• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Ideas to Showcase, but Not Exclusively Feature the Dcb

But I'm just focusing more on the Forged Cutlery and Cookware now, especially since it's the host special in the next couple of months. Get them to try a piece now and then want to host to get more!
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
For the past 2 years my show demos have pretty much exclusively used the DCB. Now that it's a Host Only item, I still want to use it at my shows as a booking tool but, I also want to feature other (higher-end) products. For the past 2 months I've been making the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad and cooking the ground beef in the DCB - this has worked really well for boookings and sales - but I'm kinda sick of that as a show recipe and I'm in to repeat guests from show bookings so I need to change it up.

What are y'all making?

I was thinking I could always make a cake as a second recipe, but was hoping to incorporate it in the main demo. ideas?

You could do the Jerk Chicken Nachos and cook the chicken in the DCB. Plus, you'll be showing off the Large Bar Pan (I make them in the LBP, but the recipe calls for the Large Round Stone). And, everyone raves about the nachos!

leftymac said:
You could do the Jerk Chicken Nachos and cook the chicken in the DCB. Plus, you'll be showing off the Large Bar Pan. And, everyone raves about the nachos!

I thought about that one too - I used to do that recipe a lot and I love it!

leftymac said:
You could do the Jerk Chicken Nachos and cook the chicken in the DCB. Plus, you'll be showing off the Large Bar Pan (I make them in the LBP, but the recipe calls for the Large Round Stone). And, everyone raves about the nachos!

pamperedlinda said:
I thought about that one too - I used to do that recipe a lot and I love it!

I've been doing the Jerk Chicken Nachos or the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad and cooking the chicken in the DCB.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've been doing the Jerk Chicken Nachos or the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad and cooking the chicken in the DCB.

I made the CCCTS pretty much the entire month of May.

Personally, I want to make something new and different.

I did a taco ring by hostess request this past weekend. I am still so surprised by the people that request these "old recipes". I paired it with a pinapple upside down cake in the fluted stoneware. My hostess set out chips and salsa and fruit. Everyone seemed very happy with the food!! And I sold a couple of stoneware fluted bowls. They were amazed that we were putting stoneware in the microwave, and even baked a cake. I also sold a couple of pineapple wedgers too. The party sits just under 1000, I am hoping that a few more outside orders comes in before closing!

I'm using the 12" Skillet. I just did the Bacon, Linguini & Tomato Toss and then during the demo I talked about how you can also do the pasta the same way but in the DCB in the microwave.

I also made a point of noting several microwave recipes in the current Seasons Best - for example the Quick Fudgy Brownies - and how it can be made in the DCB. Then I note the Pecan whatever cakes and talk about the only thing better than dinner in under 29 minutes in the microwave or on the stove is the 13 minute lava cake in the microwave AND the only thing better than that is brownies cooked in the microwave in 1.5 minutes (that's how long it takes to cook just 1 at a time, I think it's like 3 minutes for 3-4 at a time) in the prep bowls. That way I've enticed them with recipes in the book and other ideas for the DCB but then I've created a desire for the prep bowls that they can buy right now. Maybe they'll fall in love with 1.5 minute brownies and want the DCB to do SOO much more :) Maybe....hehehe

But I'm just focusing more on the Forged Cutlery and Cookware now, especially since it's the host special in the next couple of months. Get them to try a piece now and then want to host to get more!

Hi there! Great question! I completely understand wanting to showcase other products in your demos while still using the DCB as a booking tool. One idea could be to make a delicious side dish in the DCB, such as roasted vegetables or a cheesy potato casserole. This way, you can still show off the versatility and convenience of the DCB while featuring another product as the main dish. Another idea could be to use the DCB as a serving dish for a dip or appetizer, highlighting its beautiful design and functionality. And don't forget about desserts! You could make a decadent chocolate lava cake or a fruity cobbler in the DCB to really wow your guests. I hope these ideas help inspire you to mix things up at your demos. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for desserts as well as savory dishes?

Yes, the DCB is a versatile tool that can be used for both sweet and savory recipes. Some popular dessert recipes that can be made in the DCB include cakes, cobblers, and bread pudding.

2. Are there any dietary restrictions that should be considered when using the DCB for recipe ideas?

The DCB is made of stoneware, which is safe for use with all types of foods. However, some recipes may need to be modified to accommodate dietary restrictions, such as using gluten-free ingredients for those with celiac disease.

3. Can I use the DCB on the stovetop or only in the oven?

The DCB is designed to be used in the oven only. It is not safe to use on the stovetop, as it may crack or break due to the direct heat.

4. How do I clean the DCB after using it for recipe ideas?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils on the stoneware, as it may damage the surface.

5. Can I use the DCB for frozen meals or only for fresh ingredients?

The DCB can be used for both frozen and fresh ingredients. However, it is important to follow recipe instructions and allow for proper thawing time if using frozen ingredients to ensure even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl