• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake

In summary, this recipe calls for Corn Muffin Mix..that is just the powder mix..correct..I am not to add the ingredients that the box calls for am I correct?? yes, you are correct.You are to mix the dry mix with the sour cream and
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Sorry I am having one of those days where I really can't think straight..and I just want to make sure that I am not reading this wrong.

This recipe calls for Corn Muffin Mix..that is just the powder mix..correct..I am not to add the ingredients that the box calls for am I correct??

I am just to mix the dry mix with the sour cream and egg..or am I supposed to mix it up then add the sour cream and egg??

Does my question even make sense?

Just mix it with the sour cream and egg.. don't worry about box directions. It is really good, btw! I used a Jiffy mix

Thank you so much Charity..I got the Jiffy as well..and I didn't think you needed to mix the liquids that the box called for..but I was just not 100% sure..thank you so much.

I used a cheap Aldi mix (.35/box!!) and it was really good!! Just the egg and sour cream... SO EASY!

mountainmama74 said:
I used a cheap Aldi mix (.35/box!!) and it was really good!! Just the egg and sour cream... SO EASY!

Good to know! I love Aldi's! :)

Wish we had an Aldi down here! :cry::cry::cry:

chefcharity said:
Good to know! I love Aldi's! :)

So do I!! That recipe cost less than $6 when I bought the items for it at Aldi!!

Thank you so much for the answers..I am so looking forward to making this..and I don't want to mess it up.

It is SOOOOOO good!!!!

I made it the day after Spring Launch. I don't have the Chipotle Rub, but it was still good!!!!

LOL I forgot to put the Chipotle rub in mine and it was still good. I can't wait to make it again WITH the rub!!

Let me start by saying that I LOVE this recipe..I have a party at the end of the month..and I am going to ask her if I can make this for it.

HOWEVER..My boyfriend and I thought that it might be better if I double the Chili part of it..and leave the cornbread as the same amount..so that is what I am going to try next..I am thinking about asking my mom and sister if I can make it for them for lunch tomorrow..LOL..they love trying out my new recipes..and I already told my mom how much I loved it.

chefheidi2003 said:
Let me start by saying that I LOVE this recipe..I have a party at the end of the month..and I am going to ask her if I can make this for it.

HOWEVER..My boyfriend and I thought that it might be better if I double the Chili part of it..and leave the cornbread as the same amount..so that is what I am going to try next..I am thinking about asking my mom and sister if I can make it for them for lunch tomorrow..LOL..they love trying out my new recipes..and I already told my mom how much I loved it.

I agree. It needs more of the meat mixture. The cornbread part seemed the right amount.

I'm torn though, on the flavor of the chipotle in there. Not sure if I loved it. This reminds me a lot of the Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet recipe. I just made it last week. My husband prefers the cornbread topping from that recipe, but I think I prefer this new recipe's cornbread.

1. What ingredients are needed for the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

The ingredients for the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake are 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup yellow cornmeal, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ cup sugar, 1 cup milk, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, 1 packet of chipotle chili seasoning, 1 pound of ground beef, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.

2. Can I use a different type of meat in this recipe?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or even vegetarian crumbles in place of ground beef for this recipe.

3. How long does it take to bake the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

The Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake takes approximately 30-35 minutes to bake in a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit oven.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap.

5. Can I freeze leftovers of the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

Yes, you can freeze any leftover Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator and then bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • thehaleykitchen