• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FedEx Delivery Delay: A Frustrating Yet Familiar Story

In summary, the tablecloth that was supposed to arrive last Friday did not and FedEx put down a local weather delay. I was expecting it and it did not show up so I called. The replacement box that I received had broken pieces which I thought was strange because it had supposedly been handled carefully. I also had problems with replacement pieces that I had to send back to HO.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
My tablecloth was scheduled to arrive this past Saturday. I was really psyched, because I wanted to use it at my show yesterday. Well, 11:00 am came and went (the time frame that I usually receive deliveries) and nothing. I was keeping a really good eye out for the delivery truck, because one of our goats is out of the pen and has a habit of eating anything she can get her teeth into.:eek:

So all day goes by and nothing. I checked the shipment status on CC and found that FedEx had put down local weather delay, delivery attempted at 7:06 pm. WTF does that mean? What was wrong with our weather? It was clear skies and it wasn't even raining! Delivery attempted my A$$. I was outside from 6:00 pm until 7:15 pm when I came in and checked the computer. I was livid!

Now I am expecting three deliveries this week, starting with tomorrow (my tablecloth), Wednesday (change over kit) and Thursday (SAT items). I am going to call them when I go on break and see if they are open today and give them a piece of my mind. This isn't the first time the delivery driver has done stuff like this.

I miss my UPS guy!:love:

Thanks for letting me vent!

Fedex seems to have ALOT of weather delays once the items get on the local delivery truck. Sad part, out my way, the fedex depot that puts the packages on the truck....... is 5 minutes away from my house!!! Right down the dang road. It would easier if they just asked me to pick it up instead of "attemping to deliver". LOL

Some drivers will put in "local weather delay" if they are running late and can't get it to you before their shift is done. Why you ask? I don't know, just because they can and they probably figure the shipper to them isn't checking it or wouldn't know any better.Report your complaints to HO so they can address them...

Also, you might want to call FedEx and ask to speak to the local depot and express your concerns to them as well.

My tablecloth had a delivery date of last Friday. I checked Friday AM and it had arrived at the local hub about 1/2 hour away. Later that morning (about 9:30 am) they changed the delivery date to Tuesday of this week. I'm not sure why they moved it when they still had all day to deliver it. I never called because I figured it probably wouldn't have changed again. I will if they change it on Tuesday.

Mine was scheduled to arrive Friday and came Saturday. As FedEx will remind you, it is only an estimate date. Sometimes they cannot get all their deliveries done in one day and that's why they'll put delivery attempt. I think it makes them look better. You can call your local hub but I'm betting they'll tell you the same thing mine told me when I questioned this.

I just put in an adjustment for the Dots Plates, and when the replacement box arrived, I had some pretty broken plate pieces. Both plates were broken. One plate in pieces, the other right in half. Go figure. It looked like my box was kicked around a few times. It's so frustrating calling HO too, hour an a half wait. Give me a break!

I have been having a TON of issues with Fed Ex. Home Office said they didn't realize there were so many issues so make sure you report ANYthing and EVERYthing. That is the only way they can do anything about it is if they know the problems! I had a delivery that came at 11pm one time and the boxes are always upsidedown! So let HO know any issues

I've been having a terrible time with any of my SA pieces. And its sad that the Fedex guys cant tell BEFORE they deliver that the box ISNT supposed to sound like broken glass rattling around in it.

Mwalker said:
I've been having a terrible time with any of my SA pieces. And its sad that the Fedex guys cant tell BEFORE they deliver that the box ISNT supposed to sound like broken glass rattling around in it.

Oh tell me about it, I don't even know why I bothered opening it up because I knew instantly when I picked it up that they were broken.

The sad thing is, I have been having HO send ME the replacements because of this reason. So my customers don't think that there are issues with our PRODUCTS. I know if my plates broke, and had some new ones sent to me and they arrived broken, I would wonder about the quality of the plates. I have had this happen to me numerous times. It just gets annoying trying to get a hold of HO and you have over an hour wait time. I have things to do!! I can't just sit around waiting for them to call me back.

Have you done a product adjustment online? I've had a few and they are very quick.One time I even had a SA plate with a defect that I emailed them about because the defect was a burr and I cut my finger on it (Thank goodness I decided to open it before giving it to my customer!) and they called me at 8 pm the day I sent the message. I was very impressed with them, but then again I've never called and been on hold that long!

lmao------so sorry

Delivery attempted my A$$.

I love my FedEx guy. He is careful not to knock in the afternoon and is VERY nice. However, I had direct order go to a friend and it took a week to get to her after it was sent out. It was in her town in 1 day and the rest were weather delay, no one was there and unable to locate address. I called FedEx 3 times to give them HER phone # and check. So frustrating! She did finally get it. Pretty much b/c the driver FINALLY called her. They just couldn't find her even though mapquest & gps have directions to her home.

Makes me appreciate my FedEx guy.

All of you with FedEx issues, you have to check out this comic from Sunday. The strip is called "Candorville" and I normally don't read it, but I saw it was about "FedHex", so I had to read it, and after reading all of the posts on here recently, I got a chuckle and had to find it online to share it with all of you. Hope it at least brings a smile to your face.

Tammy
CANDORVILLE daily comics by Darrin Bell » Archive » Candorville: 1/20/2007- FedHex

I have not had problems with fedex since the first few deliveries. However, this morning I am sitting here at my computer when I hear something bang on the porch. I get up and open the door to find my breakable box of outlet orders for customers and a beauticontrol box. He didn't knock on the door or anything just threw the boxes down. Apparently they can't read "glass. handle with care. this side up".

1. What is "Yet, Another Fedex Story"?

"Yet, Another Fedex Story" is a popular cookbook published by Pampered Chef that features a collection of delicious and easy-to-make recipes.

2. Who is the author of "Yet, Another Fedex Story"?

The author of "Yet, Another Fedex Story" is a team of talented chefs and recipe developers at Pampered Chef.

3. Can I purchase "Yet, Another Fedex Story" in stores?

No, "Yet, Another Fedex Story" is exclusively sold through Pampered Chef consultants or on the Pampered Chef website.

4. Are the recipes in "Yet, Another Fedex Story" healthy?

Yes, the recipes in "Yet, Another Fedex Story" are designed to be nutritious and balanced meals for families.

5. Can I customize the recipes in "Yet, Another Fedex Story" to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Yet, Another Fedex Story" includes a variety of recipes that can be easily adapted to fit specific dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, or dairy-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Flamingo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • pamperedlinda