• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Yikes! We Are Under a Tsunami Warning!

In summary, a Tsunami warning is now in effect for the US as a result of the Chile earthquake. The show is still scheduled to go on, but precautions are being taken in case the threat gets worse.
Sheila
Gold Member
We had the earthquake yesterday morning with no Tsunami issues, but are now under a Tsunami Warning as a result of the Chile earthquake.

It's currently 11AM here in Okinawa and we are expecting one around 3m (6') to hit around 3 PM. I have a 2PM show! The host & I are keeping a close watch on the news updates. As of right now, we are planning to do the show, but if the threat gets worse, we may alter our plans.

If we have a lot of damage and/or loose power/internet, I may be MIA for a few days.

Obviously, we are hoping that this is a minor threat and that the water won't come in too far inland, but Okinawa is a very thin little island, so anything is possible.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I was afraid of this. They were mentioning this earlier today on the news. Please be careful. When you get the word, stop and go where you need to so you'll be safe! As much fun as a PC party is... :D

It is almost 8:30 p.m. here now and I see you are on-line. I am not good at time differences so... Is everything OK and all clear or are you still waiting?

It's supposed to hit around 1AM Central time. So we are still under the warning.

Wave warning!Well, I warned you!

leaf_blower.jpg

Ahhh, and again - I knew it was coming KG! It was just a matter of when! :D

You're welcome. I'd hate to disappoint anyone.

Be safe Sheila - hoping for your safety as well as for everyone else in that area.

Please be safe, praying.

3:21 PM - at the show & still safe! :D

Glad to hear it! Hope your show goes well!

$700 Tsunami show, not bad! :D5:39 PM & still safe. I'm home super quick & headed out to dinner with friends, but wanted to update before leaving. ;)

Glad you're all safe. That sounds like a pretty good show!

Now everytime a potential host is worried about the turnout of her show you can say, "I did a show on the same day as a Tsunami warning and it was a $700 show!!"

We were under Tsunami warning too on mainland. we were cleared as of 5:00pm.

Yup. 10:27 here & we are still safe. I was so busy trying to get all my weekend shows finalized to submit by the end of the month and help 2 of my new recruits with their shows that I haven't even checked the news! How sad is that? LOL We are still safe & sound. I really don't think anything happened. I know they evacuated the people who were at an elevation of 30' or lower and had a voluntary evacuation for those 31' - 60' - but so far I haven't heard of anything major happening here in Okinawa.

glad you are safe.

Our little island is so freaking narrow, I think the hubby was worried that the wave would just wash right over us! LOL

Thank God no one was hurt by the Tsunami this time around. Our prayers are with those in Chile!

I am so glad to hear you are BOTH OK!

Glad to know you are all okay- I enjoy reading your posts, & have learned a lot. Blessings!

Sheila said:
Our little island is so freaking narrow, I think the hubby was worried that the wave would just wash right over us! LOL

As long as it wasn't wearing a blue satin suit, you were probably okay.

You are a scary man KG! By the way, I think I recognize your Toronto Maple leaf! Didn't he grow up to be the Cowboy in the Village People?

I have no idea, but it would have been a great promotion to cowboy from being a Leaf blo...er...piece of power equipment.

What should I do if I receive a tsunami warning?

If you receive a tsunami warning, it is important to follow the instructions of local authorities. This may include evacuating to higher ground or moving inland. Stay tuned to local news stations for updates and follow any evacuation orders.

How do I prepare for a potential tsunami?

It is important to have a plan in place for emergencies, including tsunamis. Make sure you have an emergency kit with supplies such as non-perishable food, water, a first aid kit, and a battery-powered radio. Familiarize yourself with evacuation routes and have a designated meeting place for your family.

What causes a tsunami?

A tsunami is typically caused by an underwater earthquake, landslide, or volcanic eruption. These events can cause the displacement of large bodies of water, resulting in a series of powerful waves that can travel long distances and cause damage.

How much time do I have to evacuate during a tsunami warning?

The amount of time you have to evacuate during a tsunami warning can vary depending on the location and severity of the event. In some cases, there may only be a few minutes to evacuate. It is important to act quickly and follow the instructions of local authorities.

Is it safe to return to the affected area after a tsunami warning has been lifted?

It is important to wait for official confirmation that it is safe to return to the affected area. Even after a tsunami warning has been lifted, there may still be dangerous conditions, such as strong currents and debris. It is best to wait until local authorities give the all-clear before returning to the area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back