• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Recipes for Meat & Veggies: Turkey Edition

In summary, anyone have any simple basic recipes they use and love? MY DH is very basic so nothing fancy or full of stuff other than meat and maybe minced onion and bell pepper for flavor?
heat123
Silver Member
anyone have any simple basic recipes they use and love? MY DH is very basic so nothing fancy or full of stuff other than meat and maybe minced onion and bell pepper for flavor?

I have NEVER made it before and suddenly it sounds really good. Note I would be subbing the meat for ground turkey (as me and my daugthers don't eat red meat).

TIA!

Ok, I know that his is probably not that much help but here is what I do. I put the meat in a bowl, then I add one egg, some ketchup (about 1-2Tbsp), onion soup mix, and a little bit of water. And I mix it with my hands. Last time I made it I also added some shredded cheese. Honestly I can't remember how long to cook it for though. But that is what I put in it.

2 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pouch onion soup mix
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup water

Mix 1/2 can mushroom soup, onion soup, beef, bread crumbs, and egg with hands. Shape into a loaf in DDB and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours. Remove fat, keeping 1-2 tablespoons of drippings. In small saucepan combine remaining soup, water, and reserved drippings and cook over low heat. Pour over top of cooked meatloaf.

hmm both sound good, thanks ladies!

Meatloaf recipeThis was my grandmother's recipe and it is really good. It makes a ton though, so if you don't need that much you can reduce the ingredients or freeze the leftovers....

Meatloaf

1½ lb. hamburger
1 C. stewed tomatoes or tomato juice
¾ C. uncooked oatmeal
½ C. ketchup
¼ C. chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
1½ tsp. salt
Pinch of oregano
½ C. chopped green pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
¼ tsp. black pepper
Ketchup, to cover

Combine all ingredients. Pack firmly into an ungreased 9" x 13" casserole dish. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cover with
ketchup in the last 15 minutes of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

My favorite part is meatloaf sandwiches the next day...mmmmmmmm!

Teriyaki MeatloafOkay Heather - here is my tried and true Turkey Meatloaf recipe.
When I was working as a Personal Chef - this was my MOST REQUESTED family recipe! Families w/ kids and other picky eaters loved this recipe! My DH doesn't care for meatloaf, but loves this. The sugar and soy sauce in the recipe rise to the top and make a glaze, and I use the chopper to chop the veggies so fine, nobody knows they are there!:thumbup: I use this recipe now all the time as one of my Power Cooking show recipes.

Attachments

• Teriyaki Meatloaf(2).doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 293
while myself and my dds would love this terriyaki version, DH would not! He's such a typical bland meat and potatoes kind of guy, any asian or out of the ordinary ingredient does not go over so well with him!

thanks, I may have to try it when he's not home one night! heehee!

heat123 said:
while myself and my dds would love this terriyaki version, DH would not! He's such a typical bland meat and potatoes kind of guy, any asian or out of the ordinary ingredient does not go over so well with him!

thanks, I may have to try it when he's not home one night! heehee!

Tell him to suck it up, stop being a big baby and try it...jk

I just made the meatloaf recipe in the mini loaf pan from the good ole red plaid Betty Crocker cookbook. I love that cookbook because sometimes I don't want to mess with a classic, and just want a tried and true recipe. It has a glaze on top that is ketchup, mustard powder & brown sugar. Of course I am at work so I can't post it for you. I'll try find it online.

Jess

oh, I think I have the book, I just have to find it- I hardly ever use anything but PC recipes or DHs moms old classics ;). Thanks for sharing ladies! I may have to try all of them and see which is the favored one;)!

I love this one!
1lb hamburger
1 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup (or bbq sauce) divided
1 pkg Stove Top Stuffing Mix
1 egg, lightly beaten

Combine all ingredient except for 1/4 cup of the ketchup. Mix well. Put mixture in your stoneware loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup on top. Bake at 350 for about an hour.

Easy peasy!

I got this from MomSnappy Meatloaf

1lb ground beef
1/4 c green pepper
1/2 c onion
1/2 c chopped mushroom
1/2 c part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 c tomato juice
6 tbl bread crumbs (I personally like the Italian ones)
3 tsp mustard
salt-pepper-garlic to taste

Mix all ingredients. Shape into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour @ 350.

For a glaze, you can mix ketchup & honey to the desired taste and use the silicone basting brush to brush on top prior to putting it in the oven.

Chef Becky--thanks for that recipe. We'll have to try it!I made turkey meatloaf recently--I used egg and seasoned breadcrumbs, onions, and tomato sauce. I think the breadcrumbs and egg helped the meat from not being dry (as ground turkey can).

There is an extremely good turkey meatloaf recipe in the Healthy PC cookbook.

My DH and kids like it very bland, so I use...
ground turkey, one sleeve of crushed crackers (in the food chopper :D ), some Mrs. Dash seasoning (almost a handful), an egg, and some ketchup.
Surprisingly, it's very flavorful for not having anything else in it! lol

I add salsa to my recipe for more flavor. I just dump in; probably about 3/4 c I suppose. And 1 egg, saltine crackers, ground beef, salt & pepper.
I always bake in my mini loaf pan too.

1. How do I make a juicy and flavorful turkey?

To make a juicy and flavorful turkey, you can brine the turkey before cooking. This involves soaking the turkey in a mixture of water, salt, and other seasonings for several hours. You can also inject the turkey with a marinade to infuse more flavor. Lastly, make sure to baste the turkey throughout the cooking process to keep it moist.

2. What is the best way to cook a turkey?

The best way to cook a turkey is to roast it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and place the turkey in a roasting pan. Cover the turkey loosely with foil and roast for the recommended time based on the weight of the turkey. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure the turkey is cooked to the proper internal temperature.

3. Can I use frozen vegetables in these recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen vegetables in these recipes. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking or adjust the cooking time accordingly. Frozen vegetables can also be a time-saving option as they are already washed and chopped, making meal prep easier.

4. How can I make sure my vegetables are cooked evenly?

To ensure your vegetables are cooked evenly, make sure to cut them into similar sizes. This will allow them to cook at the same rate. You can also consider roasting or grilling the vegetables instead of boiling or steaming them, as this can help them cook more evenly.

5. Can I use ground turkey instead of a whole turkey in these recipes?

Yes, you can use ground turkey in these recipes. However, keep in mind that the cooking time and method may need to be adjusted. Ground turkey can be a lean and healthy alternative to whole turkey, and it can be used in a variety of dishes such as meatloaf, burgers, and stir-fry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kreaser
  • jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • scottcooks