• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Great Recipe for the Dcb Asap!

In summary, the conversation is about a person's dilemma on what to cook for a Church at Homecoming Sunday event. They have two Deep Covered Bakers (DCBs) and are considering making a main dish and a dessert to showcase the DCB. Suggestions from others include 11-Minute BBQ Chicken sandwiches and Molten Lava Chocolate cake, a whole chicken with vegetables, BBQ pork or chicken sandwiches, Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, and microwave brownies or dump cakes. Someone also shares a recipe for the PB Lava cake, which involves using a chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, and peanut butter. However, another person points out the difficulty of serving a whole chicken at the event and
tahodgin
Gold Member
I have the opportunity to show off my DCB at Church at Homecoming Sunday & I have no idea what to fix. I have 2 of them so I could fix a main dish & a dessert. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I could fix? I've talked to a few of the ladies at church about me selling PC, but none of them have booked a Show yet, so hopefully after they see how great the DCB is they will want one or maybe ::love:

11 Minute BBQ Chicken sandwiches and the Molten Lava Chocolate cake. Unless there are two microwaves I would have the cake coming out as guests arrive. You don't want a show longer than 45 minutes for a large crowd.

Are you actually showing the recipe, or are you just bringing a dish to something and want to showcase the DCB? If the latter is the case, then I would suggest cooking a whole chicken with some veggies around it. It comes out so moist and delicious that I always get rave reviews when I take this places or have people over to our house.

I'd do something like the BBQ pork or chicken sandwiches or the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder or the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake. For dessert you can make the microwave brownies or one of the dump cakes. My favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump/Lava Cake.

Thank you all for the great ideas. Amanda, I haven't heard of the pb lava cake. Could you give me the recipe for it & also the sandwiches, how do you make them? I may do them. I was thinking I might do the chicken too though. I just can't decide. Thanks again though. It all sounds soooo good!!!

The trouble I see with doing the 30 min whole chicken is that you will then need to carve it. It's great to cook it in the DCB, but to take it some place to serve I think you'd be better off w/ a different recipe.The BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches recipe is on CC. Go to the Recipes tab and then to "recipes", then "Deep Covered Baker-budget friendly meals". The PB Lava cake has been posted on here a bunch of times. There's a couple different ways people do it, but this is how I do it:Spray baker with Kitchen Spritzer
Mix Devil's Food Cake mix or other Chocolate Cake mix--according to package directions (only, mix it with a whisk in the Batter Bowl or Stainless Bowl--not an electric mixer)
Pour it into the DCB. Then take a can of chocolate frosting (regular, not whipped) and use the medium scoop to put dollops of frosting on the top of the cake batter. I don't use the whole can, maybe about 3/4's of it. Then measure 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter in Measure-All Cup. Use the same medium scoop to put dollops of the PB all over the top of the batter as well. (I put them in between the spaces of the chocolate frosting blobs.)Cover and bake in microwave on High for 11 minutes. Check it and see if it's done. I touch the center lightly w/ my finger to make sure it springs back. Then take it out and remove the lid and let it sit for about 15-20 min. All the frosting and PB will have sunk to the bottom. It will be gooey on the bottom. This is where you could flip it over onto a platter (usually made in the fluted stone or the Rice Cooker) but it's not as pretty when it's from the DCB. I leave it in the baker and just scoop it out. The baker looks pretty at least and it will keep the cake nice and warm. Plus then you have a lid to cover up the leftovers...if there are any. ;)

That PB Lava cake sounds heavenly! Too bad my daughter is allergic to peanuts. I bought a 2nd fluted stone to avoid cross contamination for the peanutty chocolate cake...if the DCB ever went on sale I'd buy a 2nd...half price doesn't cut it yet.

babywings76 said:
The trouble I see with doing the 30 min whole chicken is that you will then need to carve it. It's great to cook it in the DCB, but to take it some place to serve I think you'd be better off w/ a different recipe.The BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches recipe is on CC. Go to the Recipes tab and then to "recipes", then "Deep Covered Baker-budget friendly meals". The PB Lava cake has been posted on here a bunch of times. There's a couple different ways people do it, but this is how I do it:Spray baker with Kitchen Spritzer
Mix Devil's Food Cake mix or other Chocolate Cake mix--according to package directions (only, mix it with a whisk in the Batter Bowl or Stainless Bowl--not an electric mixer)
Pour it into the DCB. Then take a can of chocolate frosting (regular, not whipped) and use the medium scoop to put dollops of frosting on the top of the cake batter. I don't use the whole can, maybe about 3/4's of it. Then measure 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter in Measure-All Cup. Use the same medium scoop to put dollops of the PB all over the top of the batter as well. (I put them in between the spaces of the chocolate frosting blobs.)Cover and bake in microwave on High for 11 minutes. Check it and see if it's done. I touch the center lightly w/ my finger to make sure it springs back. Then take it out and remove the lid and let it sit for about 15-20 min. All the frosting and PB will have sunk to the bottom. It will be gooey on the bottom. This is where you could flip it over onto a platter (usually made in the fluted stone or the Rice Cooker) but it's not as pretty when it's from the DCB. I leave it in the baker and just scoop it out. The baker looks pretty at least and it will keep the cake nice and warm. Plus then you have a lid to cover up the leftovers...if there are any. ;)
Interesting....I do my PB Lava cake basically the same way, except that I've never sprayed the DCB....and the cake has never stuck at all. AND I've never covered it. I just stick it in the Micro uncovered. Oh - and I use the WHOLE can of frosting. :)

Thanks ladies for all the help!!

1. How do I find a great recipe for the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

To find a great recipe for the DCB, you can visit the Pampered Chef website and browse through our collection of recipes specifically designed for the DCB. You can also search for recipes by ingredient or type of dish.

2. Can I use any recipe with the DCB or are there specific ones for it?

While you can use any recipe with the DCB, there are specific recipes that have been tested and optimized for the DCB's unique cooking properties. These recipes can be found on our website or in our cookbook specifically for the DCB.

3. Are there any recipes that are quick and easy to make with the DCB?

Yes, there are many quick and easy recipes that can be made with the DCB. Some popular options include one-pot meals, casseroles, and even desserts. You can find these recipes on our website or in our DCB cookbook.

4. Can the DCB be used in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the DCB is designed to be used in both the oven and microwave. It is safe to use in temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and can also be used in the microwave for up to 10 minutes at a time.

5. Are there any recipe suggestions for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free or dairy-free?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that cater to special dietary needs. You can find these recipes on our website by using the search filters or by browsing through our collection of dietary-specific recipes. You can also adapt your favorite recipes to fit your dietary needs by using the DCB and our other Pampered Chef tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • SarahT
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • HealthNut