• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake--Review and Question.

In summary, Beth's husband ate half of the chili at their show, and they will add more ground beef and jalapeno to the recipe next time.
cheftiffany
Ok so I was hoping to make this at my show on Friday so I tried it out tonight. Just have to say my Husband (who is a very skinny guy) ate half of the pot. He just recently decided that he would try chili mostly because we have been some places that it was pretty much his only option, and he has decided that he likes it. So he has had chili 3 different ways in the last 2 months--loved this one sooo much. I made it with medium salsa and beans and turkey instead of beef. I thought it a bit hot but he couldn't taste any spice at all. (He eats habeneros raw and has sauces that come with eye droppers cause they are so hot.) It was definately good and will be made again at my house. Just sucks that this was the first really decent weather day we have had in like 2 months so it was as appropriate as we had hoped.

Has anyone else made it? Do you think you could double the chili part to feed more people? I am of the thought that you could. My show on Friday should have about 26 people. Thank God cause my February is a bust otherwise.

I've made this once and had it again at our big recipe spring kick off meeting. I thought there was more cornbread than chili too, but I haven't yet tried to increase the amount of chili, but that's a good idea. I'm not sure about doubling it (would the cornbread puff up too high and squeeze out of the lid?). I also saw (I think Linda C. suggested this) to add a small can of jalepenos to the cornbread mixture, which I'm going to try next time. However, I DO like spicey so this addition may not be for you.:D You don't happen to have two DCBs do you? I don't think once batch of this will feed 26 people (although I'm sure they won't ALL eat it) even if you double the chili. If you have or could borrow a 2nd DCB, I would say you'd be able to pretty easy crank out two of these. One can even be done almost the whole way ahead of time???

I've made it and we all loved it - It was a little too spicy for us so I'll use less chipolte rub next time. I will also add corn to it next time.

As far as increasing the amounts. I would think you could add at least 1/2lb ground beef and a can of chili beans without a problem.

Yes Becky, that was me.

I've made it once. Next time I will add more ground beef - I think the baker could handle up to 2 pounds. We like spicey and I didn't think this was very spicey at all (I used medium beans and followed the recipe). When making it for us, I will probably add jalapenos to both the ground beef and toss some in with the cornbread. I might even use poblano peppers in place of the bell peppers I didn't really like using the Jiffy mix as we don't like sweet cornbread - I might try making it with my own cornbread mixture and using less - it was rather heavy on the bread. We liked this recipe.

Are all of the cornbread mixes sweet? Anyone know of a brand that isn't?

This was too spicy for my group and we found it had too much cornbread to chili also. I was really excited at first about this recipe but after my families less than excited response, I'm not sure about using it at a show. The jury is still out for me on that.

Not spicy enough for us, and I agree...too much cornbread. ...but I LOVE the idea of this and am hoping with some "tweaking" it will be fabulous.

Thanks for all the comments!!
Beth--I actually added corn to mine after it was all made and really liked it that way. Hubby doesn't like corn.

I think I will let the host know what I think and see what she says. I always make it clear that we aren't feeding dinner that this is just a recipe sampling so it might work out. I don't have 2 DCBs but I may be able to borrow one from one of my girls. I wonder if the test kitchen tried it with more chili--maybe they would have a suggestion.
I really like that our recipes can be adjusted to everyone's preference. I think it's great that if you don't like it hot you can get all mild beans and salsa but if you do there are ways to change that too. Good knowledge for our customers to know.

I am NOT a fan of Mexican food, or any spicey food for that matter, and I actually thought this was fabulous! LoL

I don't like Mexican because I have a serious adversion to any type of peppers and the texture of tomatoes. However, I like that I can leave the green pepper out and use mild, finely chopped salsa so I can't really tell there are tomatoes in it hahaha. And I LOVE corn bread of all kinds so the extra cornbread was super yummy to me :) Guess it's all a matter of preference, but this recipe was a big hit at our team meeting when we made it together!

I'm not very creative in the kitchen myself so I love hearing everyone else's stories and how they adapt to different recipes!

Funny, we were thinkin that 9 oz package of corn bread wasn't enough.

I LOVED this recipe!! We didn't find it to be too spicy mainly because I thought I had chili beans, but didn't so I ended up using black beans instead. I kept everything else the same for the first time doing it. OMG!! My whole family loved it, from the dh to the 12 y.o to the 3 year old and everyone in between!! Usually there is a whole lot of chatter at the table, but everyone was to busy eating to talk. I will definitely make it again!!

I was at the grocery earlier and saw the Martha White has a Buttermilk White Corn Bread mix - has anyone used that one? Is it sweet too? It was in 2 sizes - a box that was a little bigger than the Jiffy and an envelope that was smaller. I think I might try this one next time.

I had to take my DCB lid off so the corbread would cook better. My BF loved it, for me, I could have done with less chipotle. Darcy, I shy away from the spicy things too.

1. What are the ingredients needed for the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

The ingredients for this dish include ground beef, chipotle chili powder, canned corn, diced tomatoes, black beans, cornbread mix, and shredded cheese.

2. Can I substitute the ground beef with a different protein?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or even tofu as a substitute for ground beef in this recipe.

3. How spicy is this dish?

The level of spiciness can vary depending on the amount of chipotle chili powder you use. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of chili powder or omit it altogether.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the dish and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it with foil before placing it in the fridge.

5. Can I freeze leftovers of this dish?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Jennie50