BiscuitsPreheat oven to 350ºF. Spritz a fluted pan. Spoon 1/2 cup of the preserves evenly in bottom of pan; sprinkle with pecans.In a bowl, combine sugar, margarine and remaining preserves; set aside.Separate dough into 20 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Layer half of the biscuit pieces in pan. Spread 1/2 of the brown sugar mixture over the biscuits. Repeat with remaining biscuits and brown sugar mixture. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool upright in pan 2 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Spread any fruit or caramel on bottom of pan over coffeecake.

I just preheat oven to 450, pour the dry cake mix on the bottom of the DCB spread a can of apple pie filling on the top, sprinkle with cinnamon, then cut 1 1/2 sticks of butter up and put the pieces all over the top. Microwave for 10 min. Pull it out stir it up mixing thoroughly then cover and microwave for another 3 minutes. Pull out and serve.

Got this from a cluster mate. I've heard it is very good and versatile:

BUILD YOUR OMELETTE
Deep Covered Baker
2 small potatoes
3 pats of butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 eggs
Heavy whipping cream or milk
Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheeses
Optional: sausage, bacon, ham, onions, peppers, mushrooms, chorizo, asparagus, green chilis, etc.
Toppings and/or Sides: Diced tomatoes, sour cream, etc.

Mince 2 small potatoes into small pieces using Food Chopper.
Place potatoes into the DCB with 3 pats of butter, salt and pepper. Put on the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
Whisk eggs with heavy whipping cream or milk.
When potatoes are fork tender, sprinkle shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese on them.
Bake in the microwave for 13 minutes. As soon as it comes out, sprinkle more shredded cheese and put the lid back on to let it melt.

pamperedlinda said:
Got this from a cluster mate. I've heard it is very good and versatile:

BUILD YOUR OMELETTE
Deep Covered Baker
2 small potatoes
3 pats of butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 eggs
Heavy whipping cream or milk
Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheeses
Optional: sausage, bacon, ham, onions, peppers, mushrooms, chorizo, asparagus, green chilis, etc.
Toppings and/or Sides: Diced tomatoes, sour cream, etc.

Mince 2 small potatoes into small pieces using Food Chopper.
Place potatoes into the DCB with 3 pats of butter, salt and pepper. Put on the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
Whisk eggs with heavy whipping cream or milk.
When potatoes are fork tender, sprinkle shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese on them.
Bake in the microwave for 13 minutes. As soon as it comes out, sprinkle more shredded cheese and put the lid back on to let it melt.

Linda, this sounds great! When would you add the sausage or bacon? I'm thinking with the potatoes so they have time to cook thoroughly?

And I am thinking the eggs go in after the 3 minutes? You say whisk eggs but not when to add them.

BethCooks4U said:
Linda, this sounds great! When would you add the sausage or bacon? I'm thinking with the potatoes so they have time to cook thoroughly?

And I am thinking the eggs go in after the 3 minutes? You say whisk eggs but not when to add them.

Sorry, I haven't made it - it was passed to me, but I heard it was really good. I would think that you would need the meat already cooked before you add it. Yes, the eggs go in after the 3 minutes.

I will ask a few clustermates about this and see who has made it and get their feedback and tips.

I made the chocolate pb dump cake last night,

omg what a treat!!!!!!!

What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware dish that can be used in the oven, microwave, or even on the grill to cook a variety of dishes. Its unique design allows for even heat distribution and retention, resulting in perfectly cooked food every time.

Can the DCB be used to make brunch recipes?

Absolutely! The DCB is perfect for making brunch recipes such as quiches, frittatas, breakfast casseroles, and even French toast. Its large capacity and non-stick surface make it easy to cook for a crowd.

Are there any specific recipes that work best in the DCB for brunch?

While the DCB can be used for a wide range of brunch recipes, some popular choices include our Spinach and Feta Frittata, Bacon and Cheddar Quiche, and Blueberry French Toast Bake. You can also get creative and try your own favorite brunch dishes in the DCB.

Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it?

No, the DCB does not need to be preheated. It can go directly into a preheated oven or be used in the microwave without any preheating. Just follow the recipe instructions for cooking times and temperatures.

Is the DCB dishwasher safe?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the dishwasher. However, we recommend hand-washing with warm soapy water to preserve its non-stick surface and prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lescalvelage
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mscharf
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jennifer E
  • winklermom