• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chipotle Cornbread Bake Question

In summary, The reserved onion tops are not placed in the batter bowl, but are for garnish. The tops that are in the batter bowl are mixed in with the cornbread mixture.
kam
Staff member
Maybe I am not reading this right...

1. Coarsely chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Color Coated Chef's Knife, separating white and light green bottoms from tops. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the onion tops for garnish. Place remaining tops into Classic Batter Bowl.

2. In Deep Covered Baker, combine bell pepper, onion bottoms and beef; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles halfway through using Mix ‘N Chop. Remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts; carefully pour off juices. Add beans, salsa and rub to beef mixture; mix well. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until hot.

3. Meanwhile, combine muffin mix, sour cream and egg in batter bowl; mix well. Scoop muffin mixture evenly over chili using Medium Scoop; spread evenly to edges of baker using Small Spreader. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until center of cornbread springs back when lightly pressed. Sprinkle cheese over cornbread, if desired; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with reserved onion tops and tomato, if desired.

Am I adding the muffin mix, sour cream and egg in Step 3 to the existing onion tops already in a batter bowl from Step 1???

No....if I remember correctly, you are Reserving the remaining Onion Tops for later in step 3 to put on top as a garnish, if desired. So not sure why they have them in the batter bowl. I put them in a prep bowl, and then step 3, was just the cornbread mix in the Batter bowl.

esavvymom said:
No....if I remember correctly, you are Reserving the remaining Onion Tops for later in step 3 to put on top as a garnish, if desired. So not sure why they have them in the batter bowl. I put them in a prep bowl, and then step 3, was just the cornbread mix in the Batter bowl.

Yes, I am confused. It says to reserve 1 tbsp of the onion tops for garnish with the remaining going in the batter bowl. So, what to do with the remaining??

I guess it's mixed into the cornbread......I don't remember if I did that. If it's cut small enough, I'm sure it's quite good. :) I personally wouldn't want chunks of onion-tops.

kam said:
Maybe I am not reading this right...

1. Coarsely chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Color Coated Chef's Knife, separating white and light green bottoms from tops. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the onion tops for garnish. Place remaining tops into Classic Batter Bowl.

2. In Deep Covered Baker, combine bell pepper, onion bottoms and beef; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles halfway through using Mix ‘N Chop. Remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts; carefully pour off juices. Add beans, salsa and rub to beef mixture; mix well. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until hot.

3. Meanwhile, combine muffin mix, sour cream and egg in batter bowl; mix well. Scoop muffin mixture evenly over chili using Medium Scoop; spread evenly to edges of baker using Small Spreader. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until center of cornbread springs back when lightly pressed. Sprinkle cheese over cornbread, if desired; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with reserved onion tops and tomato, if desired.

Am I adding the muffin mix, sour cream and egg in Step 3 to the existing onion tops already in a batter bowl from Step 1???

The reserved onion tops AREN'T placed into the batter bowl. They are for garnish & should be set aside. The tops that are in the batter bowl are mixed in with the cornbread mixture.

You reserve a small amount of the green onion tops for topping..then you put the rest of them in the batter bowl..to me mixed with the cornbread mix, sour cream, and egg.

Does that make sense??

Ha...forget I said anything. :) I obviously can't read today....

esavvymom said:
Ha...forget I said anything. :) I obviously can't read today....

Ha! You and me both! :) I was SO confused!!

crystalscookingnow said:
The reserved onion tops AREN'T placed into the batter bowl. They are for garnish & should be set aside. The tops that are in the batter bowl are mixed in with the cornbread mixture.

chefheidi2003 said:
You reserve a small amount of the green onion tops for topping..then you put the rest of them in the batter bowl..to me mixed with the cornbread mix, sour cream, and egg.

Does that make sense??

Yep! Thanks! The directions were a little confusing to me on that point.

I need to make this for a cluster meeting on Thursday and I was trying to pre-read over the instructions so I could plan on what I could prep ahead of time. I will only have 45 min from when I get home until I leave to make 2 recipes so I am trying "visualize" the recipes so I can cruise through them. Maybe if I was ACTUALLY doing the recipe, it would have come to me...(or maybe not!) :)

patty42240 said:
There is a video demonstration on CC

Go to Products and Recipes, click on Pampered Chef Products, Demo Video, NEW Mexican in Minutes

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/product_information/ts_mim.jsp

Hahaha!!! I completely forgot about that! This recipe did not appeal to me (because of the beans) so I had not watched the video. I agreed to make it for the cluster meeting since no one else was and my Directors microwave won't fit the DCB.

I will watch tonight when I get home!

kam said:
Yep! Thanks! The directions were a little confusing to me on that point.

I need to make this for a cluster meeting on Thursday and I was trying to pre-read over the instructions so I could plan on what I could prep ahead of time. I will only have 45 min from when I get home until I leave to make 2 recipes so I am trying "visualize" the recipes so I can cruise through them. Maybe if I was ACTUALLY doing the recipe, it would have come to me...(or maybe not!) :)

I know that it is not a lot of prep before..because really there is not too much that you can prep..but I would do the green peppers and green onions tomorrow night if you have time..that will save you a little bit

I thought this was confusing as well. I figured it out, but I opted to put the onions (except for those reserved for garnish) in with my ground beef and peppers. I liked it better that way, but it's probably just a personal preference.

I actually had frozen diced green peppers and onions in my freezer already- so I used those..big time saver. Not always able to find them though (I got them at Kroger). Most of it's just dump cooking. You can make it in under 30-minutes for sure (and I cleaned up!).

grins88 said:
I thought this was confusing as well. I figured it out, but I opted to put the onions (except for those reserved for garnish) in with my ground beef and peppers. I liked it better that way, but it's probably just a personal preference.

I did this too, didn't even realize they meant to put it in the cornbread! I sometimes read over things!

chefheidi2003 said:
I know that it is not a lot of prep before..because really there is not too much that you can prep..but I would do the green peppers and green onions tomorrow night if you have time..that will save you a little bit

Yes, after reading over it, those are about the only things I can do before hand. It doesn't look like this recipe will take too long! While it is cooking in the microwave, I can put together the Artichoke Bacon Appetizers!!

What ingredients do I need to make the Chipotle Cornbread Bake?

To make the Chipotle Cornbread Bake, you will need:

• 1 box of cornbread mix
  • 1 can of cream-style corn
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped

Can I make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free cornbread mix and ensuring that all other ingredients are also gluten-free.

How spicy is the Chipotle Cornbread Bake?

The Chipotle Cornbread Bake has a medium level of spiciness. If you prefer less spice, you can adjust the amount of chipotle pepper used or omit it altogether.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Chipotle Cornbread Bake ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just make sure to cover it tightly with foil to prevent it from drying out.

What can I serve with the Chipotle Cornbread Bake?

The Chipotle Cornbread Bake goes well with a variety of dishes such as chili, BBQ chicken, or roasted vegetables. It can also be served as a standalone dish with a side salad for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • chefheidi2003