• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Fave Ground Beef/Turkey Recipe?

In summary, the conversation was about someone looking for dinner ideas using a package of defrosted ground turkey. Suggestions included turkey stuffed zucchini or peppers, turkey burgers or meatballs, and a cheeseburger calzone. The person also mentioned making sloppy joes or chili in the microwave.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I have a package defrosting at home and I dont know what I'm going to make with it for dinner tonight :p. Normally I would do turkey burgers or tacos, but I'm just not in the mood tonight... ideas? We often sub ground turkey for ground beef, so all ideas are welcome! TIA! :)

Nothing, huh? Come on people!

I don't really have a spectacular recipe but reading your post made me think sloppy joes. Or microwave chili in the DCB.

ok how about:
Turkey Stuffed Zucchini

Servings: 4 (2 halves)  Time: 50 minutes
• 4 medium zucchini
• 1 tsp butter
• 1/2 small onion, finely diced
• 1 shallot, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tbsp white wine
• 1.3 lb (20.8 oz) ground turkey (99% fat free)
• 1 large egg white
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 cup fat free chicken broth
• 2 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp marjoram
• 1 tsp dried basil
• Salt and fresh pepper
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4" thick. Arrange in a baking dish. Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces.

In a large saute pan, melt butter and add onion, shallot and garlic. Cook on a medium-low flame for about 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add chopped zucchini and season with a pinch of salt, cook about 2-3 minutes. Add wine and cook until it reduces. Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper, cooking until turkey is white, breaking up in smaller pieces. Add paprika, garlic powder, marjoram and basil. Mix well and cook another minute.

Place turkey meat in a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool. When cooled, add parmesan cheese and egg white, mix well. Using a spoon, fill hollowed zucchinis with stuffing, pressing firmly and top with bread crumbs. Place chicken broth in bottom of the baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake 35 minutes.

or :
Turkey Stuffed Peppers

Servings: 6 servings (1/2 pepper)  Time: 55 minutes
• 1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
• 1 garlic, minced
• 1/4 onion, minced
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• salt to taste
• 3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
• 1 cup fat free chicken broth
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce
• 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
• Olive oil spray
• 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and meat together.
Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy.

or this is and easy one too:
Turkey Burgers
1 package ground turkey
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ cup chicken broth
Mix all ingredients (if mixture still seems wet and more oatmeal and bread crumbs) in a bowl then form into burger patties and grill. Yummy

Or you can make a meatloaf out of this too.

****You can also make these into small meatballs and serve with brown gravy over egg noodles very yummy too.

Our family LOVES :love: when I do the meatballs and add them to the brown gravy then serve over egg noodles. . .:thumbup:

I LOVE the BBQ Beef Sloppy Joes from the Beef Power Cooking recipes on Cons. Corner. I need to make more and stock my freezer.

Microwave Quick Turkey Chili in the DCB

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I ended up making the Cheeseburger Calzone.

What is your go-to ground beef/turkey recipe?

My favorite go-to recipe is a classic meatloaf made with ground beef. It's easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser!

Can I substitute ground turkey for ground beef in your recipe?

Yes, absolutely! Ground turkey is a leaner option and can be used interchangeably with ground beef in most recipes. Just be sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

Do you have any tips for making a juicy and flavorful ground beef/turkey dish?

One tip is to make sure you don't overmix the meat when combining it with other ingredients. Overmixing can result in a tough and dry dish. Also, don't be afraid to season generously with herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.

Can I freeze your ground beef/turkey recipe?

Yes, many ground beef/turkey recipes can be frozen for later use. Just be sure to cool the dish completely before placing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It's also helpful to label and date the dish for easy identification.

What is the best way to cook ground beef/turkey for maximum flavor and tenderness?

I recommend browning the meat in a hot skillet with a little oil, then adding in any other ingredients and cooking until fully done. This method allows for a nice crust to form on the meat, adding depth of flavor, while also ensuring it stays tender and juicy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CookingwithMary
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • chefmatula
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76