• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Chili Recipe with Chili Powder & Ground Beef

In summary, Ann found a recipe that uses chili powder and ground beef and turkey instead of the packaged mix. She recommends the Hearty Six-Can Chili.
jrstephens
I am looking for a new Chili Recipe that uses chili poweder instead of the package mix. My husband will not eat a chili with lots of added peppers and so stuff so I am looking for just a basic recipe that uses chili powder and hamburger meat not turkey.

Just a note, you can always substitute ground beef and turkey...or mix them together for any recipe!

Chili is easy....ground beef, chopped onion, canned tomatoes, kidney beans, and chili powder to taste! Simmer and you're done!

Last edited:
The Hearty Six-Can Chili is a good one. I made it at a show a few weeks back and it was a big hit! It's on Consultant's Corner (recipe search for chili). It uses ground beef, canned chili beans, canned tomatoes, chili powder, chopped onion... delish!

How much chili powder should I use?

I have always used the mix but the one I use has changed and I cannot find one we like now. I always just do meat, tomatoes, and beans and mix.

The six-can chili includes 1 Tablespoon of chili powder.

Brown together:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion

Add:
2 cans chili beans in sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 tablespoon chili powder.

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

Thanks Ann. I may try this one tonight. Sounds good but without a lot of "hoopla" added to it. I may reduce the beans some.

If you skip some of the beans, I'd skip the black beans. The others have the sauce, so they're the ones that add the flavor.

2 # ground beef browned
1 # stew meat browned
1 large onion chopped (or more to taste)
2 cans red kidney beans rinsed
2 can chili beans (I use bush's brand)
1 bottle beer
2 large cans tomato juice I think they are 46 oz
Add salt & chili powder to taste
If you want it thicker add a few instant potatoes
OR when I have friends over and their kids are picky about eating beans I add all the beans to my blend and blend with a little tomato juice.
You can cook in the stockpot or in a slow cooker

I made a variation of the 6-Can Chiliand LOVED it! I saw a Paula Deen recipe that I kind of combined with it.

I used

Ground beef
2 cans Mexican style diced tomatoes
1 can chili beans
1 can of Cream of Mushroom
Chili power

I did not put a lot of chili powder in it b/c I was worried that it would be too hot. Next time I will put more in it.

My husband must have loved it - he ate 3 bowls!

I was suprised at how the Mushroom soup added a good taste to it.

I am calling it my PC/PD chili!

My secret is to throw in a jar of picante sauce. It always gets raves.

I was also a little nervous about the mushroom soup, but it just enhances the other flavors.

Related to Easy Chili Recipe with Chili Powder & Ground Beef

1. What ingredients do I need for an easy chili recipe with chili powder and ground beef?

To make an easy chili recipe with chili powder and ground beef, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions

2. How do I make an easy chili recipe with chili powder and ground beef?

To make an easy chili recipe with chili powder and ground beef, follow these simple steps:

1. In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned.
  2. Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
  3. Stir in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
  4. Bring the chili to a simmer and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  5. Serve the chili hot with your desired toppings.

3. Can I use a different type of meat in this easy chili recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ground meat in this easy chili recipe. Ground turkey, chicken, or pork are all great alternatives to ground beef.

4. How can I make this easy chili recipe spicier?

If you prefer a spicier chili, you can add more chili powder or add a diced jalapeno pepper to the pot while cooking. You can also top your chili with hot sauce or red pepper flakes before serving.

5. Can I make this easy chili recipe in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can easily adapt this easy chili recipe to be made in a slow cooker. Simply brown the ground beef and cook the onions and garlic in a skillet before transferring everything to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • esavvymom